Subject: [Shop-talk] Blackening sockets/wrenches stamped markings.

From: "Peter J. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:58:18 -0400

I have a lot of various sockets and wrenches that have stamped markings 
which are hard to read when your under the car with low lighting.  I 
wondering if anyone has "blackened" their tools to make the markings 
more readable, similar to the etched easy to read sockets.  I was 
thinking either use liquid electrical tape or gun blueing.  Not sure 
either would be durable on a chromed tool.  Has anyone done this?

Peter T.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:17:54 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 09/25/2014 11:17:56, Serialize complete at 09/25/2014 11:17:56

Metric is easy to ID by sight...

"Give me a 12mm."  (I find that 9 times out of ten, it's a 12mm.)  8>)

If it looks much bigger, "give me the 14mm."

Of course, the 17mm is always too small and the 19mm is too big, and for 
some reason, no metric set comes with an 18mm!

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]