Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery question

From: "Bob Kegel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 18:00:41 -0700 s=q20140121; t=1408237252; bh=VgOUnG3zgndbgz/tA8h66xz2TIibyuzHP3ef5DZeCRw=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Reply-To:From:To:Subject:Date: MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=VC+yaLG48LrdurgPRJKHTUXqJXkmLNRjjppG1fh3+OwV5TILQlrS8EuQ+u9USQDPT AhI3j/R4zj1CScBXzUc+zFxa0zJ4LrkBvrMcPfTlPFVZesfjIYLzHkwYL9JJZVw/AJ 3VY0aKGofnwAfOhshg/oRC9RgdU4G2yJVM8uWvRwUgRTbUvxXrooZEIWXcd/gPBHVn 13lb1HtKVx6J683TKn4uN5yRic6iO838ZELgTFhrWGL7ybNDpKbH75fZhcM4XC4WBA wFhx0iP2lWKpsKy/DlTl+YcF6Js/yL/lQpzBCTP+g51yKZ9sMwWHPasH7M//Wv7T/R g8DyPahHecuYg==

I'm running both ni-cad and ni-mh BT-1007 batteries in our Uniden cordless 
phones. Can't tell any difference.

Bob K 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jack Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 19:16:21 -0700

Ni-Cad and NiMH are close enough to swap out in a trickle charge
environment.  NiMH are better typically higher density charge batteries.  

The way to be sure they are not getting overcharged is to leave them on the
base for a few days and see if the batteries are getting warm.  NiMH will
shed the excess energy in the form of heat.  A little warm is OK.  Getting
hot is a problem.  If they get more than just warm to the touch, your base
charges at too high a rate and you should consider changing back to Ni-cad.

If the batteries are loose cells, not packs, I have had good success with
Harbor Freight NiMH batteries.  Catch them on sale or with a 20% coupon and
they are amazingly inexpensive.  You can make battery packs with a powerful
soldering gun, but only if you are really comfortable soldering, as it must
be done fast and hot to avoid damaging the batteries.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2014 3:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Battery question

Phone batteries that is. I know some of you guys are very knowledgeable in
this area so here goes: We have a fairly inexpensive set of wireless phones
for the house and one by one they have stopped charging.I assume the
batteries
are shot and it is time to decide whether to replace the batteries or just
get
a new system.I have located inexpensive battery packs (BT-1007  2.4V
500mah)
but they seem to come in both nicad or nimh.  The ones in the phones
currently
are nicad.Are these interchangeable? Before I hit send, I think I will see
what the charging stands are putting out - 2 showed 14.5V and one showed
12V.Maybe it isn't just the batteries... Thanks,Matt
____________________________________________________________
The End of the &#34;Made-In-China&#34; Era
The impossible &#40;but real&#41; technology that could make you impossibly
rich.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/53efdcbcfff5cbb5266st03vuc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]