Subject: [Shop-talk] Oil Breather Tank options

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 06:17:48 -0500

I need to install one of these on my stroker. I've done a little searching but
what I've found so far all looks way too big. I am hoping to mount something
small right behind the rocker cover, maybe using the head stud at the back of
the engine, so it would need to be pretty small.

Thoughts please.

I sent this to the shop talk list as I know quite a lot of you have classic
cars.

Thanks!
tim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: PJ McGarvey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:34:17 -0400

Resending just to shop-talk as it was help up by the moderator...

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Shop-talk] Oil Breather Tank options
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:27:27 -0400

So when you say oil breather tank, you are talking about a PCV breather?
Something that takes crankcase fumes from the block and possibly valve
cover(s) into a tank and let's them escape to the air?
Summit/Jegs will probably have the best selection and price, then you can also
pick up any fittings/hose/etc you need to install it.  I run one made by
Integrated Engineering on my non-emissions tested 85 VW Golf turbo.  It has
the internal baffles, drain valve, AN -8 adapter threads, breather filter,
probably holds a quart, maybe less.  Don't go too small, or it will fill up
quick.  Trying to imagine what an overfilled catch tank spilling into an
engine bay would do.  yeah, no.
Some have a metal mesh inside the tank to help separate the fumes and condense
the water from them better.  Install wise, it's been said that keeping it near
the engine to keep it warm helps to evap the water a bit.  Google for other
tips on install/setup.  Originally had mine hooked to the exhaust to pull a
vacuum, but made a mess on the rear of the vehicle.  This car has no cat, so
no danger there.  Spat some nice flames from time to time  ;-)
-PJ

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 06:17:48 -0500
> Subject: [Shop-talk] Oil Breather Tank options
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:00:09 -0500

A few years ago I put a separator on the pipe between the valve cover 
PCV and a supercharger port on my Roush Mustang.  I was getting 
fuel/aircharge contamination when I put my foot down.  It is running 15 
LBS of boost at WOT which was also sucking a fair amount of oil from the 
cam cover.  The little separator I bought looks (is) a small glass 
bottle with a bronze filter and in and out pipe threaded ports.  I 
suppose the amount of oil you would collect is dependent on the 
condition of the engine and how much air you are sucking up the pipe.  
The filter looks just like the oil separator that might be on an air 
compressor.  I have to empty mine after two tanks of fuel or one good 
romp on the back roads.  Here is a link to the one that I use on my 
beast that has worked as expected. 
http://shop.davadmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=4&zenid=6v4e56q65otjic9vona9jiqto6 
If I had known then what I know now I would have picked up one locally 
for probably half the price but it did come with Ford quick connect hose 
fittings.

Mark
Nashville

On 6/13/2014 9:34 AM, PJ McGarvey wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]