Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] spam email just keeps on coming

From: Paul Parkanzky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 22:07:20 -0400

Spam sent to gmail goes into a "Spam" folder where you can check it out
every once in awhile.  If you don't do anything with it for 30 days it gets
deleted forever.  Occasionally, legitimate email ends up in my spam
folder.  So far as I'm aware, I've never failed to receive an email that
was sent to me though.  I often shuffle emails between accounts and have
been a gmail user from the very beginning, so I am pretty sure I'd have
discovered that behavior.

-Paul

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Get yourself a gmail account.  They do a phenomenal job of
> > filtering out
> > the spam.
>
> Yeah, but they also filter some non-spam, and there is no way for you to
> get it back, or even know that it was sent.  I gave up on
> sending encrypted files through Gmail because so many of them just never
> show up.  (And no, they weren't spam or viruses.)
>
> It also seems that their POP3 interface goes down at least once a month,
> and sometimes several times per day.  Very annoying, as my
> email client thinks Gmail rejected the password and hangs waiting for me
> to enter the correct one.
>
> -- Randall
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 22:40:17 -0500

> On Oct 30, 2015, at 21:07, Paul Parkanzky <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> was sent to me though.

I have. And when I was running mail servers, I had users complain about it.
Google would accept the mail, and then it disappeared. Google 's response
would fit on a postage stamp, if you wrote very big with a crayon.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]