Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Vacuums

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:38:51 -0800

Steve - I don't like noise either.  If your central vac doesn't exhaust 
to outside, consider routing the exhaust outside.  That takes much of 
the noise away.  You can also buy or make a muffler for the exhaust on 
many central or shop vacs.  Search "shop vac muffler" or "central vac 
muffler".

Brian

On 2/18/2016 12:30 PM, Steven Trovato wrote:
> Eric,
>
> ...  My biggest complaint with the central vac
> unit is that it is very loud in the garage.  This may be OK, depending
> on how much you will be using it and how sensitive you are to such
> things.
>
> -Steve
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:36:51 -0500

It does exhaust outside and there is a muffler.  The noise I hear 
inside the garage is from the unit itself, not the exhaust.  I think 
thirty years ago they didn't do much to reduce noise.  Perhaps the 
new ones are better.

-Steve

At 07:38 PM 2/18/2016, Brian Kemp wrote:
>Steve - I don't like noise either.  If your central vac doesn't 
>exhaust to outside, consider routing the exhaust outside.  That 
>takes much of the noise away.  You can also buy or make a muffler 
>for the exhaust on many central or shop vacs.  Search "shop vac 
>muffler" or "central vac muffler".
>
>Brian

[email-masked]