Subject: [Shop-talk] Garden hose reel/caddy

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 12:53:49 -0700

(Shop talk content:  I use this hose to wash my cars)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a garden hose reel/caddy that might last
more than a couple of years?  They all start to leak around the connection
that lets the reel turn while still supplying water.  Ibve been by the big
box stores, and they appear to be more cheaply made every year.  It seems like
the reel ought to last as long as the hose, this hose is going on 20 years,
but it is the third reel.  They are always drained before it freezes, so that
isnbt it.

Thanks,
Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
Vancouver, WA, USA
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:31:47 GMT

I have called Suncast 800 846 2345   on several occasions and they sent me a
replacement part that solved the leaking...

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
To: shop-talk List <[email-masked]>

  They all start to leak around the connection
that lets the reel turn while still supplying water.
____________________________________________________________
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/552d7978955e17978354dst01vuc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 19:43:14 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 04/14/2015 19:43:26, Serialize complete at 04/14/2015 19:43:26

Darrell asks about hose reels...

This is one of the Harbor Freight success stories.  I bought two of these 
(well, they were branded slightly differently and only cost $69.99)

https://www.google.com/search?q=retractable+garden+hose+reel&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS619US619&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=jaktVZ_DL4GwggSIwoKADA&ved=0CB4Qsxg

They have lasted over 10 years now of LOTS of use.  But, they are mounting 
inside my shop, but they get used year round.

I can't find them at Harbor Freight anymore, but it was pretty much this 
model at half the price when they had them.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]