Subject: [Shop-talk] filling a floor jack

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 23:51:04 +0000

--===============7283276401185680448==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM3PR13MB0538891A85B6C52E32557D2DB4410DM3PR13MB0538namp_"

--_000_DM3PR13MB0538891A85B6C52E32557D2DB4410DM3PR13MB0538namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have a Sears 3 ton floor jack that leaks. I've not yet really looked for =
a rebuild kit but am hopeful I can find one.

My dilemma is how does one go about filling the hydraulic fluid on a floor =
jack? I lifted the arm all the way up, opened up the fill hole but was only=
 able to put a little bit of fluid in before it was full. It was far from e=
nough to even lift the Datsun much less myy three ton Jeep.

Thoughts?

Thanks

tim

--_000_DM3PR13MB0538891A85B6C52E32557D2DB4410DM3PR13MB0538namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt; color:#000000; ba=
ckground-color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
<p>I have a Sears 3 ton floor jack that leaks. I've not yet really looked f=
or a rebuild kit but am hopeful I can find one.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>My dilemma is how does one go about filling the hydraulic fluid on a flo=
or jack? I lifted the arm all the way up, opened up the fill hole but was o=
nly able to put a little bit of fluid in before it was full. It was far fro=
m enough to even lift the Datsun
 much less myy three ton Jeep.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Thoughts?</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>tim</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM3PR13MB0538891A85B6C52E32557D2DB4410DM3PR13MB0538namp_--

--===============7283276401185680448==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7283276401185680448==--