Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Home Security

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 16:23:02 -0800

Marty - I was looking at http://simplisafe.com/ as an inexpensive 
option.  In your case, it doesn't have a camera option available, so you 
would need two systems if you want video recording as well.

See more at 
http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clark-howard/homes-real-estate/buying-diy-alarm-system-will-save-you-money/njcS9/ 
and be sure to see the comments as well.

One of the commenters said "I bought a DLink camera for a little under 
$30. It sends alerts to my phone whenever motion is detected in my 
house. and I can then look at the video going on in my house and capture 
pictures. All this for just the cost of the camera." Maybe someone here 
has experience with this type of thing.

Brian

On 1/4/2015 3:48 PM, marty wrote:
> With all this new fangled modern technology I figure there has to be something out there that can be self installed in the house and shop that if I get broken into or there is a fire it will notify me via my cell phone and I could then log in and look at things through a camera to see what's going on.  That's something that would notify me automatically, not going through a service paying a monthly fee.  What you think? Is it there yet?
>
>
> Marty
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Paul Parkanzky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 19:24:13 -0500

Look into SimpliCam or DropCam.  I think they do what you're hoping for.
You only pay the monthly fee if you also want cloud storage of the video.
With SimpliCam, you get facial detection with the subscription (Which means
it will tell you the difference between something and someone moving).  I
don't have anything yet, but I am considering both of these options for our
home and both garages.

-Paul

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM, marty <[email-masked]> wrote:

> With all this new fangled modern technology I figure there has to be
> something out there that can be self installed in the house and shop that
> if I get broken into or there is a fire it will notify me via my cell phone
> and I could then log in and look at things through a camera to see what's
> going on.  That's something that would notify me automatically, not going
> through a service paying a monthly fee.  What you think? Is it there yet?
>
>
> Marty

[email-masked]