Subject: [Shop-talk] Drop lights

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 21:37:27 -0800

Drop lights.

You know, basic design hasn't changed in forty years, since the 
rubber-covered wire cages gave way to stampings (or plastic moldings on 
the cheap ones.

Nasty arm-burning stampings.   If you use household light bulbs they 
last about two days, or you can go find the plastic-covered rugged-use 
bulbs.

All this is almost enough to make you go shopping for one of those 
flourescent things.  Or at least it was.

Time to resurrect the old drop lights: Cree 60-watt LED bulbs from Home 
Depot, $7.

Put a few in around the house and they worked out well.  Tried a couple 
in the drop lights, so far so good, the light is good and they've taken 
a couple drops with no drama.

John.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive