Subject: [Shop-talk] Welding Class Project Suggestions

From: Patton Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 11:57:46 -0600

I am finally signed up for a welding class at a local Community College.
Any suggestions as to projects I should try.

The only thing I have planned right now is a fuel pump bracket to better
fit the aftermarket pump in my Healey.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Patton Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 13:09:26 -0600

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I am going from a zero base and will be
sure to let the instructor know that I need to learn sheet metal, but I am
interested in some of the larger steel projects.  I will make the bracket,
and probably a cart as well.

I have a Weld-Pak 100, but already know that it is too weak to do much,
will upgrade after I have a little time under my belt.

Here is the class description

An overview of the basic welding processes, including oxy-fuel welding and
cutting, shielded metal arc (SMAW), gas metal arc (GMAW), and gas tungsten
arc welding (GTAW). Set up machines and complete welds and cutting
operations involving SMAW, OXY-FUEL, GMAW, GTAW, and resistance spot
welding; practice basic shop safety; identify types of electrodes used in
welding processes; define various welding and cutting standards; and
demonstrate proper joint preparation techniques.

I'm really looking froward to this
Patton

-- 
Patton Dickson  - Plano, TX
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]