Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Classic car insurance tangents...a follow up

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:19:54 +0000

--===============5409769082866097323==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM3PR13MB0538A13DC9F7D14FE98640DEB4660DM3PR13MB0538namp_"

--_000_DM3PR13MB0538A13DC9F7D14FE98640DEB4660DM3PR13MB0538namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi all,

I thought I would post a follow up since good customer service has become t=
he exception not the rule in this day and age.

As I had said a while back, the Phoenix Insurance company recommended by a =
Roadster owner said they don't write in WI. But the guy I dealt with at tha=
t company recommended Berkeley Classic Insurance. I did their online quote =
process for both the Roadster and Jeep, got great quotes for the values tha=
t I picked and then filled out the application.  The application was quickl=
y accepted and I now have an agreed upon amount of coverage for both vehicl=
es for under $300 annually. I've not yet read the fine print but so far the=
 whole process has been great.

Hagerty and Grundy can get stuffed

tim

________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of Tim . <tims=
[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:03 PM
To: Shop Talk
Subject: [Shop-talk] Classic car insurance tangents

I didn't want to hijack the original thread.....

First a question: How was your vehicle's value decided? I am especially int=
erested in hearing from the Datsun Roadster guys (and any of you who might =
have a FSJ; Full Size Jeep). A local Roadster owner was rear ended last yea=
r. It was a very slow hit but the repair estimate was well over what his co=
verage was. He has either grundy or hagerty. I do not remember.

I am ready to switch the Jeep (71 Gladiator fully restored and lifted, etc =
etc.) and my 70 Roadster to classic insurance but want to make sure they ar=
e insured for what it would cost to fix them if the worst happened.

Second, a knock on grundy: I looked into them when I got my Dad's Roadster.=
 At that time both of my daughters were in high school; one of which had he=
r license, and the wife and I both had clean driving records. Well, because=
 my daughter didn't have her own car, grundy denied me coverage stating "th=
e teen driver might take the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have h=
er own car". (<-----this is almost verbatim) It didn't matter that the chil=
d didn't know how to drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't allowed to=
 drive it. I have good kids and it would never have been an issue when they=
 were still at home.

so, take the grundy feedback any way you want. I was not happy with how I w=
as treated.

I hope to hear about the first bit from any and all of you.

Thanks

tim

--_000_DM3PR13MB0538A13DC9F7D14FE98640DEB4660DM3PR13MB0538namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;back=
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<p>Hi all,&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I thought I would post a follow up since good customer service has becom=
e the exception not the rule in this day and age.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>As I had said a while back, the Phoenix Insurance company recommended by=
 a Roadster owner said they don't write in WI. But the guy I dealt with at =
that company recommended Berkeley Classic Insurance. I did their online quo=
te&nbsp;process for both the Roadster
 and Jeep, got great quotes for the values that&nbsp;I picked&nbsp;and then=
 filled out the application. &nbsp;The application was quickly&nbsp;accepte=
d and I now have an agreed upon amount of coverage for both vehicles for un=
der $300 annually. I've not yet read the fine print
 but so far the whole process has been great.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Hagerty and Grundy can get stuffed</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>tim</p>
<br>
<br>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" co=
lor=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;shop-ta=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Tim . &lt;tims_datsun_stuff@outl=
ook.com&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:03 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Shop Talk<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Shop-talk] Classic car insurance tangents</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt; color:#000000; ba=
ckground-color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
<p>I didn't want to hijack the original thread.....</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>First a question: How was your vehicle's value decided? I am especially =
interested in hearing from the Datsun Roadster guys (and any of you who mig=
ht have a FSJ; Full Size Jeep). A local Roadster owner was rear ended last =
year. It was a very slow hit but
 the repair estimate was well over what his coverage was. He has either gru=
ndy or hagerty. I do not remember.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I am ready to switch the Jeep (71 Gladiator fully restored and lifted, e=
tc etc.) and my 70 Roadster to classic insurance but want to make sure they=
 are insured for what it would cost to fix them if the worst happened.&nbsp=
;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Second, a knock on grundy: I looked into them when I got my Dad's Roadst=
er. At that time both of my daughters were in high school; one of which had=
 her license, and the wife and I both had clean driving records. Well, beca=
use my daughter didn't have her
 own car, grundy denied me coverage stating &quot;the teen driver might tak=
e the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have her own car&quot;. (&lt;=
-----this is almost verbatim)&nbsp;It didn't matter that the child didn't k=
now how to drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't&nbsp;allowed
 to drive it. I have good kids and it would never have been an issue when t=
hey were still at home.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>so, take the grundy feedback any way you want. I was not happy with how =
I was treated.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I hope to hear about the first bit from any and all of you.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>tim</p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM3PR13MB0538A13DC9F7D14FE98640DEB4660DM3PR13MB0538namp_--

--===============5409769082866097323==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5409769082866097323==--