Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Classic car insurance tangents...a follow up

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 14:43:32 -0400

--===============8023268901308715473==
	boundary="=====================_4653509==.ALT"

--=====================_4653509==.ALT

At 11:19 AM 4/29/2016, you wrote:

 >Second, a knock on grundy: I looked into them when I got my Dad's Roadster.
 >At that time both of my daughters were in high school; one of which had her
 >license, and the wife and I both had clean driving records. Well, because my
 >daughter didn't have her own car, grundy denied me coverage stating 
"the teen
 >driver might take the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have 
her own car".
 >(<-----this is almost verbatim) It didn't matter that the child 
didn't know how to
 >drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't allowed to drive it. I 
have good kids
 >and it would never have been an issue when they were still at home.

That's not just Grundy.  I ran into that with JC Taylor, so I left my 
Morgan titled
in my father's name.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--=====================_4653509==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3>At 11:19 AM 4/29/2016, you wrote:<br><br>
&gt;Second, a knock on grundy: I looked into them when I got my Dad's
Roadster. <br>
&gt;At that time both of my daughters were in high school; one of which
had her <br>
&gt;license, and the wife and I both had clean driving records. Well,
because my <br>
&gt;daughter didn't have her own car, grundy denied me coverage stating
&quot;the teen <br>
&gt;driver might take the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have
her own car&quot;. <br>
&gt;(&lt;-----this is almost verbatim) It didn't matter that the child
didn't know how to <br>
&gt;drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't allowed to drive it. I
have good kids <br>
&gt;and it would never have been an issue when they were still at home.
<br><br>
That's not just Grundy.&nbsp; I ran into that with JC Taylor, so I left
my Morgan titled<br>
in my father's name.&nbsp; <br><br>
John<br><br>
</font><br />
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #aaabb6;">
	<tr>
        <td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon" target="_blank"><img src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/2016/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-v1.png" /></a></td>
		<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 15px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avast.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table></body>
<br>
<div>John T. Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp;
[email-masked]</div>
<div>Va. Beach,
Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Phone:&nbsp; (757) 495-8229</div>
<br>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48
TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Morgan 4/4
Series V (B1106)</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett III</div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
65 Rambler Classic</div>
<br>
<div>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.team.net/www/morgan" EUDORA=AUTOURL>
www.team.net/www/morgan</a></div>
<div>Bricklin:&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.bricklin.org/" EUDORA=AUTOURL>www.bricklin.org</a>
</div>
<br>
<div>If you can read
this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
- Thank a teacher!</div>
<div>If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</div>
<br>
<div> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e pluribus Unum, &quot;from many,
one.&quot;</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In God We Trust</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Liberty - the&nbsp; power&nbsp; of&nbsp;
choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp; and&nbsp; acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; </div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
oneself; freedom&nbsp; from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp;
restriction&nbsp; </div>
<br>
<br>
</html>

--=====================_4653509==.ALT--

--===============8023268901308715473==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8023268901308715473==--

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 09:31:48 -0400

--===============2497529899935315846==

--047d7b3a9b4ce909a90531c7e555

>
> >It didn't matter that the child didn't know how to
> >drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't allowed to drive it. I have
> good kids
And pretty much every insurance company ever.  I trust that you have good
kids, but I'm not going to stake my financial future on it.  Neither will
the insurance company.

If there's a teen with a driver's license in the house, then they have to
have a regular car, or they become a potential driver for your car.  Even
with standard insurance for regular cars, you must assign one to the teen
driver, so that the appropriate charge may be made.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

--047d7b3a9b4ce909a90531c7e555
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><br><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quo=
te"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-lef=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><font size=3D"3"><br><br>&gt;It did=
n&#39;t matter that the child
didn&#39;t know how to <br>
&gt;drive a manual or that fact that she wasn&#39;t allowed to drive it. I
have good kids <br>
&gt;and it would never have been an issue when they were still at home.
<br><br>
That&#39;s not just Grundy.=C2=A0 I ran into that with JC Taylor, so I left
my Morgan titled<br>
in my father&#39;s name.=C2=A0 </font></div><div><font size=3D"3"><br></fon=
t></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>And pretty much every insurance co=
mpany ever.=C2=A0 I trust that you have good kids, but I&#39;m not going to=
 stake my financial future on it.=C2=A0 Neither will the insurance company.=
</div><div><br></div><div>If there&#39;s a teen with a driver&#39;s license=
 in the house, then they have to have a regular car, or they become a poten=
tial driver for your car.=C2=A0 Even with standard insurance for regular ca=
rs, you must assign one to the teen driver, so that the appropriate charge =
may be made. =C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>Jeff Scarbrough</div><div>Corr=
osion Acres, Ga.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div></div>

--047d7b3a9b4ce909a90531c7e555--

--===============2497529899935315846==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2497529899935315846==--

---

From: Larry Spector <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 18:24:04 -0400

--===============2803943240875547078==

--001a11394e6c68e8560531cf5530

I was able to minimize the pain from this by putting my two fun cars on
"lay-up storage" for the winter. Basically, I tell the agent that the cars
are off the road for at least a 90 day interval which lets me assign my
teen driver as a part-time driver on one of the other cars. Without this,
they wanted to make him primary driver on my Integra-R, which was not good
for rates...

-Larry

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a11394e6c68e8560531cf5530
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I was able to minimize the pain from this by putting my tw=
o fun cars on &quot;lay-up storage&quot; for the winter. Basically, I tell =
the agent that the cars are off the road for at least a 90 day interval whi=
ch lets me assign my teen driver as a part-time driver on one of the other =
cars. Without this, they wanted to make him primary driver on my Integra-R,=
 which was not good for rates...<div><br></div><div>-Larry=C2=A0</div></div=
><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, May 1, 2=
016 at 9:31 AM, Jeff Scarbrough <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fis=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-l=
eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><br><div class=3D"gma=
il_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" =
style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><di=
v><font size=3D"3"><br><br>&gt;It didn&#39;t matter that the child
didn&#39;t know how to <br>
&gt;drive a manual or that fact that she wasn&#39;t allowed to drive it. I
have good kids <br>
&gt;and it would never have been an issue when they were still at home.
<br><br>
That&#39;s not just Grundy.=C2=A0 I ran into that with JC Taylor, so I left
my Morgan titled<br>
in my father&#39;s name.=C2=A0 </font></div><div><font size=3D"3"><br></fon=
t></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>And pretty much every insurance co=
mpany ever.=C2=A0 I trust that you have good kids, but I&#39;m not going to=
 stake my financial future on it.=C2=A0 Neither will the insurance company.=
</div><div><br></div><div>If there&#39;s a teen with a driver&#39;s license=
 in the house, then they have to have a regular car, or they become a poten=
tial driver for your car.=C2=A0 Even with standard insurance for regular ca=
rs, you must assign one to the teen driver, so that the appropriate charge =
may be made. =C2=A0</div><span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888"><di=
v><br></div><div>Jeff Scarbrough</div><div>Corrosion Acres, Ga.</div><div><=
br></div><div><br></div></font></span></div></div></div>
<br>_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a11394e6c68e8560531cf5530--

--===============2803943240875547078==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2803943240875547078==--