Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Delta Unisaw

From: Mike Rambour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:13:23 -0700

On 8/31/2014 8:00 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
> Is it a capacitor-start or -run motor?  Is it running at normal speed?
  Don't know and yes it is running at normal speed.
> Have you ever blown all the sawdust out of the motor?
Not recently but yes I have regularly when using the saw, I did it again 
over the weekend and I will see if that helps.
> Does it run OK with no load other than the blade (not cutting wood)?
  Yes it does.
> Those are the first things I'd consider...
  I threw in a new blade over the weekend along with a really good 
cleaning of the motor, we will see what happens but from the responses I 
got it seems its likely not the motor itself, just poor maintenance and 
dull blade, I have quite a bit of cutting within the next few weeks so I 
will test it.

   Mike
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Pat Horne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:28:38 -0500

Mike,

Have you changed the way the saw gets power? It may be on too small a wire,
causing voltage drop. My Powermatic 66 has a 2 H.P., 220v motor, but
requires a 50A breaker, and #8 wire to spin it up and under load.

Peace,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mike
Rambour
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 10:13 AM
To: shop-talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Delta Unisaw

  Yes it does.
> Those are the first things I'd consider...
  I threw in a new blade over the weekend along with a really good cleaning
of the motor, we will see what happens but from the responses I got it seems
its likely not the motor itself, just poor maintenance and dull blade, I
have quite a bit of cutting within the next few weeks so I will test it.

   Mike

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Rambour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:34:16 -0700

No I have not changed power, I well over 20 years ago made a small 
1ft. long cable with the Unisaw's original plug configuration on one end 
and my walls 50amp outlet on the other end, that way I am using the 
Unisaw's original power cord, my little 1ft. long piece made with same 
gauge wire (don't remember what it was) and that into the wall.  The 
50amp circuit is there for my TIG welder and it works fine on that 
outlet (obviously only thing plugged in at a time)  what wiring is 
behind the wall I don't know, I could open up the sub-panel and check 
but it has not changed in at least 20 years.

  However I will take apart my 1ft. piece and double check the 
connections on both ends.

     mike

[email-masked]