Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] troubleshooting LED flashlight again

From: "John Niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:09:51 -0600

Like so many other things these days, quality control is non-existent.

Randall... sadly what you say is getting truer and truer... although in the 
past two weeks I've had three experiences with excellent customer 
service...from people who actually spoke the same language I speak..

One was from U-verse (go figure)... tech went well out of his way, including 
a return phone call to check up later) to fix a wireless printer problem  on 
an HP printer... wouldn't get that from HP directly !!

Another was with Woodland Power Products, the makers of Cyclone Rake lawn 
vacuums... Needed replacement impeller and housing for a 16 year old unit... 
they had the part, shipped it two day and it     was COVERED UNDER WARRANTY 
!!!!! on a 16 year old unit !!!  My next child will be named Cyclone.

third was from e-replacementparts.com   where a customer service guy 
actually went to the warehouse shelves to put his hand on parts... and when 
he didn't have the needed part did the research to find it and get it to 
me...

It has restored my faith (to some degree) in American service...  almost 
makes me forget all the others I've cussed out !!!

yall have a Merry Christmas now, ya hear ???\

john 

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 16:02:52 -0600

On Dec 25, 2013, at 10:49, "Randall" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> the others that I
>> bought previously are good lites with a long runtime for a single AA.
>

Many cheap vendors in china are selling qc rejects. The original buyer rejects
the lot, but the factory sells them  to someone else. The second buyer might,
or might not, do any thing about identifying the defective pieces, and repair
or discard them. Get stuff from a good seller, and you get a good deal; get a
bad one, you get crap.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]