Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 7018 puddle

From: "Eric J Russell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 20:42:23 -0400

Might find your answer here: http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/  Even if 
you don't, it is a useful site. He sends out weekly videos on various 
welding topics.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dave Cavanaugh" <[email-masked]>
To: "Shop Talk List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2015 10:32 PM
Subject: [Shop-talk] 7018 puddle

> Normally I weld with 6010 or 6013, and you don't have any trouble seeing 
> the puddle with those rods.  I was practicing with some 1/8" 7018 today, 
> and I was having a lot of trouble seeing the puddle because it seems the 
> rod burns up into the flux coating, and the heavy flux makes it difficult 
> to watch the puddle.  I think the other problem was I was running too 
> cold.  I normally start 6010 and 6013 at around 100 amps for 1/8" rod, but 
> I think I need to crank it up to 120 or so with 7018.
>
> Any tips on using 7018?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive