Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Refrigerator

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 14:59:09 -0400

In my limited experience (2 units) the dorm fridges are so inefficient that
they cost more to run than the beverages you'd put in them. I was spending
$20/month on the cube one.

jim

On Jul 2, 2015, at 2:21 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> FWIW, you can get smaller "under counter" units that take up a lot less
floor space.  Even a little "dorm room" refrigerator will
> hold a dozen or more of your favorite 12 oz beverage cans and still leave
some room for storage under the bench.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 17:21:53 -0400

> $20/month on the cube one.

In my garage, which has mostly seen the small dorm fridge and the
compressor as the only steady loads, I seem to use about 12 - 14 kWh
when it's just the fridge, and 30 - 50 kWh when I add the compressor.
But I pay about 8 cents a kWh, so it's not that big a deal.  Costs me
$19 a month just to have the meter.  The bill is typically $20 to $25
a month.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]