Subject: [Shop-talk] Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 09:56:37 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 06/03/2014 01:09:35, Serialize complete at 06/03/2014 01:09:35

Yesterday, I rotated the tires on my 2013 Volt and went to 'relearn' the 
tire pressure sensors.  2011 and many other models allow you to do this 
with a strong magnet or by letting air out of the tire during the 'learn' 
mode.

It appears that this model doesn't allow either and it can only be done 
with a tool.

I ended up buying this one...

>http://www.amazon.com/ATEQ-VT5-One-Button-Trigger-Tool/dp/B0099SL2L0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1401717804&sr=8-6&keywords=tpms+tool<

(note, I'm not adverse to buying new tools, but really?)

My question is, will there be a 'universal' tool for these TPMS systems? 
It's my understanding that they are being mandated and I'd hate to have to 
buy a new tool for each manufacture.

Anyone else have any other experiences?

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive