Subject: [Shop-talk] How much to weigh the back of a plow truck

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 20:28:00 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/10/2014 20:27:57, Serialize complete at 01/10/2014 20:27:57

OK, I have a GMC 3500 Duelie mason dump that I would like to use as a plow 
truck.

I have a "Great Bear" plow (LIGHT duty ONLY) that is already hooked up to 
it.  The truck is only rear wheel drive.

It works great for plowing, until it losses traction.  I'm figuring if I 
can put enough weight in the back, it would fix the problem for the most 
part.

Once I know HOW much weight I need, I plan to make a concrete block that 
has forklift holes so I can load it in and out easily.

But how do I figure out how much weight I need?  Any ideas?

Also, am I on the wrong track?  Will the weight fix it?  Is two wheel 
drive (well, 4 wheel if you count the duelies) not ever going to work?

 I have a pair of duelie snow chains for it, but I can't drive down the 
road on them.

Note:  I'm not looking to do this as a business. I just want to plow out 
myself, my neighbors, tenants, and my parents.

Thanks in advance

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bill Gilroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:59:51 -0800 FILETIME=[3F805380:01CF0E79]

Back when I lived in NJ most plow rigs had a load of sand or salt and a
spreader.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Sent: b1/b10/b2014 6:08 PM
Subject: [Shop-talk] How much to weigh the back of a plow truck

Thanks in advance

Eric P

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Dave C <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 19:19:22 -0800

I think some tire chains would go a long way to solving the traction 
problem...unless you've already done that.  Dualies have notoriously bad 
traction in snow due to the large footprint leading to just sliding around.

On 1/10/2014 5:28 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]