Subject: [Shop-talk] Am I getting this old already? (Shop content)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 06:55:26 -0500 12/26/2015 06:55:05, Serialize complete at 12/26/2015 06:55:05

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============0379894651159359373==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0044040985257F27_=

First, I hope everything had a great Christmas and is looking forward to 
the new year.  You know your a gear head when your ONLY gifts are gift 
cards to NAPA.  8>0

On to my shop content question....

I need a pallet jack with a built in scale.  The problem is that it seems 
every single one with a non-electric dial indicator has been removed from 
the earth.
I don't want another battery to have to make sure is charged the few times 
a year I need it.  I'm also willing to pay real money (if needed).

Anyone have a source for such a beast?

And yes, I do feel 'old' when I'm searching for a NON-electric gadget. 8>) 
 As for accuracy, I don't need +/_ 1/4" over 4000 LBS.  Just close enough 
to get shipping quotes.

I also thought to maybe retrofit one of my existing jacks with a hydro 
pressure gauge (and I like the idea of making it myself) but I can't find 
a place to tap into the jacks without interfering with the clearances and 
mechanics of them (they are very small, self contained pumps.) 

If you have a source for this conversion, I'll love that also!

Thanks again!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 0044040985257F27_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">First, I hope everything had a great Christmas
and is looking forward to the new year. &nbsp;You know your a gear head
when your ONLY gifts are gift cards to NAPA. &nbsp;8&gt;0</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">On to my shop content question....</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I need a pallet jack with a built in
scale. &nbsp;The problem is that it seems every single one with a non-electric
dial indicator has been removed from the earth.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I don't want another battery to have
to make sure is charged the few times a year I need it. &nbsp;I'm also
willing to pay real money (if needed).</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Anyone have a source for such a beast?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">And yes, I do feel 'old' when I'm searching
for a NON-electric gadget. &nbsp;8&gt;) &nbsp;As for accuracy, I don't
need +/_ 1/4&quot; over 4000 LBS. &nbsp;Just close enough to get shipping
quotes.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I also thought to maybe retrofit one
of my existing jacks with a hydro pressure gauge (and I like the idea of
making it myself) but I can't find a place to tap into the jacks without
interfering with the clearances and mechanics of them (they are very small,
self contained pumps.) &nbsp;</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">If you have a source for this conversion,
I'll love that also!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks again!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 0044040985257F27_=--

--===============0379894651159359373==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0379894651159359373==--

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 10:56:37 -0500

--===============5432741079415344596==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_O8aoCx34NyWHBCnlyWavYw)"

--Boundary_(ID_O8aoCx34NyWHBCnlyWavYw)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

If you can't find want you want, make a point of checking on the 
battery requirements of the digital model.  I find that infrequently 
used items that require a couple of AA cells are not so bad.  It is 
the ones with the hard to find mystery cells that require a search 
all over town that are a pain.

That's one of my complaints with the rechargeable tools available 
today.  As years go by they stop holding a charge and the batteries 
get hard to find or it just stops being cost effective.  Meanwhile, I 
have plug-in tools that my father bought 50 years ago and they still 
work fine.

So there.  Now we both sound old.

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

At 06:55 AM 12/26/2015, [email-masked] wrote:
>I need a pallet jack with a built in scale.  The problem is that it 
>seems every single one with a non-electric dial indicator has been 
>removed from the earth.
>I don't want another battery to have to make sure is charged the few 
>times a year I need it.  I'm also willing to pay real money (if needed).

--Boundary_(ID_O8aoCx34NyWHBCnlyWavYw)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<html>
<body>
If you can't find want you want, make a point of checking on the battery
requirements of the digital model.&nbsp; I find that infrequently used
items that require a couple of AA cells are not so bad.&nbsp; It is the
ones with the hard to find mystery cells that require a search all over
town that are a pain.&nbsp; <br><br>
That's one of my complaints with the rechargeable tools available
today.&nbsp; As years go by they stop holding a charge and the batteries
get hard to find or it just stops being cost effective.&nbsp; Meanwhile,
I have plug-in tools that my father bought 50 years ago and they still
work fine.&nbsp; <br><br>
So there.&nbsp; Now we both sound old.  <br><br>
-Steve Trovato<br>
[email-masked]<br><br>
<br>
At 06:55 AM 12/26/2015, [email-masked] wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite=""><font size=2>I need a pallet
jack with a built in scale.&nbsp; The problem is that it seems every
single one with a non-electric dial indicator has been removed from the
earth.</font> <br>
<font size=2>I don't want another battery to have to make sure is charged
the few times a year I need it.&nbsp; I'm also willing to pay real money
(if needed).</font></blockquote></body>
</html>

--Boundary_(ID_O8aoCx34NyWHBCnlyWavYw)--

--===============5432741079415344596==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5432741079415344596==--