Subject: [Shop-talk] flat screen tv to monitor

From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 21:06:22 -0600

Hi Guys

looking to buy a smaller flat screen tv to use as a monitor on my desktop...
probably around 30-32b..    tried one of mine hooked up thru HDMI and it
worked great... no more squinting.
Wife said I couldnbt keep it...

prices are getting good right now  but Ibm wondering if I should spend for a
1080 dpi over a 720 (cheaper)   can a pc push 1080 or is it a waste of money

thanks
John
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 23:01:30 -0800

> can a pc push 1080 or is it a 
> waste of money

Even 1080 is on the low side IMO.  This screen is 1920 x 1200 and I like it.

Randall

[email-masked]

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 15:30:45 GMT

John, 32 inch flat screens were running $150 recently (not just camp out
doorbusters). 24 inch monitors with excellent resolution are running $100.To
bump up to 27 inch monitor is around $150. There are numerous ways to run
multiple monitors - my wife is a CPA and runs 4 screens from her laptop.I get
by with a new 24 inch monitor and a 22 inch - sub 24 inchers are getting
ridiculously cheap There are many ways to skin this cat - how your office/desk
is configured and personal preference will likely govern.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 21:06:22 -0600

probably around 30-32b..

John

[email-masked]