Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Buffing out plastic mirror bits

From: "Doug Armstrong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 08:45:26 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3857548337811491095==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_052D_01D20E64.592C4E40"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_052D_01D20E64.592C4E40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

A clay bar & lubricant may work.  

"a clay bar will remove embedded surface contamination that still remains
after a maintenance wash. Sometimes the contamination removed is not always
visible on the paint to the naked eye."

Doug Armstrong

From: Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Buffing out plastic mirror bits

While I was in DC last week, someone tried to make an illegal turn into me.
My truck was fine, except his rear view mirror scrapped down the side of my
truck. 

So, how do I buff out plastic?  It didn't scratch the paint as it is proud
of the paint. 

I didn't want to just compound it and then scratch it up. 

Any ideas? 

TIA. 

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
Emerson 

  _____  

<https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=0aRHhGi6o&m=0d8f9b015d74&
t=20160914&c=s> Spam
 
<https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=0aRHhGi6o&m=0d8f9b015d74&
t=20160914&c=p> Phish/Fraud
 
<https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=0aRHhGi6o&m=0d8f9b015d74&
t=20160914&c=n> Not spam
 
<https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=0aRHhGi6o&m=0d8f9b015d74&
t=20160914&c=f> Forget previous vote

------=_NextPart_000_052D_01D20E64.592C4E40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.begin-antispam-voting-links
	{mso-style-name:begin-antispam-voting-links;}
span.end-antispam-voting-links
	{mso-style-name:end-antispam-voting-links;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>A clay bar =
&amp; lubricant may work.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>&#8220;a =
clay bar will remove embedded surface contamination that still remains =
after a maintenance wash. Sometimes the contamination removed is not =
always visible on the paint to the naked =
eye.&#8221;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>Doug =
Armstrong<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:31 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Shop-talk] =
Buffing out plastic mirror bits<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>While I was in =
DC last week, someone tried to make an illegal turn into me. &nbsp;My =
truck was fine, except his rear view mirror scrapped down the side of my =
truck.</span> <br><br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>So, how do I =
buff out plastic? &nbsp;It didn't scratch the paint as it is proud of =
the paint.</span> <br><br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I didn't want =
to just compound it and then scratch it up.</span> <br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><br>Any =
ideas?</span> <br><br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>TIA.</span> =
<br><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><br><br>Sent =
from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>Eric P<br>&quot;Be as =
beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational being =
are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph =
Waldo Emerson </span><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div class=3DMsoNormal =
align=3Dcenter style=3D'text-align:center'><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;color:black;background:white'><hr size=3D2 =
width=3D"100%" align=3Dcenter></span></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;color:black;background:white'><br></span><a =
href=3D"https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=3D0aRHhGi6o&amp=
;m=3D0d8f9b015d74&amp;t=3D20160914&amp;c=3Ds" =
target=3D"canit_note"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;background:white'>Spam</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;color:black;background:white'><br></span><a =
href=3D"https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=3D0aRHhGi6o&amp=
;m=3D0d8f9b015d74&amp;t=3D20160914&amp;c=3Dp" =
target=3D"canit_note"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;background:white'>Phish/Fraud</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;color:black;background:white'><br></span><a =
href=3D"https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=3D0aRHhGi6o&amp=
;m=3D0d8f9b015d74&amp;t=3D20160914&amp;c=3Dn" =
target=3D"canit_note"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;background:white'>Not spam</span></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;color:black;background:white'><br></span><a =
href=3D"https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=3D0aRHhGi6o&amp=
;m=3D0d8f9b015d74&amp;t=3D20160914&amp;c=3Df" =
target=3D"canit_note"><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;background:white'>Forget previous =
vote</span></a><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_052D_01D20E64.592C4E40--

--===============3857548337811491095==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3857548337811491095==--

---

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:08:47 +0000

--===============1514686820353778312==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM3PR13MB0617B17BF9EA2FC899D07805B4F10DM3PR13MB0617namp_"

--_000_DM3PR13MB0617B17BF9EA2FC899D07805B4F10DM3PR13MB0617namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

"This might be a good time to pay a detail shop for their expertise.".....e=
specially if the other person's insurance is paying for it.

________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of ejrussell@m=
ebtel.net <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Buffing out plastic mirror bits

> So, how do I buff out plastic?

This might be a good time to pay a detail shop for their expertise.

Eric Russell
Mebane NC

[email-masked]
www.team.net<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
www.team.net
The Team.Net email, archive, ftp and web services are run on a part time vo=
lunteer basis. There are out of pocket expenses involved in the network con=
nection, name ...

