Subject: [Shop-talk] Poisons and mice/rats

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 19:59:59 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 10/26/2015 19:59:42, Serialize complete at 10/26/2015 19:59:43, Serialize by Router on DOGBERT2/Megageek(Release 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 10/26/2015 19:59:43

I can't say enough good stuff about "TomCat" baits.  I get them at Tractor 
Supply.

They are green blocks that go in bait stations, but since I only put them 
in attics/basements/garages without any animals, I just chuck them in 
corners or behind things.

Takes care of the problem.  I never had anything die inside a wall.

Note, I do have stay cats and house cats that never had any problem with 
this method.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jim Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 22:04:17 -0400

Thanks Eric.  It is good to hear from someone who has had positive experience
with a readily available alternative.  We are currently pet-less, so that
makes things easier.

And thanks also, Todd.  I had seen your post earlier about rat control, but
didnbt think it was relevant, as I wasnbt planning on trying to eliminate
them before they came in the house.  However, I just took at look at
doyourownpestcontrol.com <http://doyourownpestcontrol.com/> and see that there
is a wealth of information there that can help.  I will spend a little time
reviewing what is there and either go with one of their solutions or simply
pick up some of the TomCat bait.  Either way, the house should be well
protected when webre gone!

Thanks again,

Jim

> On Oct 26, 2015, at 7:59 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
Supply.
>
> They are green blocks that go in bait stations, but since I only put them in
attics/basements/garages without any animals, I just chuck them in corners or
behind things.
this method.
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
Emerson
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 19:21:21 -0700

> Takes care of the problem.  I never had anything die inside a wall.

Me too.  But they weren't in the walls, just the attic and garage and sheds.  Probably roof rats instead of Norway rats.

I did find one in a cardboard box in the garage, where it had made a nest in a carpet kit for my old Triumph.  Didn't matter, the
carpet was already ruined by the rat, even before it died.

Haven't seen any signs of another rat since putting out the TomCat baits, though.

Randall

[email-masked]