Subject: [Shop-talk] Ultrasonic Cleaners

From: Benjamin Zwissler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 21:28:40 -0500

I'm considering an ultrasonic cleaner for small parts (automotive and hobby
parts).  This would include metal parts as well as plastic.  For examples,
today I was cleaning the side market lights on my TR8 and thought it would
be handy to clean the insides and crevices.  Anyone have recommendations
for the cleaning unit and what cleanings fluids to use?  I see several
units at about 2-2.5 liter capacity for the $100 range.  I'd like to go
bigger but the price seems to go up fast.  People seem to use Simple Green
and similar water based detergents.

Thanks, Ben.....
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 08:03:20 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/02/2014 08:03:22, Serialize complete at 01/02/2014 08:03:22

Ben,

This is the one I got.  It works pretty well.  All the ones I looked at 
that were 'heated' all state that you should use water only.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200365419_200365419 

If you are in NJ, you can stop by and give it a try!  8>)

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]