Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Strengthening plastic engine parts

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 12:40:51 -0500

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a 3-d model of the pulley before it
is installed.  Then you could use a 3-d printer to make a few spares. I
think there are places that you can upload the model to, and they will
print it and send the items to you.

Doug
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jim Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 21:27:25 -0500

Thanks guys.  The pulley is a mix of plastic and molded-in metal, so I dont
think a 3D printer will do the trick, but it is an interesting idea.  The used
throttle body only cost me $30, so Ill probably just install the new pulley
and try to be more careful in the future.

Jim

On Dec 29, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Elton E. (Tony) Clark <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I once had a 83 Sentra wagon for a shop car; cold air & 24 mpg in town a
delight until the "Japanese plastic rot" hit.  Within one year, the white
plastic in the dome light housing, the turn signal switch and all four door
latches turned to "chalk" and failed.  Sheeeeeesh.
>
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Doug Braun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]