Subject: [Shop-talk] OT - Exede VOIP

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 10:29:51 -0600

Is anyone in the group using Exede for phone service along with I-Net?
We're using Exede for I-Net at our new place and have been using a Samsung
network extender in an attempt to get decent cell connectivity. That's
working, sort of, but we've got a couple of issues. First, there's some
noticeable latency/delay, I'm sure due to the signal making the round trip
to a sattilitte in geosync orbit. Secondly, using the network extender
functionally runs our phone calls and anything else we do on our phones
through the satt based I-Net which counts against our data allowance.

I not looking for alternatives to the Excede I-Net. It's the best option we
currently have. I'm looking for better phone service. At $20-$30/month
their VOIP option is far cheaper than a land line and I don't mind paying
that, if it works.

Thanks,
Ron
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive