Subject: [Shop-talk] Problems with mower and oil light

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 12:50:06 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 05/03/2015 12:50:07, Serialize complete at 05/03/2015 12:50:07

I have a zero turn mower that has a 24HP Kolher motor.  I use it to plow 
snow with no problems.  I just tried to cut grass with it yesterday after 
not using the mower attachment for the past 10 years or so.

After about 10 mins or so, the oil light comes on.  When the engine is 
cold, the oil level is at the MAX level.  If I drop the RPMs to idle, the 
light flickers off.  Again, I don't have this problem when the mower is 
used in the winter.

Do I need to change my oil weight?  If so, to what?    Or is there another 
problem I'm missing. 

The mower is a 80'v vintage Husler 275 and manuals are not available. 

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 12:26:01 -0700

> If I drop the RPMs to idle, the 
> light flickers off.

Since that is backwards to the way it usually works, I suspect the pressure sensor may be bad.  Try temporarily connecting a real
oil pressure gauge and see what it says.  Also check to see the light doesn't come on with the sensor disconnected (meaning a short
somewhere in the wiring).

-- Randall  

[email-masked]