Subject: [Shop-talk] shipping international

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 00:29:20 +0000

--===============3947807084716832599==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CY1PR13MB050325E03D7327D6E5613FC0B4F50CY1PR13MB0503namp_"

--_000_CY1PR13MB050325E03D7327D6E5613FC0B4F50CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Does anyone have any experience using or a recommendation for a what was re=
ferred to as a "freight forwarder" by a guy in Australia to whom I need to =
ship some parts? I guess their dollar is down against the US dollar so am t=
rying to help him save on shipping (and keep him buying parts!).

I can do a google search but prefer to go by others' recommendations.

thanks

tim

--_000_CY1PR13MB050325E03D7327D6E5613FC0B4F50CY1PR13MB0503namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt; color:#000000; ba=
ckground-color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
<p>Does anyone have any experience using or a recommendation for a what was=
 referred to as a &quot;<span style=3D"font-size: 15px;">freight forwarder&=
quot; by a guy in Australia to whom I need to ship some parts? I guess thei=
r dollar is down against the US dollar so am
 trying to help him save on shipping (and keep him buying parts!).</span></=
p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size: 15px;"><br>
</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size: 15px;">I can do a google search but prefer to =
go by others' recommendations.&nbsp;</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size: 15px;"><br>
</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size: 15px;">thanks</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size: 15px;">tim</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size: 15px;"><br>
</span></p>
<p><span style=3D"font-size: 15px;"><br>
</span></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CY1PR13MB050325E03D7327D6E5613FC0B4F50CY1PR13MB0503namp_--

--===============3947807084716832599==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3947807084716832599==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 18:17:47 -0800

> Does anyone have any experience using or a recommendation for 
> a what was referred to as a "freight forwarder" by a guy in 
> Australia to whom I need to ship some parts?

I've used Forward Air and been happy with the results.  But that was within the US (TX to CA) and they only handle North America;
I'm not sure how to connect with a similar service in OZ.
https://www.forwardair.com/

The folks in TX apparently loaned the seller a pallet, and helped him band the boxes (of engine parts) to the pallet.  I cut the
bands and left the pallet at the CA terminal.  They offered to fork lift it into my truck; but since I was driving a station wagon,
I needed to unload the pallet to make it fit.

Strictly terminal to terminal, though, so you'll need to check where the nearest one is.

Cost was very reasonable, they charged less for the whole pallet than UPS wanted for each box!  (And UPS would not take the engine
block.)

-- Randall  

[email-masked]