Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] shipping international

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 20:19:44 -0500 01/06/2016 20:19:46, Serialize complete at 01/06/2016 20:19:46

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5809196217286055784==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0009ECE485257F33_=

First, STAY AWAY FROM "FREIGHT CENTER .COM"!!!!!!!  They will be all nice 
to you and quote you a cheap price.  Then, once it's delivered, they will 
hit you with all kinds of extra fees and charges.  I weight everything 
before it ships and they tried to tell my one of my pallets was over 
100LBS more than it really was!

Here is the best way to do it.  Call UPS Freight (I guess do this for 
Fedex as well.)  Tell them that you want to open a commercial account. 
Then tell them that you know you will get about a 65% discount on the 
rates.  It might take a few calls, but they will deeply discount their 
rates for freight shippers.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 

--=_alternative 0009ECE485257F33_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">First, STAY AWAY FROM &quot;FREIGHT CENTER
.COM&quot;!!!!!!! &nbsp;They will be all nice to you and quote you a cheap
price. &nbsp;Then, once it's delivered, they will hit you with all kinds
of extra fees and charges. &nbsp;I weight everything before it ships and
they tried to tell my one of my pallets was over 100LBS more than it really
was!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is the best way to do it. &nbsp;Call
UPS Freight (I guess do this for Fedex as well.) &nbsp;Tell them that you
want to open a commercial account. &nbsp;Then tell them that you know you
will get about a 65% discount on the rates. &nbsp;It might take a few calls,
but they will deeply discount their rates for freight shippers.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
<br>
--=_alternative 0009ECE485257F33_=--

--===============5809196217286055784==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5809196217286055784==--

---

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 23:35:08 +0000

--===============5885610179538862854==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CY1PR13MB05039C0AB032CF7CD5765CA1B4F60CY1PR13MB0503namp_"

--_000_CY1PR13MB05039C0AB032CF7CD5765CA1B4F60CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks for the couple good pieces of information I received!

________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of Tim . <tims=
[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:29 PM
To: Shop Talk
Subject: [Shop-talk] shipping international

Does anyone have any experience using or a recommendation for a what was re=
ferred to as a "freight forwarder" by a guy in Australia to whom I need to =
ship some parts? I guess their dollar is down against the US dollar so am t=
rying to help him save on shipping (and keep him buying parts!).

I can do a google search but prefer to go by others' recommendations.

thanks

tim

--_000_CY1PR13MB05039C0AB032CF7CD5765CA1B4F60CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;back=
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<p>Thanks for the couple good pieces of information I received!&nbsp;</p>
<br>
<br>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" co=
lor=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;shop-ta=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Tim . &lt;tims_datsun_stuff@outl=
ook.com&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:29 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Shop Talk<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Shop-talk] shipping international</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt; color:#000000; ba=
ckground-color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
<p>Does anyone have any experience using or a recommendation for a what was=
 referred to as a &quot;<span style=3D"font-size:15px">freight forwarder&qu=
ot; by a guy in Australia to whom I need to ship some parts? I guess their =
dollar is down against the US dollar so am trying
 to help him save on shipping (and keep him buying parts!).</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size:15px"><br>
</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size:15px">I can do a google search but prefer to go=
 by others' recommendations.&nbsp;</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size:15px"><br>
</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size:15px">thanks</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size:15px">tim</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size:15px"><br>
</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size:15px"><br>
</span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CY1PR13MB05039C0AB032CF7CD5765CA1B4F60CY1PR13MB0503namp_--

--===============5885610179538862854==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5885610179538862854==--