Subject: [Shop-talk] chain hoist question (electrically)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 20:49:29 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/01/2013 20:49:30, Serialize complete at 12/01/2013 20:49:30

Fellow shop-talkers,

I acquired a 1/2 chain hoist lift and I have some questions.

First off, I have photos I'm talking about (the important parts) are 
here...

http://tinyurl.com/m3fj7c6 

In the first photo, you see this is labeled 3 phase, 208 or 440.
In the photo below that, you see that there is a wiring block that changes 
for 220V or 440v (left side of photo)
The top right photo is a wiring diagram.
The bottom right photo is the button controller (to make the lift go up 
and down.)

Here are my questions...

Is there any way to wire this to work on Single Phase, maybe with reduced 
power?
What is this thing worth?
Does anyone want/need this?

Finally, what could be the tar like substance that is all over that 
controller?  Any ideas where this could have been used?  The buttons work, 
but it just looks scary!  8>)

Thanks for the help in advance.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive