Subject: [Shop-talk] Mice?

From: Dave Cavanaugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 19:35:25 -0700

Or voles, or field mice.  Small rodents are trying to nest in the engine 
compartment of my 2004 Sierra (the previous subject of towing a bunch of 
iron to Utah from Washington).  Last week when I popped the hood a mouse 
was standing on the fan shroud just staring at me, then it wandered down 
to the extensive nest it had made above the left cylinder bank.  I 
vacuumed/blew the nest material out and went about my project of trying 
to determine the axle ratio/engine size. Today I moved the truck out of 
the shop and into the driveway and when I got out of the truck a mouse 
ran out of the engine compartment and into the shrubbery.  The engine 
smells like mouse pee, but I can't find any new nest.  I hosed the top 
of the engine block down with Lysol, but I need to find something to 
keep the mice away, if possible.  Any ideas?  I really don't want to 
have them get into the cab.  A few years ago they got into the ac/heat 
fan blower cage of my wife's Forester and THAT was a mess to clean out 
because they had babies.  Unfortunately they didn't survive cycling the 
fan a few times, and Subaru made the fan modular so it was pretty simple 
to get out once I figured out how.

So any ideas on rodent repellant?  I have already asked my wife to have 
our pest control contractor come out and put bait stations in the shop, 
but that might not be enough.

Thanks
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive