Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garden hose reel/caddy

From: David Hillman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:19:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015, Darrell Walker wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a garden hose reel/caddy that might last
> more than a couple of years?  They all start to leak around the connection
> that lets the reel turn while still supplying water.  Ibve been by the big
> box stores, and they appear to be more cheaply made every year.  It seems like
> the reel ought to last as long as the hose, this hose is going on 20 years,
> but it is the third reel.  They are always drained before it freezes, so that
> isnbt it.

    I was in that boat last year, or the year before.  Eley was recommended 
to me.

<http://www.eleyhosereels.com/select-your-hose-reel/reels/>

    Admittedly, I have not had it long enough to judge, but the one I have 
is definitely built and finished to a higher standard than Home Depot 
units.

--
  David Hillman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:35:11 -0700

I've gone through several of the cheap Suncast ones from the big box 
stores.  I had leak on one, called Suncast and they sent the replacement 
part for free.

I seem to get about 10 years out of each before the 4' connector hose 
springs a leak.  At that point, they are sun faded and I think I got a 
fair value for $25.

In my backyard I installed a wall mount NeverLeak by Ames Plastic 225-ft 
Wall-Mount Hose Reel and am happy with it.  Quality seems a little 
better.  The 225' capacity does great for a quality 100' hose.  The hose 
guide also makes it much easier to reel up.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_41909-302-2415500_0+1z0vipo__?productId=4363431

Brian

On 4/14/2015 12:53 PM, Darrell Walker wrote:
> (Shop talk content:  I use this hose to wash my cars)
>
> Thanks,
> Darrell
> Darrell Walker
> 66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
> 81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
> Vancouver, WA, USA
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:38:43 -0400

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Darrell Walker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> more than a couple of years?
>

This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Garden-Multi-Purpose-Mount/dp/B007W5H8TW/ref=zg_bs_3480704011_59

We've had it since October of 2012, and so far, so good.  The paint looks
kind of chalky - more so than you would expect a powder-coated item to be -
but it functions perfectly well.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

[email-masked]