Subject: [Shop-talk] small engine shaft mismatch

From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:07:41 -0600

Good Morning Group...

herebs a thinking project for you this a.m.

I have a 5hp Tecumseh engine thatbs giving up the ghost.. horizontal keyed
shaft 1b diameter... it attaches directly to  a vacuum unit (leaves) with an
impeller with the same sized hole (of course).

Every 5 hp engine Ibve found is supplied with a 3/4b shaft...   still
searching for a 1b shaft engine but Ibm wondering if I could make a sleeve
with a 1/8b wall thickness that I could use... I understand Ibd need a
bthickerb key  and that not be a big deal to make...     what do you guys
think about the sleeve...  I could probably find a section of black pipe with
close dimensions and make one...

top speed is 3600 rpm at the shaft I think...

think itbs doable ??       OR does anyone know of a manufactured shaft
bsleeveb that I can buy ??

thanks
]John
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive