Subject: [Shop-talk] 2006 Ford Focus alarm

From: "Peter J. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 15:37:20 -0500

My daughter just picked up a used Ford Focus.  It only came with one 
key, no fob.  Everytime she unlocks the door with the key the alarm 
sounds until she inserts the key into the ignition and turn the car on.  
The fix is to go to a Ford dealer and get new key(s) and a fob(s) to 
disarm the alarm, but not cheap. But she's a recent college grad and 
only works part time in retail until she goes to grad school. There is 
no owners manual and I can't find anything on the web to disable the 
alarm.  Any know how to do this on a budget? Only thing I can think of 
is to disable the horn.

Thanks,

Peter Thomas
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Todd Walke <[email-masked]> BlargAV v1.1 on localhost.scooter.p.blarg.net
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:28:19 -0800

If you need additional keys, my understanding is that some locksmiths can 
cut new keys and program the car to accept them as well at way less than 
the dealer charges.

	As for the fob, you can get a new fob on eBay cheap.  I did a quick search 
for "2006 focus fob".  Select "US only" to exclude the ones from China and 
Hong Kong.
	Many are new, but at <$10 I assume they're Chinesium crap sold by US 
sellers.  I'd probably select "used" in the hope of finding a genuine Ford 
product.

	Programming the car to accept the remote looks easy, no scan tool 
required.  Here are instructions, confirmed on multiple sites.

1. Turn the ignition from "Off" to "Run" four times in six seconds. Key 
stops in "Run" position on fourth cycle.

2. Turn the ignition to "Off." The car will chime to confirm that you've 
done everything correctly so far. Key is still in ignition.

3. Press any key on the first remote you're programming. Perform this 
within 20 seconds of Step 2. The car will chime to confirm programming.

4. Repeat Step 3 with each additional remote*, all within the 20 seconds. 
Remove key from ignition.

*The remotes should be inside the vehicle during the procedure (eg. all on 
front seat.)

Source: 
<http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/general-technical-chat/158101-key-fob-programming-how.html>

	The Focus Fanatic Forum has a classified section, probably could find a 
genuine part there.
FordParts.com shows a new one for $50 or so.

Todd

[email-masked]