Subject: [Shop-talk] Refrigerator

From: Scott Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 18:23:59 -0500

I'm asking you guys primarily because you know everything.

Secondarily, this thing will end up in the garage. But I'm mostly not even
pretending this is a shop-related question.

I just bought a foreclosure.

The previous owners gutted the kitchen on their way out. This is good
because the house was cheap, and I'll be able to get the s/o the kitchen
she wants, and someone's already done the demolition for me.

But I'm going to live in this in the interim, and I need a refrigerator.
Eventually, there will be a built in something-or-other that will no doubt
cost more than my first car. Until then, I just want something that will
keep things cold, and that I can later re-purpose for my fridge in the
garage.

So with that in mind, what should I buy? My main concern is simple,
durable, and able to survive (eventually) in a garage environment. I'm not
real excited about buying a diamond plate model, but beyond that aesthetics
aren't too important.

So...if you were able to buy a fridge for your shop (that would live on
your house for a few months first), what would you get? Do top- or
bottom-freezers last longer/use less electricity/whatever? Do you find
yourself wishing your fridge did something it doesn't do now? Since it's
mine and mine alone I can pick whatever I want.

Thanks fellas.

Scott
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive