Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Am I getting this old already? (Shop content)

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 07:08:10 -0800

I know it isn't as nice as what you are asking for, but depending on the 
weight, you could just use two or four bathroom scales.  Use your 
existing pallet jack to raise the pallet and put a scale on each side or 
at each corner then pull out the pallet jack.  Add the numbers and you 
are set.

If you don't want to do math, look for a set of vehicle scales from a 
racing place and they will give you the total plus corner weights.  
Scales that can do a car should have plenty of capacity for a pallet.

Brian

On 12/26/2015 3:55 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I need a pallet jack with a built in scale.  The problem is that it 
> seems every single one with a non-electric dial indicator has been 
> removed from the earth.
> I don't want another battery to have to make sure is charged the few 
> times a year I need it.  I'm also willing to pay real money (if needed).

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 09:59:27 -0500 12/26/2015 09:59:04, Serialize complete at 12/26/2015 09:59:04

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============0123400141332874720==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0054DC8F85257F27_=

Thanks for the thoughts, but I went down this path already. I have two 
large scales that I get the weight with now and I'm not getting consistent 
results (plus it's a pain to balance 1100 LBS pallets on them.)

As for the vehicle scales, I looked at them but I don't want to have to 
take up so much space (there are also dedicated pallet scales) and I don't 
want to have to bring the items to a place in the shop.
A pallet scale is the answer, and I may have to bite the bullet and get 
the digital one 8>(.  I just can't believe there isn't a single vender 
that sells them.

Thanks again

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 

I know it isn't' as nice as what you are asking for, but depending on the 
weight, you could just use two or four bathroom scales.  Use your existing 
pallet jack to raise the pallet and put a scale on each side or at each 
corner then pull out the pallet jack.  Add the numbers and you are set.

If you don't want to do math, look for a set of vehicle scales from a 
racing place and they will give you the total plus corner weights.  Scales 
that can do a car should have plenty of capacity for a pallet.

--=_alternative 0054DC8F85257F27_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks for the thoughts, but I went down
this path already. I have two large scales that I get the weight with now
and I'm not getting consistent results (plus it's a pain to balance 1100
LBS pallets on them.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">As for the vehicle scales, I looked
at them but I don't want to have to take up so much space (there are also
dedicated pallet scales) and I don't want to have to bring the items to
a place in the shop.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">A pallet scale is the answer, and I
may have to bite the bullet and get the digital one 8&gt;(. &nbsp;I just
can't believe there isn't a single vender that sells them.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks again</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=3>I know it isn't' as nice as what you are asking for, but
depending on the weight, you could just use two or four bathroom scales.&nbsp;
Use your existing pallet jack to raise the pallet and put a scale on each
side or at each corner then pull out the pallet jack.&nbsp; Add the numbers
and you are set.<br>
<br>
If you don't want to do math, look for a set of vehicle scales from a racing
place and they will give you the total plus corner weights.&nbsp; Scales
that can do a car should have plenty of capacity for a pallet.<br>
<br>
</font>
<br>
<br>
--=_alternative 0054DC8F85257F27_=--

--===============0123400141332874720==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0123400141332874720==--

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 11:13:40 -0500

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 9:59 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I may have to bite the bullet and get the digital one 8>(.

You may be getting that old.  :)     I imagine that, as sad as it is
to consider, the market of a non-electronic pallet scale may be
limited to one guy, and he only uses it a few times a year.

You sure a set of portable vehicle scales, or three or four bathroom
scales from the Habitat ReStore, won't suffice for the few times you
use it?  I bet you're getting inconsistent results because you load is
shifting when balancing on two scales - three points would solve that
problem.

Or perhaps a rental jack?  Dunno if that's actually a
possibility...sounds like you may use the pallet jack a lot and the
weighing ability just a little?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

[email-masked]