Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ultrasonic Cleaners

From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 20:49:54 -0600

I used a 2 liter unit for years with Simple Green with good results on
small engine carburetors and auto engine carburetor parts.  I'll be
interested in what other people have learned about this useful device.

On 1 January 2014 20:28, Benjamin Zwissler <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm considering an ultrasonic cleaner for small parts (automotive and hobby
> parts).  This would include metal parts as well as plastic.  For examples,
> today I was cleaning the side market lights on my TR8 and thought it would
> be handy to clean the insides and crevices.  Anyone have recommendations
> for the cleaning unit and what cleanings fluids to use?  I see several
> units at about 2-2.5 liter capacity for the $100 range.  I'd like to go
> bigger but the price seems to go up fast.  People seem to use Simple Green
> and similar water based detergents.
>
> Thanks, Ben.....
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 23:14:40 -0500

I have a cheapo little one, meant for cleaning jewelry, that came form some
place like Brookstone.
It does clean stuff, but I have no idea how much better a "real" one would
work.
I wish there was something like a ultrasonic power meter that you could pip
into the bath.
Or could you just dip in your finger and tell?

Doug

[email-masked]

---

From: w <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 00:55:18 -0500

> today I was cleaning the side market lights on my TR8 and thought it would

I have the el'cheapo $20 Horrible Freight unit. Usually use a small 
amount of 409 or Simple Green in it. I can't say the results are 
spectacular, but it does clean up glasses, jewelery, small parts, etc.

-w

[email-masked]