Subject: [Shop-talk] Fuel Injector Cleaners

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:14:25 -0400

Hey gang,

I went to get my car, a '06 Scion xB /w 54,000 mi, state inspected on 
Sat.  When it was done, they suggested that I have the fuel injectors 
"cleaned".
Only $150!

My question to the group, is do you all have this done?  All I've seen on
shows like 60 min, is that the shops were telling people to have it done, and
then charging the customer, but not doing the work.

Are any of the in the bottle cleaners any good?

Is this a good as the "shop cleaning"?  I assume that they don't take 
the injectors off the engine, so really all they're doing is pumping 
a chemical through the system.  Maybe a little better than mixing 
with the fuel and
running it through the system.

If you recommend a cleaner in the bottle, which ones and how often?

Or is all this really snake oil?

TIA

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive