Subject: [Shop-talk] Air line adapters

From: Scott Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:17:35 -0600

--===============6802955199961161737==

--001a113d2424ce0d270529b591b2

Doing this again:

Setting up the garage here. I might bring some of the tools up here, but
most will stay at home. I'm buying everything from scratch.

So..."industrial" vs. "automotive"? I think I remember that one was
accepted as better than another, but I don't remember why, and I think the
differences were slight.

Let's tear the top off this can of worms again. Which should I tool up for?

--001a113d2424ce0d270529b591b2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Doing this again:<div><br></div><div>Setting up the garage=
 here. I might bring some of the tools up here, but most will stay at home.=
 I&#39;m buying everything from scratch.</div><div><br></div><div>So...&quo=
t;industrial&quot; vs. &quot;automotive&quot;? I think I remember that one =
was accepted as better than another, but I don&#39;t remember why, and I th=
ink the differences were slight.</div><div><br></div><div>Let&#39;s tear th=
e top off this can of worms again. Which should I tool up for?</div></div>

--001a113d2424ce0d270529b591b2--

--===============6802955199961161737==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6802955199961161737==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 17:16:39 -0800

> On another note, the cheap (HF) automotive connectors I have 
> seem to leak; do the industrial or non-HF ones hold air?

Is "automotive" the same thing as "Tru-Flate" ?
http://www.mcmaster.com/?m=true#6534kac/=10r8eum

I was set up with all industrial type, from what I thought was a good source (not HF).  After a few years of only occasional
service, they all leaked enough to be annoying.  So I switched to the "Tru-Flate" style from MMC about 10 years ago now, and I've
been happy with them.  One or two of the female couplers had a problem, but disassembling and cleaning the seal fixed the leak.

RANDALL

[email-masked]