Subject: [Shop-talk] air hose quick disconnects that don't leak

From: Mark Andy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:00:57 -0400

Howdy,

Recommendations for air hose quick disconnect fittings that don't leak?

I have the standard brass & 'other material' type ones from Lowes/HD/HF
like these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-Piece-Solid-Brass-Industrial-uick-Coupler-Set-68241.html

Problem is that fairly quickly they start to leak when connected and I'm
getting sick of it.  Are there versions of these things that are more
robust?

Thanks!

Mark
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:20:11 -0400

Get Milton "V" style high-flow couplings:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milton-S216-V-STYLE-HI-FLOW-COUPLER-PLUG-/400346993197?pt=US_Hand_Tools&hash=item5d368a522d

I used to have the "industrial" type, and I changed them all to the "V"
type.  The sockets also accept the most common "automotive" type plugs.
No leaks, and you don't get a loud "pop" of air when you disconnect.

Doug

[email-masked]