Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alternatives?

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 16:50:49 -0700

> You might want to check first.  My 95 Buick wagon has a plastic fuel
> tank that cannot rust.  The strap and bolt that hold it in place
> could certainly rust away, but they are easily replaced.

Rockauto shows replacement tanks - steel - for $80.  Mind you, that's 
plus shipping, so compare that vis-a-vis this:

http://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-GM16B-Fuel-Tank/dp/B000C7W1VC

$93 shipped free if you've got Amazon Prime.

If it's rusty underneath you can bet the fuel lines are shot, if you can 
run it in a reasonably protected location I'd just use some of the nylon 
fuel line to replace them.  You'll need various adapter fittings to 
connect it to the filter, etc.

>> Also, does anyone have a source for long lengths of high pressure
>> fuel (rubber) hose? All I've been able to find is short bits.

You don't really want to use the 30R7 hose in long lengths, it's 
expensive, much fatter than the nylon, etc.

> Summit Racing has it in 25 ft lengths.
> <http://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=fuel%20injection%20hose>

I've managed to find a couple open-box 25ft coils on Amazon's Warehouse 
Deals (which, like Rockauto's wholesaler clearance stuff, is a 
crap-shoot, sometimes it's great stuff in a scuffed-up box and sometimes 
it's mislabeled, misboxed, or installed-damaged-and-returned stuff that 
proves to be useless.)

John.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive