Subject: [Shop-talk] Gorilla gluing tile

From: Robert nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:12:01 -0600

I've got a ceramic tile floor which has a could of loose tiles.  Under the
tile is Ditra  membrane. I've put off doing a repair because  cleaning out the
old  thin set from the Ditra  is a messy pain not to mention mixing the new
thin set.
 The other day I saw where some one used Gorilla glue to replace a loose tile.
My experience with gorilla glue leads me to believe that it might work very
well to hold a ceramic floor tile in place.
Anyone tried this.?  Any thoughts on how it might work out?

Bob
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 12:40:17 -0800

Bob - I'd stay with a good thinset instead of glue.  You don't need to 
clean the old thinset out of the squares of the Ditra.  You just need to 
the the stuff above the surface.  If the old thinset in the membrane is 
still solid, the new thinset can adhere to it and you don't need to get 
it all out.

I would try some coarse sandpaper in a palm sander to remove all the 
thinset above the top of the Ditra.  It will eat the sandpaper quickly, 
but should work.

You need a solid base for the tile.  If the Gorilla glue has any flex, 
your grout will quickly fail.

You may want to try your question at http://www.johnbridge.com/ which is 
all about tile.

Lots of very helpful tile information in their forum.

If you do try the Gorilla glue or plaything else that works well, please 
let me know how it goes.  My kitchen has a loose tile I need to address 
one of these days.  It doesn't have a proper base and I have very 
energetic kids.

Brian

On 11/7/2015 9:12 AM, Robert nogueira wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]