Subject: [Shop-talk] Anyone ever tried one of these?

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:39:59 -0400

Hello,

I was wondering about a couple of (garage-related) gadgets I have seen
recently:

1:  Has anyone ever used a Uview "Airlift" to change a car's coolant?  This
is a gadget that you connect to a compressed air source, that generates a
vacuum to suck all the air out of your car's (drained) cooling system, and
lets fresh coolant get sucked in.  I was thinking of getting one for my
Prius (which has TWO cooling systems).

2:  I have seen these portable jump-starters that use a lithium instead of
a lead-acid battery,  They are very small, only about 1x3x6 inches, and
will keep their charge for a long time while sitting in your trunk.  I am
amazed that such a small device can out put enough current to actually
start a car.  Are they for real?

Thanks,
Doug
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive