Subject: [Shop-talk] Trailer tongue box made for wiring?

From: David Hillman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 19:38:31 -0400 (EDT)

{ Shop content: I use my trailer to haul shit to and from my shop. ]

    Does anyone make a trailer tongue box that is designed for having 
wiring run through it?  Or do I just have to drill holes and find some 
grommets myself?

    I have a 20' enclosed car hauler.  I'm rewiring quite a bit of it. 
Since I only really use it in the winter, in slush and snow and whatnot, 
weather-proofing is important to me.  Right now, it just has a little 
plastic box mounted to one of the tongue members, which holds a small 
battery.  That box has holes in it for wires to enter and exit, so it 
doesn't stay dry inside.  This is poor design, IMO.

    I want to put a tongue box on it, and run the 12v wiring from my truck 
into that.  Also want to put a full-size battery in there, and a 
distribution block.

    My preferred choice would be to find such a box on the market.  Second 
choice is, buy a standard one and modify it.  3rd choice, make from 
scratch.  I really don't have time to make it from scratch, though, as I 
just decided to make my own tire rack for the interior ( among a million 
other ongoing projects ).

    Thanks.

--
  David Hillman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive