Subject: [Shop-talk] Moving heavy equipment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 12:43:02 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/15/2015 12:42:51, Serialize complete at 12/15/2015 12:42:51

Hello fellow gearheads!

I have a quick question. I  was planning on moving lots of stuff (tools, 
appliances, furniture, etc) from NJ to WV. 

I was looking into a service where I can load a connex on my end, have it 
delivered and unload it at the other end.  (The main business is "PODS" 
that does this.)

I'm looking for recommendations for cheap companies (stuff isn't breakable 
or valuable) or other recommendations for do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:59:49 GMT

PODS probably provides the most well known turnkey solution - but you pay a
premium for the convenience.If they could use a container at their
destination, I would bet the cheapest solution would be to buy a container.I
imagine they are fairly reasonable in NJ if not too far from Newark.Then you
aren't on the clock and can have it moved at your pace.You could even try "you
ship"

---------- Original Message ----------
From: David Hillman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Moving heavy equipment
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:37:37 -0500 (EST)

> or valuable) or other recommendations for do this.

    Some family recently relocated from Illinois to North Carolina.  They
used Upack.com, who dropped a 28x8x9' box trailer in their driveway, and a
few days later, moved it to Fayetteville.  We packed every inch of that
trailer to the ceiling, but if you need less, you only pay for the space
you use.

    They were pretty satisfied.  Upack will also store the loaded trailer,
if need be.

--
  David Hillman

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]