Subject: [Shop-talk] hard fuel line replacement

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 15:52:45 -0500 FILETIME=[CA0B2D70:01CFF615]

Hi all

One of the fuel lines on my rusty crusty old S10 has rusted to the point that
it weeps/leaks when the engine is running. Since this truck has well over 210K
miles on it and it soon to be retired to part hauler status, I'd like to not
spend any money on this fix. Can I get away with just cutting out a foot or so
of hard line and replacing it with rubber fuel line? Or will the rubber line
not handle the pressure?

Thanks!
tim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 14:17:01 -0700

> Can I get away with just cutting 
> out a foot or so
> of hard line and replacing it with rubber fuel line?

Should work; get the high pressure "fuel injection" hose and use good quality clamps.

Randall

[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 20:50:53 -0700

> So is fuel injection hose stronger than regular fuel line hose?

Yes, although you increasingly find the injection hose sold as regular fuel line.  Eg,
http://tinyurl.com/p3387sg

Here's some on eBay
http://tinyurl.com/omxrd9r

(obviously, get the size that fits, that's just an example)
Randall
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]