Subject: [Shop-talk] Jeepers Creepers....

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 14:33:49 -0500

--===============1213372102943134696==

--047d7bd91c8a94de05052d524f3c

...I need a new creeper!

I'm been spending time under my motorhome and have a lot more to do so I'm
looking for a better creeper.

Anyone have some real world experience using a creeper that they like?

Thanks!

Brad

--047d7bd91c8a94de05052d524f3c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">...I need a new creeper!<div><br></div><div>I&#39;m been s=
pending time under my motorhome and have a lot more to do so I&#39;m lookin=
g for a better creeper.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyone have some real worl=
d experience using a creeper that they like?</div><div><br></div><div>Thank=
s!</div><div><br></div><div>Brad</div><div><br></div></div>

--047d7bd91c8a94de05052d524f3c--

--===============1213372102943134696==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1213372102943134696==--

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 19:05:47 -0500

--===============4186567339865238535==

--001a11442b8e35d490052d561c1d

Doug and Karl, the Harbor Freight one is definitely the cheapest option out
there.  I did some browsing and for the most part it seems to be reasonably
well liked.  Next weekend I'll have to run up to the HF store in Lexington
and check it out.  Thanks!

Bill, that is definitely a unique creeper!  Unfortunately for the work I'm
currently doing it won't really work well.  I'm working under my motorhome
and literally have to roll from side to side and front to back.  I'm
painting the entire chassis and have removed everything underneath
including the front suspension saddle.  It's a total rebuild from the
ground up.  I do like that magic creeper though and may buy it for future
use.

Thanks!

Brad

--001a11442b8e35d490052d561c1d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12.8px">Doug and=
 Karl, the Harbor Freight one is definitely the cheapest option out there.=
=C2=A0 I did some browsing and for the most part it seems to be reasonably =
well liked.=C2=A0 Next weekend I&#39;ll have to run up to the HF store in L=
exington and check it out.=C2=A0 Thanks!</span><div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,=
0);font-size:12.8px"><br></div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12.=
8px">Bill, that is definitely a unique creeper!=C2=A0 Unfortunately for the=
 work I&#39;m currently doing it won&#39;t really work well.=C2=A0 I&#39;m =
working under my motorhome and literally have to roll from side to side and=
 front to back.=C2=A0 I&#39;m painting the entire chassis and have removed =
everything underneath including the front suspension saddle.=C2=A0 It&#39;s=
 a total rebuild from the ground up.=C2=A0 I do like that magic creeper tho=
ugh and may buy it for future use.</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font=
-size:12.8px"><br></div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12.8px">Th=
anks!</div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12.8px"><br></div><div =
style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12.8px">Brad</div></div>

--001a11442b8e35d490052d561c1d--

--===============4186567339865238535==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4186567339865238535==--

---

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 15:12:27 -0800

> I have one, though not HF but I believe it's the same.  It's ok but I
> still prefer the metal frame ones.  The plastic ones are comfortable
> enough and trays are are nice feature but they flex too much and can
> bottom out if you sit on it rather than lay on it.

I have one of these, and it works well on the occasions I have to use it:

http://www.harborfreight.com/250-lb-capacity-heavy-duty-creeper-with-adjustable-headrest-61895.html

Though I have a lift, so it's generally when I'm working on something on 
jackstands in the driveway because it won't fit the lift or something's 
immobilized up there.

I'm sure there's thinner ones, and definitely lighter ones, but this
one's pretty comfy, rolls easily, doesn't get in the way.  I made a
bracket to hang it on the wall when not in use.

John.

[email-masked]