--_000_DM3PR13MB0617B17BF9EA2FC899D07805B4F10DM3PR13MB0617namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;back=
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<p>&quot;<span style=3D"font-size: 12pt;">This might be a good time to pay =
a detail shop for their expertise.&quot;.....especially if the other person=
's insurance is paying for it.&nbsp;</span><br>
<br style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &quot;Appl=
e Color Emoji&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI Emoji&quot;, NotoColorEmoji, &quot;Sego=
e UI Symbol&quot;, &quot;Android Emoji&quot;, EmojiSymbols; font-size: 13.3=
333px;">
</p>
<br>
<br>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"x_divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" =
color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;shop-=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;ejrus=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:41 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] Buffing out plastic mirror bits</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div>
<font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;">
<div class=3D"PlainText">&gt; So, how do I buff out plastic? <br>
<br>
This might be a good time to pay a detail shop for their expertise. <br>
<br>
Eric Russell<br>
Mebane NC<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
<div id=3D"LPBorder_GT_14738692790910.5579849962248284" style=3D"margin-bot=
tom: 20px; overflow: auto; width: 100%; text-indent: 0px;">
<table id=3D"LPContainer_14738692790870.6618017887028511" cellspacing=3D"0"=
 style=3D"width: 90%; position: relative; overflow: auto; padding-top: 20px=
; padding-bottom: 20px; margin-top: 20px; border-top: 1px dotted rgb(200, 2=
00, 200); border-bottom: 1px dotted rgb(200, 200, 200); background-color: r=
gb(255, 255, 255);">
<tbody>
<tr valign=3D"top" style=3D"border-spacing: 0px;">
<td id=3D"TextCell_14738692790880.15997907469005512" colspan=3D"2" style=3D=
"vertical-align: top; position: relative; padding: 0px; display: table-cell=
;">
<div id=3D"LPRemovePreviewContainer_14738692790880.3640526080201629"></div>
<div id=3D"LPTitle_14738692790890.8821548027034565" style=3D"top: 0px; colo=
r: rgb(0, 120, 215); font-weight: normal; font-size: 21px; font-family: wf_=
segoe-ui_light, &quot;Segoe UI Light&quot;, &quot;Segoe WP Light&quot;, &qu=
ot;Segoe UI&quot;, &quot;Segoe WP&quot;, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; line-he=
ight: 21px;">
<a id=3D"LPUrlAnchor_14738692790890.6774063510923476" href=3D"http://www.te=
am.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"text-decoration: none;">www.=
team.net</a></div>
<div id=3D"LPMetadata_14738692790890.7772575601720157" style=3D"margin: 10p=
x 0px 16px; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-weight: normal; font-family: wf=
_segoe-ui_normal, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, &quot;Segoe WP&quot;, Tahoma, Arial=
, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 14px;">
www.team.net</div>
<div id=3D"LPDescription_14738692790910.690041016722635" style=3D"display: =
block; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); font-weight: normal; font-family: wf_sego=
e-ui_normal, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, &quot;Segoe WP&quot;, Tahoma, Arial, san=
s-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; max-height: 100px; overflow: h=
idden;">
The Team.Net email, archive, ftp and web services are run on a part time vo=
lunteer basis. There are out of pocket expenses involved in the network con=
nection, name ...</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM3PR13MB0617B17BF9EA2FC899D07805B4F10DM3PR13MB0617namp_--

--===============1514686820353778312==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1514686820353778312==--

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:10:02 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0022662233880430127==
 boundary="------------04B760F5ABEBCDDFD45781B7"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------04B760F5ABEBCDDFD45781B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I second the clay bar with a quick detailer spray as a lubricant. If you 
don't have that handy, I'd try a polish.  The clay bar is fantastic for 
unfortunate things like spray paint and rust from metal shavings sitting 
on the paint.

I had my painted side view mirror clipped by a tow truck's black plastic 
mirror and use some TR-3 polish ( 
http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/91/tr_3_resin_glaze_polish/ 
) and it wiped off easily.  I thought it was scratched through the 
paint.  This stuff is wonderful too.

Brian

On 9/13/2016 5:31 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> While I was in DC last week, someone tried to make an illegal turn 
> into me.  My truck was fine, except his rear view mirror scrapped down 
> the side of my truck.
>
> So, how do I buff out plastic?  It didn't scratch the paint as it is 
> proud of the paint.
>
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a 
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your 
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

--------------04B760F5ABEBCDDFD45781B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    I second the clay bar with a quick detailer spray as a lubricant. 
    If you don't have that handy, I'd try a polish.  The clay bar is
    fantastic for unfortunate things like spray paint and rust from
    metal shavings sitting on the paint.<br>
    <br>
    I had my painted side view mirror clipped by a tow truck's black
    plastic mirror and use some TR-3 polish (
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/91/tr_3_resin_glaze_polish/">http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/91/tr_3_resin_glaze_polish/</a>
    ) and it wiped off easily.  I thought it was scratched through the
    paint.  This stuff is wonderful too.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Brian<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/13/2016 5:31 PM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite"><font face="sans-serif" size="2">While I was in DC
        last week, someone tried
        to make an illegal turn into me.  My truck was fine, except his
        rear
        view mirror scrapped down the side of my truck.</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font face="sans-serif" size="2">So, how do I buff out plastic?
         It
        didn't scratch the paint as it is proud of the paint.</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font face="sans-serif" size="2">I didn't want to just compound it
        and
        then scratch it up.</font>
      <br>
      <font face="sans-serif" size="2"><br>
        Any ideas?</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font face="sans-serif" size="2">TIA.</font>
      <br>
      <font face="sans-serif" size="2"><br>
        <br>
        Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
        Eric P<br>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------04B760F5ABEBCDDFD45781B7--

--===============0022662233880430127==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0022662233880430127==--