Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Deck drain grate?

From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 07:52:16 -0700

I did a Google Images search on Garage Floor Drain Covers
and found a number of interesting places to look.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

From: Jim Franklin
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2015 7:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Deck drain grate?

My Trex-style deck boards were installed flush against the sheathing under my
sliding glass doors, and the flashing was installed such that it trapped all
the water. Therefore, the whole sill plate and rim joists are rotten.

Since I need to pull up the deck boards anyway to redo the flashing, I'd like
to replace the first board with a metal grate that will drain to the ground
below, similar to the things you stomp on to remove snow from your boots, but
only 5.5" wide.

I'm searching but clearly not using the right terms. Are these called
something specific? Closest I'm getting are french drain gutters with a
plastic top that doesn't look sturdy enough to stomp on.

thnaks,
jim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6030 / Virus Database: 4365/10156 - Release Date: 07/04/15
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dave Cavanaugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 09:44:21 -0700

Also try "trench drain cover".

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 13:27:40 -0400

> Also try "trench drain cover".

Bingo! Thanks!

jim

[email-masked]