Subject: [Shop-talk] back up camera wiring help

From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 16:43:45 -0500

Hi guys..

bought an E-bay special backup camera system for my Suburban...  wonbt be
installed permanently but used in different vehicles to hook up trailers.
Will fab a bracket to hang the camera over the tailgate and the monitor will
be in the cab.

there is a 7b monitor with a red/black for 12 volts  and two video feed
lines for V1 and V2.   and a Blue wire they tell me to hook up to the back up
light.
there is a camera with a red/black  for 121 volts and a video o/p cable that
goes to V1 or V2 on the monitor.

Ibm assuming the blue wire is a trigger to turn on the camera when
backing... but I want it on all the time so I assumed to hook it up to 12volt
source.

all I get when hooking up as above is a white light flashing on the monitor
and no video at all   Ibve tried it with and without the blue wire, blue
wire to ground and blue wire to 12volt +

nothing works..... any backinup gurus out there ???

I can email a sketch of wiring if anyone wants it

thanks
John
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive