Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Exhaust pipe for generator

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:26:11 -0500

My thought is that an air gap would work best - think double- or
triple-wall pipe like that used with wood stoves.

You want to keep your distance between heat and wood.  you'd feel bad
if hte shed burnt down in the middle of an emergency/

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:08 AM, john Mitchell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I made an exhaust pipe for my generator out of stainless flex pipe and plan
> to run it out of my shed under a door to eliminate as much noise as possible
> when running it in an emergency.  My question is what can I wrap the pipe
> with where it may touch wood to prevent combustion?  Would header wrap work?
> Thanks,  John Mitchell
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Peter J. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:47:15 -0500

On 12/19/2013 6:08 AM, john Mitchell wrote:
> I made an exhaust pipe for my generator out of stainless flex pipe and 
> plan to run it out of my shed under a door to eliminate as much noise 
> as possible when running it in an emergency.  My question is what can 
> I wrap the pipe with where it may touch wood to prevent combustion?  
> Would header wrap work?  Thanks,  John Mitchell
Most of the noise comes from the exhaust so a muffler would be more 
effective than putting it in the shed.  Simply venting with a pipe isn't 
going to reduce the noise much.
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]