Subject: [Shop-talk] Engine idling problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 04:02:06 -0400 2013) at 10/03/2016 04:02:26 AM, Serialize complete at 10/03/2016 04:02:26 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============2437654620614113514==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 002C243F85258041_=

I have a 2009 Kawasaki KingQuad 750 that I use for work on my property. 
It's garage kept and I had it since it was new.  (so it's well taken care 
of.)

Recently, I've had a problem with it starting and taking off  (it has an 
auto clutch and it dies when I try to put it under power.)  A search on 
the web has these problems listed from anything from a spark plug to a new 
computer (and none seems to have enough followup to let me know what 
works.)

It got really bad and a new battery and plug seemed to fix it.  Problem 
is, it's starting to happen again just a few months later.

Now, I really don't ever open the throttle up.  It's mostly used at slow 
speed or it's idling while I'm nearby.  I'm guessing this is part of the 
problem.

Since it's such a beast, opening it up full throttle would take a small 
runway.  I did make a race track in one of my fields to run it more, but I 
was wondering if there was a better way.

SO, my questions are...

Is it my low speed/idling use that is causing the issue?

Is there something else I can do to keep it from happening?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 002C243F85258041_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have a 2009 Kawasaki KingQuad 750 that
I use for work on my property. &nbsp;It's garage kept and I had it since
it was new. &nbsp;(so it's well taken care of.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Recently, I've had a problem with it
starting and taking off &nbsp;(it has an auto clutch and it dies when I
try to put it under power.) &nbsp;A search on the web has these problems
listed from anything from a spark plug to a new computer (and none seems
to have enough followup to let me know what works.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">It got really bad and a new battery
and plug seemed to fix it. &nbsp;Problem is, it's starting to happen again
just a few months later.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Now, I really don't ever open the throttle
up. &nbsp;It's mostly used at slow speed or it's idling while I'm nearby.
&nbsp;I'm guessing this is part of the problem.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Since it's such a beast, opening it
up full throttle would take a small runway. &nbsp;I did make a race track
in one of my fields to run it more, but I was wondering if there was a
better way.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">SO, my questions are...</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Is it my low speed/idling use that is
causing the issue?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Is there something else I can do to
keep it from happening?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks in advance.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 002C243F85258041_=--

--===============2437654620614113514==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2437654620614113514==--