Subject: [Shop-talk] entending home network

From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 15:53:11 -0500

things are sure quiet here on shop-talk...   guess itbs just too hot to
type.

so... herebs a question

Using Uverse for home network... wireless works in most of the house but
outside the brick walls is dead... I want to extend to the shop... 50 feet
from the house and roughly another 75 across the house to the gateway...  I
plan on fishing a cat-5 cable under the driveway to the shop then I can plug
in my laptop in the shop...  Then I let my mind get idle and it started
thinking on itbs own (dangerous)   Can I add another wireless router (a
Belkin I used before U-verse)) at the shop end of the cat 5 and  use it to
connect my phone, ipad and laptop wireless in the shop ??

will that be the same wireless I have now ??   or will it be a second one I
must log into ??   will they conflict ???   tell me Ibm crazy.

john
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive