Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Under hood LED work light

From: PJ McGarvey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 03:31:41 +0000

I use mine alot, even under the car. The "arms" that also grab under the hood
also become "legs" to stand on the ground. Ive even hung it vertically when i
need tons of light somewhere. Then the light itself rotates and locks. Nice
long cord, I get tired of cordless stuff that never lasts.  It's fluorescent
but still works great after a few years of use, fine in the cold, seems pretty
well made.

Search amazon for ATD Tools 80050 30W Underhood Light
________________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of john Mitchell
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 9:16:39 PM
To: Shop Talk
Subject: [Shop-talk] Under hood LED work light

I'm in the market for one of those LED work light bars that hangs across
beneath the hood of your vehicle.  I'm thinking that one that plugs in
would be better than rechargeable.  I'd appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks very much,  John Mitchell
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dirtbeard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 07:06:16 -0800

I also simply replaced the bulb in my regular trouble light with a 60 watt
equivalent LED and it has worked great (cooler, not impact sensitive, glare
not bad, plenty bright, etc.)

best,

des (mobile)

-----Original Message-----
From: "john Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Sent: b11/b16/b2015 6:24 PM
To: "Shop Talk" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Under hood LED work light

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Tony Vaccaro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:07:37 -0500

I have been using this light for the last 2 years. Really great and it is
almost indestructible. Not LED but it works fantastic. Best work light I
have ever owned and I have owned lots.
Got is on Amazon

Bayco SL-825 13-Watt Fluorescent Work Light with 40-Feet Cord Reel 
by Bayco

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of john
Mitchell
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 9:17 PM
To: Shop Talk <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Under hood LED work light

I'm in the market for one of those LED work light bars that hangs across
beneath the hood of your vehicle.  I'm thinking that one that plugs in would
be better than rechargeable.  I'd appreciate any recommendations.  
Thanks very much,  John Mitchell
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Peter J. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:23:52 -0500

> not bad, plenty bright, etc.)
Ditto.  I have two standard drop lights, one for above and one for 
below, with Cree 4 flow bulbs.  The Cree bulbs are plastic with vents so 
light weight and shock resistant.

Peter T.

[email-masked]

---

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 09:27:43 -0800

> light weight and shock resistant.

Yeah, it's worked well for me too.

Cheap, easy, easily serviced.

John.

[email-masked]