Subject: [Shop-talk] Re-enameling a cast iron sink

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:45:27 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/22/2014 17:45:48, Serialize complete at 12/22/2014 17:45:48

I don't know if we talked about this here, ever, so here goes...

I obtained a beautiful old double kitchen sink (white enameled, cast 
iron.)

The coating is worn after decades of use.

Is there a 'DIY' method of recoating this?  Would powder coating it work?

If not, does anyone know how to find a reputable service for recoating 
them?

OB SHOP CONTENT- If I get this one refinished and installed in the 
kitchen, I can move the current DEEP double sink to the garage!

Thanks.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:49:43 -0500

I know people have tried to re-do their claw foot tubs at home, with mediocre
results. But if the sink is portable, you may have better luck.

jim

On Dec 22, 2014, at 5:45 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Todd Walke <[email-masked]> mail.megageek.com> localhost.pops.p.blarg.net
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:30:19 -0800

Google "re-enamel bathtub" or "re-enamel sink".  Looks like there are 
plenty of DIY kits and professional companies that do this.  Also saw many 
discussions on various websites talking about the process.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 276,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       497,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new 
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]