Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Drop lights

From: gordon bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 09:03:39 +0000 FILETIME=[5AEBB110:01D021B4] s=q20140121; t=1419671180; bh=+AQtntIDd5Op/B3EXp7cYjmoAH9wtBwLN0fS9vEX40g=; h=Received:Received:Received:Message-ID:MIME-Version:From:To: Subject:Date:Content-Type; b=aB57iqih87KW3kEL64xS0pStxLJMMrp7LoLZe5BDmGrrq05LJUiyGgPpiPnQ/1P+1 sWQFdyM1mAcZD2cxWLS6qS2Br+x39jkNTz7sRKc67qEnPqPDNYw9jeTnpL4DYWxRLm clVzGMoSUHcUXRGPSI0QBHHvC1Ed5jicPv9rdBhizbCQnLcNRSLDoqMeIhFAopVTvN EaENDW+KDZd91t0uSsXjY7W6lqTb5ohKXx2pyehVHni8N1PWBmPyRfsgZdkxgZeY1d IN2MXUS1A7bv6NoaPJTy0ahAsy5+yoXirrUgJq72n7VSupmAeI7iEJV7EZZYUxnoeT 0wS4pEdOax5Gg==

Ibll second the LEDs.  In the past, my garage door opener would vibrate and even the rough service incandescent bulb would only last a few months.  Itbs been nearly 2 years now that I have had the Cree LED installedb&

Ibve been replacing with LEDs when required ever since.

Gordie Bird

From: John Miller
Sent: bSaturdayb, bDecemberb b27b, b2014 b1b:b01b bAM
To: shop talk

Drop lights.

You know, basic design hasn't changed in forty years, since the 
rubber-covered wire cages gave way to stampings (or plastic moldings on 
the cheap ones.

Nasty arm-burning stampings.   If you use household light bulbs they 
last about two days, or you can go find the plastic-covered rugged-use 
bulbs.

All this is almost enough to make you go shopping for one of those 
flourescent things.  Or at least it was.

Time to resurrect the old drop lights: Cree 60-watt LED bulbs from Home 
Depot, $7.

Put a few in around the house and they worked out well.  Tried a couple 
in the drop lights, so far so good, the light is good and they've taken 
a couple drops with no drama.

John.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive