Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Music in the Shop

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 16:33:17 -0500

How much is the extra hardware? I can't think of any solution that's 
easier than writing an extra few $ a month into my check...

What do you do for music out there now? Many things that play music have 
RCA jacks in the back for input from a CD player, etc. You can certainly 
find something at a garage sale/craigslist.

Does your internet come through the dish too? I remember them offering 
that ~10 years ago, in which case their box should have some outputs you 
could tap off and hardwire out to the garage, but how much would burying 
a cable cost?

jim

On 12/8/2014 3:37 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> OK, I have an question for those that may know an answer.
>
> I currently have Directv.  I love the music channels.  I want to be able
> to get them in the shop (a detached building about 100' away from the
> house.)
>
> I know I can add another dish and receiver and have service to the garage,
> but that creates two problems.  One, I need to have a TV in there, and
> second, I incur a monthly fee for the additional receiver.
>
> Is there a way to broadcast the signal from one of my TVs out there?  I
> don't need to change the channels once I'm there (but it would be nice if
> possible.)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Eric P
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mike Rambour <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 13:34:23 -0800

I know you didn't ask...but I totally love my Sonos speakers out in 
the garage, best purchase I ever did for the garage.

Replaced a old stereo with Sonos, now I control them via my cell phone 
and can listen to any music I want for free.

     mike

[email-masked]

---

From: "Pat Horne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 15:35:10 -0600

Don't have experience with these as to range, but they should work as long
as the transmitter and receiver are plugged into outlets that are on the
same side of the 220v coming into the house/shop.
http://stereos.about.com/od/reviewsandrecommendations/fr/Powerline.htm

The other way is to use a FM transmitter in the house that can be picked up
in the shop. Don't have any experience there either.

Peace,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Music in the Shop

I currently have Directv.  I love the music channels.  I want to be able to
get them in the shop (a detached building about 100' away from the
house.)

Any ideas?

TIA

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
Emerson _______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 15:45:09 -0600

Depending on how you have the DTV box connected to your TV(s) there may be
an available audio line-out on the box or TV. Get a wireless TV
transmitter/receiver setup (*http://tinyurl.com/mmzo7er
<http://tinyurl.com/mmzo7er>*). Then you need a powered speaker in the
garage with line-in. Whatever you do make sure it's returnable if it
doesn't work well.

Ron

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Miq Millman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 13:54:16 -0800

This might work:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filmon.android.aff38906Te&hl=en

I would point you to the old rabbit tv USB device, but it looks like they
have moved to the 21st century and are striving to collect anonymized (and
real personal!) data for profit and only offer web services based system.

--
__
Miq Millman   [email-masked]
Tualatin, OR  Big Llama Productions

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Peter Murray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 21:38:08 -0500

I would simply find a line-out on the receiver and attach an FM stereo
transmitter, like you'd use for the car, or like a Ramsey Electronics
FM-25B. I currently use a little frequency-agile Belkin that I popped open,
disconnected the 3-inch wire it was using as an antenna, and attached in
its place a 30 inch wire. It covers much more than just the homestead now,
though not so much that it would catch anyone's attention.

DirecTV's music is now mostly XM channels - if you have a separate
XM/Sirius satellite subscription, it likely includes internet streaming, so
a computer (or your phone) in the shop could stream the audio without tying
up your single receiver.

-Peter

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Miq Millman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]