Subject: [Shop-talk] Download Prime instant video

From: Dave Cavanaugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 11:05:09 -0800

Shop content:  ok, none.

I have had a Prime account for a number of years but only use it to buy 
hardware.  I don't watch TV or movies.  However, we'll be doing a road 
trip soon and I thought it would be nice if I could download a bunch of 
STNG episodes to an SD card so my wife could watch them on her iPad via 
a Ravpower wifi card reader.  Unfortunately, it looks like you can only 
download Prime Instant Video directly to a Fire or iDevice, not to mass 
storage media.  I really don't want to clog up my wife's iPad Mini 
storage with a bunch of videos; is there a work around anyone is aware 
of?  Or is this another DRM issue that's not worth the effort to bang my 
head against?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 14:10:52 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 03/07/2015 14:10:08, Serialize complete at 03/07/2015 14:10:08

Years ago, I made this 'instructable' on how to grab any video from a 
feed.

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-easy-way-to-get-videos-from-ANY-website-in-Goo/

It was back in the XP days, so I'm not sure how well it will work with Win 
7 or 8.

But it might be a starting point for you.

My advice is to watch a 'short' video on prime, then find where that file 
is been stored on your machine (do this before you close or end the video 
view window.)

Once you find the file (it may be hidden, in a hidden directory, so make 
sure you look everywhere), it might just as easy and coping it and 
renaming it with a viewable extension.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 

From:   Dave Cavanaugh <[email-masked]>
To:     "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date:   03/07/2015 01:54 PM
Subject:        [Shop-talk] Download Prime instant video
Sent by:        "Shop-talk" <[email-masked]>

Shop content:  ok, none.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 12:53:42 -0800

Here's another solution that might work.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/rtmp_dump_helper.html

Supposed to work with any version of Windows, and any 32-bit browser.  But when PC World reviewed it, they said it didn't work well
with Chrome (even though it worked great with Firefox).

I may have to try it out myself.  I'm a Prime member, but almost never watch videos (and use a Wii when I do so I can watch on the
big flat screen).

-- Randall  

[email-masked]