Subject: [Shop-talk] Shop door combo lock not opening in freezing cold

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 16:11:58 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 02/07/2015 16:11:54, Serialize complete at 02/07/2015 16:11:54

I have this lock on my shop door...(not this exact model, but they are 
pretty universal.)

>https://www.google.com/shopping/product/929947669100305996?q=simplex+combination+door+lock&biw=1280&bih=909&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.85464276,d.eXY&tch=1&ech=1&psi=RYLWVI7nNcShNr7YgYAC.1423344205404.3&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX0CIlsOCNb676a1hTuvMidoOrU4cTHVwJVJNw-E-BwqN04yAthx_STsdpJZAXMMX4zKfLyACf2dnx6HxedIxdRzBMgXwa0PrJmwPAlY92gZ7ZGYTzhIZAFPVH727dL1KTdKA2mzicfWeyaS1qu25bw&sa=X&ei=SYLWVOL2FcmlNs2dg9gM&ved=0CF8Q8wIwAA<

For a few years, I've had the problem of it not unlocking in freezing 
cold.  I've tried lubricating it to no avail (I don't know if that might 
have made it worst.)

The problem with fixing it is that as soon as I remove it and open it up, 
it's warm enough to funciton properly.  I thought about leaving it in a 
freezer but I don't know if that would work.

Any ideas for soving this delima?  (This lock is rated for outdoor use.)

Thanks.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive