Subject: [Shop-talk] fiberglass help - OT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 16:16:03 -0400

--===============6846885879690444988==
	boundary="----=_Part_84527_1864134018.1462306563440"

------=_Part_84527_1864134018.1462306563440
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

OK Guys...this is a bit off topic...
I need someone who is more than conversant with fiberglass construction, especially the construction and use of molds for fiberglass production. This can be for cars, boats, planes or whatever. If you have some experience/knowledge in this area, can explain it to someone who has no clue and be able to discuss this with an attorney, lemme know.

I love the smell of fiberglass resin in the morning...
Nick in Nor Cal
------=_Part_84527_1864134018.1462306563440
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="font-size:14pt;font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;color:black;">OK Guys...this is a bit off topic...<br>I need someone who is more than 
conversant with fiberglass construction, especially the construction and
 use of molds for fiberglass production. This can be for cars, boats, 
planes or whatever. If you have some experience/knowledge in this area, 
can explain it to someone who has no clue and be able to discuss this 
with an attorney, lemme know.<br><br>I love the smell of fiberglass resin in the morning...<br>Nick in Nor Cal</div>
------=_Part_84527_1864134018.1462306563440--

--===============6846885879690444988==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6846885879690444988==--

---

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 13:10:04 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5324128632213442335==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0086_01D1B03D.71CB5660"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0086_01D1B03D.71CB5660
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

What are you trying to make?  The expertise/advice you need will vary =
with your goals.

=20

It sounds like you want to make molds as opposed to using the more =
familiar mold-less construction.  This will likely lead to concerns =
around the amount of resin used [to control costs], the amount left in =
the part [to control weight], whether to use fiberglass cloth or matt =
[cost and manufacturing method differences], and how to control each.  =
Most likely you would want to consider buying or making a vacuum system =
to control the resin, yes?

=20

So the starting consideration is knowing =E2=80=93 what are you trying  =
to make?

=20

Al Fuller

'65 A-H BJ-8
'85 Rx-7 GSL-SE

=20

From: Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] fiberglass help - OT

=20

OK Guys...this is a bit off topic...
I need someone who is more than conversant with fiberglass construction, =
especially the construction and use of molds for fiberglass production. =
This can be for cars, boats, planes or whatever. If you have some =
experience/knowledge in this area, can explain it to someone who has no =
clue and be able to discuss this with an attorney, lemme know.

------=_NextPart_000_0086_01D1B03D.71CB5660
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>What are you trying to make?=C2=A0 The expertise/advice you need will =
vary with your goals.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>It sounds like you want to make molds as opposed to using the more =
familiar mold-less construction.=C2=A0 This will likely lead to concerns =
around the amount of resin used [to control costs], the amount left in =
the part [to control weight], whether to use fiberglass cloth or matt =
[cost and manufacturing method differences], and how to control =
each.=C2=A0 Most likely you would want to consider buying or making a =
vacuum system to control the resin, yes?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>So the starting consideration is knowing =E2=80=93 what are you =
trying=C2=A0 to make?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
lang=3DEN-CA =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>=
Al Fuller<o:p></o:p></span></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-CA =
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'>=
<br>'65 A-H BJ-8<br>'85 Rx-7 GSL-SE<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:16 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Shop-talk] =
fiberglass help - OT<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:black'>OK =
Guys...this is a bit off topic...<br>I need someone who is more than =
conversant with fiberglass construction, especially the construction and =
use of molds for fiberglass production. This can be for cars, boats, =
planes or whatever. If you have some experience/knowledge in this area, =
can explain it to someone who has no clue and be able to discuss this =
with an attorney, lemme know.<br><br>I love the smell of fiberglass =
resin in the morning...<br>Nick in Nor =
Cal<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0086_01D1B03D.71CB5660--

--===============5324128632213442335==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5324128632213442335==--