Subject: [Shop-talk] alternatives?

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 17:31:43 -0500 FILETIME=[EBA325E0:01D08F5E]

Hi All,

I am trying to keep my SHOP truck alive. It is a 96 Chevy S10 with the 4.3l
V6. It has right around 200K miles and was tired but running good before what
we believe is a fuel pump failure. Living in the rust belt (WI) it is VERY
RUSTY having been a daily driver since I got it back in '99. I have to assume
that if and when I drop the fuel tank that I am going to find that the tank
will need to be replaced as well as the fuel pump and sending unit. I know
that all the hard lines are very crusty as well with one already having been
"patched" with high pressure rubber line.

What I am wondering is if is there is any chance of my putting a fuel tank in
the bed of the truck and running that way? Can I run just a fuel line from the
tank to the engine or do I absolutely have to have a return line? If I have to
start replacing with stock parts, it will quickly add up to more than the
truck is worth. This truck will be driven very few miles; less than 50 a month
if even that.

Also, does anyone have a source for long lengths of high pressure fuel
(rubber) hose? All I've been able to find is short bits.

Thanks for any and all advice!
tim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive