Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tig Welder

From: steve hochschild <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 13:56:44 -0500

As the sign on the wall of the store reads: "Speed costs money, how fast 
do you want to go?"

Just my opinion, but a 'good' welder means Lincoln, Miller, or other 
brand name.  I am partial to Miller, myself.  I have a Diversion 165, 
which will weld _thin_ aluminum, as well as steel.  The current version 
of this is the Diversion 180 I think.  When I was in school I learned on 
a Synchrowave, which has a lot of adjustability.

In any case, www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/ would be a good place to 
start...

Where are you located?

On 9/3/2014 1:15 PM, Shannah Miller wrote:
> Hubby and I would like to get a good tig welder. Can anyone recommend one?
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 15:01:48 -0400

The first question is : ac for steel,  or ac/dc for steel and aluminum?

Doug

[email-masked]

---

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:17:22 -0500

Whatever you do I'd suggest you buy from a local dealer. It may cost you
more, but I think you'll get better after sale support. I'd definitely buy
my consumables from a local supplier for the same reason.

Ron

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM, steve hochschild <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Just my opinion, but a 'good' welder means Lincoln, Miller, or other brand
> name.  I am partial to Miller, myself.  I have a Diversion 165, which will
> weld _thin_ aluminum, as well as steel.  The current version of this is the
> Diversion 180 I think.  When I was in school I learned on a Synchrowave,
> which has a lot of adjustability.
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Juhas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:06:37 -0400

I bought an HTP Invertig 200 a few years ago that I'm quite satisfied 
with.  I haven't used it as much as I expected but it seems reliable and 
predictable, good features and options available.  The latest versions 
are more powerful than mine, but mine is adequate for my work.

On 9/3/2014 2:15 PM, Shannah Miller wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 

[email-masked]