Subject: [Shop-talk] Buffing out plastic mirror bits

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 20:31:27 -0400 2013) at 09/13/2016 08:32:23 PM, Serialize complete at 09/13/2016 08:32:23 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============2625689869613431157==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0002EB118525802E_=

While I was in DC last week, someone tried to make an illegal turn into 
me.  My truck was fine, except his rear view mirror scrapped down the side 
of my truck.

So, how do I buff out plastic?  It didn't scratch the paint as it is proud 
of the paint.

I didn't want to just compound it and then scratch it up.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 0002EB118525802E_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">While I was in DC last week, someone tried
to make an illegal turn into me. &nbsp;My truck was fine, except his rear
view mirror scrapped down the side of my truck.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So, how do I buff out plastic? &nbsp;It
didn't scratch the paint as it is proud of the paint.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I didn't want to just compound it and
then scratch it up.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Any ideas?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">TIA.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 0002EB118525802E_=--

--===============2625689869613431157==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2625689869613431157==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:41:24 -0400 (EDT)

> So, how do I buff out plastic? 

This might be a good time to pay a detail shop for their expertise. 

Eric Russell
Mebane NC

[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:54:57 -0700

resend - got a delivery bounce

I second the clay bar with a quick detailer spray as a lubricant. If you 
don't have that handy, I'd try a polish.  The clay bar is fantastic for 
unfortunate things like spray paint and rust from metal shavings sitting 
on the paint.

I had my painted side view mirror clipped by a tow truck's black plastic 
mirror and use some TR-3 polish ( 
http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/91/tr_3_resin_glaze_polish/ 
) and it wiped off easily.  I thought it was scratched through the 
paint.  This stuff is wonderful too.

Brian

On 9/13/2016 5:31 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> While I was in DC last week, someone tried to make an illegal turn 
> into me.  My truck was fine, except his rear view mirror scrapped down 
> the side of my truck.
>
> So, how do I buff out plastic?  It didn't scratch the paint as it is 
> proud of the paint.
>
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a 
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your 
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
>
>

[email-masked]