Subject: [Shop-talk] Classic car insurance tangents

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:03:50 +0000

--===============0770554870103406006==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CY1PR13MB050362EB8DFAEAB92B72F458B4DA0CY1PR13MB0503namp_"

--_000_CY1PR13MB050362EB8DFAEAB92B72F458B4DA0CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I didn't want to hijack the original thread.....

First a question: How was your vehicle's value decided? I am especially int=
erested in hearing from the Datsun Roadster guys (and any of you who might =
have a FSJ; Full Size Jeep). A local Roadster owner was rear ended last yea=
r. It was a very slow hit but the repair estimate was well over what his co=
verage was. He has either grundy or hagerty. I do not remember.

I am ready to switch the Jeep (71 Gladiator fully restored and lifted, etc =
etc.) and my 70 Roadster to classic insurance but want to make sure they ar=
e insured for what it would cost to fix them if the worst happened.

Second, a knock on grundy: I looked into them when I got my Dad's Roadster.=
 At that time both of my daughters were in high school; one of which had he=
r license, and the wife and I both had clean driving records. Well, because=
 my daughter didn't have her own car, grundy denied me coverage stating "th=
e teen driver might take the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have h=
er own car". (<-----this is almost verbatim) It didn't matter that the chil=
d didn't know how to drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't allowed to=
 drive it. I have good kids and it would never have been an issue when they=
 were still at home.

so, take the grundy feedback any way you want. I was not happy with how I w=
as treated.

I hope to hear about the first bit from any and all of you.

Thanks

tim

--_000_CY1PR13MB050362EB8DFAEAB92B72F458B4DA0CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;back=
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<p>I didn't want to hijack the original thread.....</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>First a question: How was your vehicle's value decided? I am especially =
interested in hearing from the Datsun Roadster guys (and any of you who mig=
ht have a FSJ; Full Size Jeep). A local Roadster owner was rear ended last =
year. It was a very slow hit but
 the repair estimate was well over what his coverage was. He has either gru=
ndy or hagerty. I do not remember.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I am ready to switch the Jeep (71 Gladiator fully restored and lifted, e=
tc etc.) and my 70 Roadster to classic insurance but want to make sure they=
 are insured for what it would cost to fix them if the worst happened.&nbsp=
;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Second, a knock on grundy: I looked into them when I got my Dad's Roadst=
er. At that time both of my daughters were in high school; one of which had=
 her license, and the wife and I both had clean driving records. Well, beca=
use my daughter didn't have her
 own car, grundy denied me coverage stating &quot;the teen driver might tak=
e the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have her own car&quot;. (&lt;=
-----this is almost verbatim)&nbsp;It didn't matter that the child didn't k=
now how to drive a manual or that fact that she wasn't&nbsp;allowed
 to drive it. I have good kids and it would never have been an issue when t=
hey were still at home.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>so, take the grundy feedback any way you want. I was not happy with how =
I was treated.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I hope to hear about the first bit from any and all of you.&nbsp;</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>tim</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CY1PR13MB050362EB8DFAEAB92B72F458B4DA0CY1PR13MB0503namp_--

--===============0770554870103406006==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0770554870103406006==--

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:32:07 -0500

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Tim . <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> First a question: How was your vehicle's value decided?

Hagerty has an agreed-on value, at least for me.

>  Well, because my
> daughter didn't have her own car, grundy denied me coverage stating "the
> teen driver might take the Roadster for a drive because she didn't have her
> own car". (<-----this is almost verbatim)

That's how you can get a classic car, agreed-on value policy for your
car at a fraction of what your regular car insurance would cost.
Because even though your kid is a good kid, someone else's isn't.  And
insurance is a pooled risk.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

[email-masked]