Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Water heater leak

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 21:07:52 -0500

On Jan 7, 2015, at 8:47 PM, David Cole wrote:

> Ideas for a solution?

Is there an expansion tank (Extrol, etc) in the system? Sounds like there's a
backflow preventer and the expanded hot water has no where to go except out
the T&P valve.

Also, look into raising that water temp a bit more:
"Warm, stagnant water provides ideal conditions for growth. At temperatures
between 200C-500C (680-1220F) the organism can multiply. Temperatures of
320C-400C (900-1050F) are ideal for growth. Rust (iron), scale, and the
presence of other microorganisms can also promote the growth of LDB. "
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Karl Vacek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 08:21:13 -0600

Jim -
Is it possible that this came through with temperatures transposed to an
order of magnitude higher than you intended?

;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Franklin
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Shop-talk] Water heater leak

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 09:47:47 -0500

Whoa, dunno what happened there. Though on a day like today, a 500C shower
sounds nice :-)

jim

On Jan 8, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Karl Vacek wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Philip Ethier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 10:21:43 -0600

Because of the variances in the ways nonASCII characters can be displayed
in various systems, I always use the word "degrees" and wish everybody did.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Karl Vacek <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
[email-masked] still works also
Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
http://www.mnautox.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 10:53:13 -0800

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 09:47:47 -0500, you wrote:
looks like the list can't process degree symbols and makes them zeros.
If Britain and the US are two countries divided by a common language,
the Internet is a whole bunch of countries divided by a whole bunch of
(sort of) common 'languages'.
-Roland

[email-masked]