Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] chain hoist question (electrically)

From: "Pat Horne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 23:15:53 -0600

Eric,

The best and easiest way to connect this up to single phase power is to use
a single to 3-phase converter. 

If you are in need of a hoist, and the price was good enough to spend
another $50 on a phase converter, then this is fine. If it is too expensive,
sell this one and buy a single phase unit

I looked on ebay and found
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-1-3-3-4-HP-Static-Phase-Converter-Mill-Drill-Saw-
USA-MADE-Single-to-three-/261070427968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc902
9740, which is a solid state phase converter for $46. Have no connection
with this company.

Try various solvents in moderation to see what attacks the tar.

Peace,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
<snip>
Is there any way to wire this to work on Single Phase, maybe with reduced
power?
What is this thing worth?
Does anyone want/need this?

Finally, what could be the tar like substance that is all over that
controller?  Any ideas where this could have been used?  The buttons work,
but it just looks scary!  8>)
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Mark Watson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 18:12:44 -0500 s=q20121106; t=1387149161; bh=pq6zH3c7C0k+kS5CKgR4A9GQxuTSI7OvJKJheMpcVzk=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=FhlCRNk6BH2WzcETDF2tz133McmHwrzclkl24oJeaB/5zFcTDWZJp9XDTNnMvDeDc 7VSeoUCF33hxBebdeJdbEe3Th9/2zpRVBmhPS6Sk/ImDUgIqlZtAeJjzf5B7TLrgwn Y52PwBe5QFG0PjUJ79yVhqUjIvEmzIiAvQD+bycpR0Rzl/S5e3PNQ3t7wZWmj6baEo uVjVp6mJuyWY2PiS+PUvhtHGjY0yxRT7f5jdslIgyj2Ofbg6D+lIE2+aEkujeHVKx6 8dNRsSm6NVYiH+YF3PHgxKtccEU9YvcMDKCVs69ohPQ3HVgmrhoTRT0qw2upieSOXW Bp8C16oFTRdsg==

Eric,

    Pat said it best about the single to 3 phase converter.

    The "tar like" substance - sounds like verrrrry old rubber 
disintegrating into its original constituents.  I've seen the same thing on 
things I know were rubber in their original form.  I'd say live with it 
because you'd be hard pressed to find new rubber pieces.

    Enjoy!

Mark
-----Original Message----- 
From: Pat Horne
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 12:15 AM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] chain hoist question (electrically)

Eric,

Peace,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
<snip>

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]