Subject: [Shop-talk] Cell phone boosters

From: James Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 20:00:11 -0500

I need a cell phone booster for my vacation home and figured this was the best
place to turn for guidance.  Heres the background:

I have AT&T and my wife has Verizon; iPhone 5s for me and iPhone 4 for her.  I
am the one who primarily needs the boost, but it would be nice to get
something that would enhance my wifes signal, too.  (And, please dont take
that sentence out of context!)  The AT&T signal here is ok in most of the
house (ok defined as 2 bars - I can send and receive calls), except for the
area I am trying to use as my home office.  There I only get one bar and can
send and receive text messages, but most calls do not get through.  My wife
has two bars throughout the house, so her signal is adequate everywhere.
(BTW: the house is less than 800 sq ft, so the distance from the adequate to
the inadequate rooms is only a couple of steps.)  We have cable wifi and that
signal is excellent throughout.

I have to do something to improve the AT&T signal, but it would be nice to get
something that would work for both our phones.  And, as always, it would be
nice not to spend too much money.  The easy solution for me looks to be an
AT&T Microcell, but it would be nice to get something that worked for Verizon,
too.  Something like this sounds perfect
(http://www.amazon.com/zBoost-YX545-Dual-Band-Booster-Coverage/dp/B003VOW5WI/
ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) and it is less expensive then the Microcell when
bought from AT&T, but Id like to hear from someone I trust before investing
$200.  And, given that I only need the boost in one room, whatever solution I
go with wouldnt necessarily have to be wireless.  Id be ok with something a
lot less expensive that only worked when the phone was connected to it or
right next to it.

As always, thanks!   Any advice will be appreciated.

Jim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive