Subject: [Shop-talk] solar battery charger

From: "John Niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 19:24:53 -0600

thinking about some gear that might be handy if the SHTF situation comes
along... the ability to recharge batteries might be a good thing... I have a
solar charger that I use to charge my batteries on my car hauler trailer...
for the winch and the breakaway battery...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FX10ES/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if would be nice if I could hook this up (thru an inverter) to a multi type
battery charger I also have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008467K1E/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it only draws .6 amps at max... so a small inverter should do the trick right
???

if anyone doing or planning anything like this I'd love to hear your ideas,
plans, experiences

boy scout still inside ther.... be prepared
thanks
john

Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:21:48 -0800

> it only draws .6 amps at max... so a small inverter should do 

I see a wall wart ... Have you looked at powering the charger directly from the solar panel & battery setup?  I think there's a
chance the charger could run directly from the panel, but even if you had to regulate it down a bit, I suspect the result would be
more efficient than trying to invert 12v up to 110ac and then run it back through the wall wart.

Randall

[email-masked]