Subject: [Shop-talk] FW: Re: Brake Pads

From: Jack Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 15:17:19 -0400

-----Original Message-----

From: "Jack Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Sent: July 2, 2015 6:13 PM
To: "Ian McFetridge" <[email-masked]>, "Jim Stone"
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "Shop Talk" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake Pads

You may have a band of rust intruding from the outer edge into the path of the
pad.  In this case, the rotor is toast and must be replaced.  I have this on a
chevy I own.

Jack

--- Original Message ---

From: "Ian McFetridge" <[email-masked]>
Sent: July 2, 2015 4:23 PM
To: "Jim Stone" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Shop Talk" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake Pads

I think the reason most shops turn rotors is to get rid of uneven brake pad
deposits that will cause chatter/vibration/pulsing.  You could cleanup the
rotors with a 3M scotch brite pad (also have them for drills).  I use a
flex hone to clean-up my rotors before new pads.  http://amzn.com/B007INTEFY

Ian
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive