Subject: [Shop-talk] Mounting a compressor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:20:19 -0400 06/03/2016 15:19:57, Serialize complete at 06/03/2016 15:19:57

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5340597883725006576==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 006D2AE285257FC7_=

I was just wonder how most people mount their vertical air compressors.

I've always left mine on the pallet it was shipped on and that seem to 
work well. 

Today they delivered the new monster compressor and it's huge.  The pallet 
it's on is much larger then what would be needed.

is it better to mount them on wood for free standing or is it better to 
bolt it down?  FWIW, I'm putting it on an asphalt floor (inside.)  But I 
can pour concrete if a pad is better.

It just seems to me that having the wood helps absorbed vibrations.

What's the 'correct' answer, and what is best practices?

TIA!!!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 006D2AE285257FC7_=

<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I was just wonder how most people mount
their vertical air compressors.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I've always left mine on the pallet
it was shipped on and that seem to work well. &nbsp;</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Today they delivered the new monster
compressor and it's huge. &nbsp;The pallet it's on is much larger then
what would be needed.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">is it better to mount them on wood for
free standing or is it better to bolt it down? &nbsp;FWIW, I'm putting
it on an asphalt floor (inside.) &nbsp;But I can pour concrete if a pad
is better.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">It just seems to me that having the
wood helps absorbed vibrations.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">What's the 'correct' answer, and what
is best practices?</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
TIA!!!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 006D2AE285257FC7_=--

--===============5340597883725006576==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5340597883725006576==--