Subject: [Shop-talk] let's talk plumbing while I freak out

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 04:30:19 +0000

--===============4608241240457236080==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CY1PR13MB05037E11FD4536D625D21DDCB4D30CY1PR13MB0503namp_"

--_000_CY1PR13MB05037E11FD4536D625D21DDCB4D30CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This house we bought (1905 craftsman) has a "modern" full bathroom on the l=
ower level.

The shower stall has a dual knob fixture......not sure if I am correct on t=
his description. I just noticed a drip drip.

I am fairly certain the cold water tap is now leaking--not the hot I hope. =
I think I know how to pull the valve. If I pull this valve will I be able t=
o find an "over the counter" replacement? Will a hardware store know how to=
 ID it? (I am totally clueless on plumbing issues and will admit that plumb=
ers are not over paid mainly because I cannot get to most of my fixtures as=
 I am too wide in the shoulders.)

Our water/sewer bills are close to $100 a month so I need to fix this leak =
yesterday.

Thanks for all feedback!
tim

--_000_CY1PR13MB05037E11FD4536D625D21DDCB4D30CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;back=
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<div><br>
</div>
<div><span>This house we bought (1905 craftsman)&nbsp;has a &quot;modern&qu=
ot; full bathroom on the lower level. &nbsp;</span><br>
</div>
<div><span><br>
</span></div>
<div><span>The shower stall has a dual knob fixture......not sure if I am c=
orrect on this description. I just noticed a drip drip.&nbsp;</span></div>
<div><span><br>
</span></div>
<div><span>I am fairly certain the cold water tap is now leaking--not the h=
ot I hope. I think I know how to pull the valve.&nbsp;If I pull this valve =
will I be able to find an &quot;over the counter&quot;&nbsp;replacement? Wi=
ll a hardware store know how to ID it? (I am totally
 clueless on plumbing issues and will admit that plumbers are not over paid=
 mainly because I cannot get&nbsp;to most of my fixtures as I am too wide i=
n the shoulders.)</span></div>
<div><span><br>
</span></div>
<div><span>Our water/sewer bills are close to $100 a month so I need to fix=
 this leak yesterday.&nbsp;</span></div>
<div><span><br>
</span></div>
<div><span>Thanks for all feedback!</span></div>
<div><span>tim</span></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CY1PR13MB05037E11FD4536D625D21DDCB4D30CY1PR13MB0503namp_--

--===============4608241240457236080==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4608241240457236080==--