Subject: [Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:57:17 -0500 01/31/2016 14:58:35, Serialize complete at 01/31/2016 14:58:35

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============8602489393394599598==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 00705EF185257F4B_=

OK, I need some help trying to buy a new household vacuum.  I have a 2 
floor house, carpets on the top floor, hardwood, area rugs,  and linelomun 
on the first floor. (two units isn't out of the question)

I don't mind vacuuming if I have a good unit.  In the past, I even tried a 
commercial backpack mounted one, but it was poorly designed (and VERY 
expensive.)

I don't mind if it's heavy, I just want to make sure that it has a quick 
wand to pull out and get corners and such.  On board tools is a must, BUT 
they have to be out of the way.

My current dust devil constantly has the tools falling out or in the way.

I don't need HEPA filters or anything (but I did love the Rainbow vacuum 
that used water as the filter.  I just wish they had a 'messenger bag' 
style canister unit.)

I prefer upright. and I don't want to have to replace bags.  I have no 
problem cleaning a reusable filter.

I'm even thinking 'whole house unit', but the installation might take a 
while I need something in the meantime. 8>(

Price isn't a factor FOR A GREAT UNIT.  I don't like 'stick' or 
'rechargeable' models.

With that said, anyone have any suggests?

OB SHOP CONTENT- If I get a new vacuum, I'll take apart this one and build 
something stupid with it! 8>)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 00705EF185257F4B_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">OK, I need some help trying to buy a new
household vacuum. &nbsp;I have a 2 floor house, carpets on the top floor,
hardwood, area rugs, &nbsp;and linelomun on the first floor. (two units
isn't out of the question)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I don't mind vacuuming if I have a good
unit. &nbsp;In the past, I even tried a commercial backpack mounted one,
but it was poorly designed (and VERY expensive.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I don't mind if it's heavy, I just want
to make sure that it has a quick wand to pull out and get corners and such.
&nbsp;On board tools is a must, BUT they have to be out of the way.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">My current dust devil constantly has
the tools falling out or in the way.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I don't need HEPA filters or anything
(but I did love the Rainbow vacuum that used water as the filter. &nbsp;I
just wish they had a 'messenger bag' style canister unit.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I prefer upright. and I don't want to
have to replace bags. &nbsp;I have no problem cleaning a reusable filter.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I'm even thinking 'whole house unit',
but the installation might take a while I need something in the meantime.
8&gt;(</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Price isn't a factor FOR A GREAT UNIT.
&nbsp;I don't like 'stick' or 'rechargeable' models.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">With that said, anyone have any suggests?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">OB SHOP CONTENT- If I get a new vacuum,
I'll take apart this one and build something stupid with it! 8&gt;)</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 00705EF185257F4B_=--

--===============8602489393394599598==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8602489393394599598==--

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:44:46 -0500

--===============6187268473915749791==

--001a11418fd2348383052aac5eca

Regarding built-in systems:
My brother has a built-in vacuum system, and he says it is more trouble
than it is worth:  the hose is really long, and it is more hassle to drag
from room to room than a regular vacuum cleaner.

--001a11418fd2348383052aac5eca
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Regarding built-in systems:<br>My brother has a built-in v=
acuum system, and he says it is more trouble=20
than it is worth:=C2=A0 the hose is really long, and it is more hassle
 to drag from room to room than a regular vacuum cleaner.<div class=3D"gmai=
l_extra"><br><br></div></div>

--001a11418fd2348383052aac5eca--

--===============6187268473915749791==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6187268473915749791==--

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 04:22:07 GMT

--===============3319751685930300695==

----__JWM__J3303a978.29ea4dd0S.2c594aadM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

 I had a central vac in a previous house - I think it was beam.Worked gr=
eat and yes the hose was quite long - didn't have the sweep port but I s=
ure wanted one!That was years ago though. When my wife's sister passed a=
way we got her Kirby - I love that thing!  It is a Cadillac with the dri=
ve but no onboard tools with this model.  Nut if you have lots of plain =
floor to vac - this is the device. The wife doesn't like it because it i=
s so heavy.  Her tool of choice is a Hoover wind tunnel that works well,=
 has neat onboard tools, is bagless and relatively easy to dump/clean, a=
nd didn't break the bank.  I recently used my mom's Dyson and it worked =
well.  I was particularly pleased with the integral pull out hose in the=
 handle but no way would I pay the crazy price for a new one.  MATT   =

---------- Original Message ----------
From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 18:36:57 -0800

On 1/31/2016 6:21 PM, Bob Kegel wrote:
> We have a Dyson DC07 and are very happy with it. It&#65533;s a 2003 mo=
del and
> still sucks like new. It rarely clogs, and when it does, can be easily=

> cleared without tools.  The crevice tool, brush, and upholstery tool
> don&#65533;t come adrift. The cord is really long, enough to do three =
rooms
> from the same outlet.

The main sucking unit has been great.  The collection bin capacity is =

not industrial-dust-collector sized, so you need to empty it roughly =

monthly.

John.

----__JWM__J3303a978.29ea4dd0S.2c594aadM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div>&nbsp;I had a central vac in a previous house - I think it wa=
s beam.</div>
<div>Worked great and yes the hose was quite long - didn't have the swee=
p port but I sure wanted one!</div>
<div>That was years ago though.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>When my wife's sister passed away we got her Kirby - I love that th=
ing! &nbsp;It is a Cadillac with the drive but no onboard tools with thi=
s model. &nbsp;Nut if you have lots of plain floor to vac - this is the =
device.&nbsp;The wife doesn't like it because it is so heavy. &nbsp;Her =
tool of choice is a Hoover wind tunnel that works well, has neat onboard=
 tools, is bagless and relatively easy to dump/clean, and didn't break t=
he bank.&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I recently used my mom's Dyson and it worked well. &nbsp;I was part=
icularly pleased with the integral pull out hose in the handle but no wa=
y would I pay the crazy price for a new one.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;MATT</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><br><br>---------- Original Message ----------<br>From: John Miller=
 &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Subject: R=
e: [Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!<br>Date: Sun, =
31 Jan 2016 18:36:57 -0800<br><br>On 1/31/2016 6:21 PM, Bob Kegel wrote:=
<br>&gt; We have a Dyson DC07 and are very happy with it. It&#65533;s a =
2003 model and<br>&gt; still sucks like new. It rarely clogs, and when i=
t does, can be easily<br>&gt; cleared without tools. &nbsp;The crevice t=
ool, brush, and upholstery tool<br>&gt; don&#65533;t come adrift. The co=
rd is really long, enough to do three rooms<br>&gt; from the same outlet=
.<br><br><br>The main sucking unit has been great. &nbsp;The collection =
bin capacity is <br>not industrial-dust-collector sized, so you need to =
empty it roughly <br>monthly.<br><br><br>John.</p></html>

----__JWM__J3303a978.29ea4dd0S.2c594aadM--

--===============3319751685930300695==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3319751685930300695==--