Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Moving heavy equipment

From: David Hillman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:37:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015, [email-masked] wrote:
> I have a quick question. I  was planning on moving lots of stuff (tools,
> appliances, furniture, etc) from NJ to WV.
>
> I was looking into a service where I can load a connex on my end, have it
> delivered and unload it at the other end.  (The main business is "PODS"
> that does this.)
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for cheap companies (stuff isn't breakable
> or valuable) or other recommendations for do this.
>
> Any ideas?

    Some family recently relocated from Illinois to North Carolina.  They 
used Upack.com, who dropped a 28x8x9' box trailer in their driveway, and a 
few days later, moved it to Fayetteville.  We packed every inch of that 
trailer to the ceiling, but if you need less, you only pay for the space 
you use.

    They were pretty satisfied.  Upack will also store the loaded trailer, 
if need be.

--
  David Hillman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:50:01 -0800

I'd also recommend you price a local mover, especially if you have 
flexibility in your move date and can be fit in to their schedule for a 
discounted rate.

I looked at PODS and found them priced at a premium.  I was pleasantly 
surprised how affordable it was to have the three movers load their 
large truck full (the biggest that isn't a semi) and unload my house at 
the other end.  I had all the delicate items and valuables either 
already moved or in a room with the door closed and marked don't pack.

It was especially nice to have the movers carry all the heavy stuff down 
22 steps to the house.   My legs were dead and there is no way I could 
have done it on my own.

Brian

On 12/15/2015 9:43 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hello fellow gearheads!
> Thanks in advance.
> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
> Eric P
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]