Subject: [Shop-talk] Cost of commercial septic system?

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 07:56:24 -0400

Some friends and I are very casually talking about building a place in 
the woods that'd hold about 25 people. The land is completely 
undeveloped but power and wells are on the adjacent property so it's 
developable. At 75 gals/person/day we're looking at almost 2000 
gals/day. Any idea what it'd cost for a system like this? This'd be in 
the Sierra foothills of CA but I can extrapolate from your economy to 
this one :-)

(lets assume average perc rates, access difficulty etc)

thanks,
jim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Pat Horne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:40:21 -0500

Jim,

Will you be doing the work yourself, or hiring a contractor? I can't give
you the current prices, but we needed to replace our septic system about 10
years ago, the leach field was plugged. Replacing the leach field was
estimated at $9,000 and installing a completely new aerobic system was
$6,000. This was for a system to support 5 bathrooms. We live in central
Texas. My reason for replying was to let you know that you should consider
aerobic systems, as well as any other type of system available in your area
also. 

Peace,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim
Franklin
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:56 AM
To: Shop-Talk List
Subject: [Shop-talk] Cost of commercial septic system?

Some friends and I are very casually talking about building a place in the
woods that'd hold about 25 people. The land is completely undeveloped but
power and wells are on the adjacent property so it's developable. At 75
gals/person/day we're looking at almost 2000 gals/day. Any idea what it'd
cost for a system like this? This'd be in the Sierra foothills of CA but I
can extrapolate from your economy to this one :-)

thanks,
jim

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]