Subject: [Shop-talk] Water Barrel & Sump Pump

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 15:19:37 -0500

Our place is on 10 acres about 35 miles NW of College Station. We decided
to use rainwater collection rather than spend something in the mid $20K
range to drill a well. The house has a shed roof and we built the primary
collection and filter system off the back of that.
it's working very well. Recently we put a roof on the front porch that
added another 300 square feet  of roof area, and we want to get the runoff
from that into the main system.

We already have guttering up and I'm thinking of taking a potable water
rated barrel of 50 gallons or so and running the water through a simple
screen filter going into that. Then I'll use a sump pump to get the water
into the main system ahead on the first flush filters. It would be going
around 20 to 25 feet and need to be pumped up to maybe 15 feet higher than
it is from where it starts.

Thoughts/suggestions? Figured it couldn't hurt to run the idea past the
list.

Thanks,
Ron
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive