Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Halogen replacement bulbs

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 11:13:30 -0400

I sure hope there is a typo in the light's description on Amazon!  It says
that the lamp has 350 lumens of output.
A 60-watt incandescent light bulb puts out about 800 lumens.

Doug

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Brad Kahler <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A while back I was asking about replacement bulbs or similar for the
> halogen shop lights.  I never get more than a few hours of use of the
> halogen bulbs before I have to replace them.
>
> Last week I ordered one of these LED shop lights from Amazon and was
> pleasantly surprised at how much light it put out.
>
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072CK57C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00
>
> I had it sitting side by side with one of my halogen lights and I would
> estimate it was probably about 2/3s as bright as the halogen light.  I
> don't know if my halogen was a 300 or 500 watt light but overall I was
> impressed with the LED light output.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 11:17:12 -0400

Don't know if it's a typo or not.  My test was to illuminate the empty
generator compartment on my motorhome.  I didn't notice much difference in
how bright the compartment seemed for each light.

Are these lights as bright as Halogen lights, no certainly not, but for
what I was looking for it seemed to fill the need quite nicely.

YMMV

Brad

[email-masked]

---

From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:25:01 -0500

[email-masked]