Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to purchase a Cornwell tool?

From: John Innis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 11:29:50 -0500

I have not dealt with Cornwell but I have bought from Snap-On and other
outfits that sell the same way.  It will vary based on who your local
dealer is, but I have found most to be more than willing to work with
individuals who just want to buy a few items now and then.  It usually
helps if you offer to meet the dealer at another of his clients, at a time
when he was already planning to be there, so he doesn't have to make a
special trip for you.  I'd say enter your info on the web site and at least
have a chat with the dealer on the phone.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Kent Sullivan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>
>
> My brother would really like to own a Cornwell RS20 ratchet spinner
> <
> http://www.cornwelltools.com/webcat/products.php?product=RS20-%252d-3%7B47%
> 7D8%E2%80%9D-Ratchet-Spinner> . I can't find a retailer that sells them
> (including eBay and Amazon), and the Cornwell site only has an info form
> <http://www.cornwelltools.com/Contact_Us/dealerlocator.php>  for setting
> up
> an in-person call from a dealer. My brother is not a professional mechanic,
> so that doesn't make any sense.
>
>
>
> Suggestions?
>
>
>
> Thanks.
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
=================================
= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =
=================================
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Miq Millman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 09:37:07 -0700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-G-Tool-Aid-No-13100-Spin-A-Ratchet-3-8-Drive-/251303147391?hash=item3a82d5b77f&item=251303147391&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

there you go, $8 with shipping

--
__
Miq Millman   [email-masked]
Tualatin, OR  Big Llama Productions

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Kent Sullivan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:47:42 -0700

If you are not tied to Cornwell and just want that function for home 
use, I have a set from harbor Freight that works well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-thumbwheel-ratchet-set-94011.html
Currently on sale for $5.99.  It is a 3pc set with 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 sizes.

Brian

On 8/10/2014 9:16 AM, Kent Sullivan wrote:
> <http://www.cornwelltools.com/webcat/products.php?product=RS20-%252d-3%7B47%
> <http://www.cornwelltools.com/Contact_Us/dealerlocator.php>  for setting up
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 13:07:13 -0600

Handy items. I have one of these and use it quite often:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181482716692?lpid=82

mjb.

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 13:21:52 -0600

Down at Mike's shop he has a set of 1/4 inch drive ones, Sears may have them in 3/8 as well.

mjb.

[email-masked]

---

From: "Kent Sullivan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 15:44:00 -0700

OK, Ibll give it a try. I have bought from Snap-On and MAC in the past
myself, but I didnbt have to go through a bsign up for a visitb
processbI just asked them for the cell numbers of guys rolling trucks in my
area, and met up with them at some commercial shop they were servicing. Maybe
I can get a Cornwell guy to do the same.

From: John Innis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:30 AM
To: Kent Sullivan
Cc: shop-talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to purchase a Cornwell tool?

I have not dealt with Cornwell but I have bought from Snap-On and other
outfits that sell the same way.  It will vary based on who your local dealer
is, but I have found most to be more than willing to work with individuals who
just want to buy a few items now and then.  It usually helps if you offer to
meet the dealer at another of his clients, at a time when he was already
planning to be there, so he doesn't have to make a special trip for you.  I'd
say enter your info on the web site and at least have a chat with the dealer
on the phone.

Hi,

My brother would really like to own a Cornwell RS20 ratchet spinner
<http://www.cornwelltools.com/webcat/products.php?product=RS20-%252d-3%7B47%
<http://www.cornwelltools.com/webcat/products.php?product=RS20-%252d-3%7B47%7
D8%E2%80%9D-Ratchet-Spinner>
7D8%E2%80%9D-Ratchet-Spinner> . I can't find a retailer that sells them
(including eBay and Amazon), and the Cornwell site only has an info form
<http://www.cornwelltools.com/Contact_Us/dealerlocator.php>  for setting up
an in-person call from a dealer. My brother is not a professional mechanic,
so that doesn't make any sense.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
<http://www.team.net/forumsUnsubscribe/Manage>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Beels <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:17:22 -0400

Cornwell is a truck tool brand.  They're in OH, so give them a ring 
and ask for your local dealer.  They should be able to tell you that 
much.  Or call your local SnapOn/Mac/Matco and ask for the Cornwell 
guy "because you need to warranty something".  Tool truck guys are 
pretty cool, they should have a number - as long as you don't call 
them at home.  ;-)

That said, that tool isn't a Cornwell in-house tool, it's a rebrand 
and the ebay item is the same thing.  The packaging looks old enough 
that it might even be Made in USA.  The Cornwell tool almost 
certainly isn't (if that matters to you).

At 08/10/2014 at 12:16, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Kent 
>so that doesn't make any sense.

Cheers!

[email-masked]