Subject: [Shop-talk] mobile hotspot signal strength

From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 15:06:55 -0500

Internet gurus ???

Ibm trying to set up a verizon 4620i jetpack for remote internet access...
signal seems poor   2 bars and very slow access...

Ibm also trying an omnidirectional antenna to boost the signal... supposed
to be a 9 db gain antenna

http://www.antennagear.net/catalog/9LTE-VW-OEM-SMK-Set(3).png

when I connect antenna I see no increase in bars and looking at the display on
the jetpack I see no change
in the RSSI    it is at 32%  and b114 dBi

surely an outside antenna should increase my signal

can someone explaoin the 32%   % of what  ??

and is b114 dBi good or bad... would b125dBi  be better or worse... I
donbt understand the nomenclature I guess

thanks
john

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive