Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] New Generac XG8000

From: john Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:19:39 -0500

I've also used there products.  The problem is the battery is buried 
under the fuel tank and is not accessible.  I was hoping to find a 
battery tender that would just plug into the charging socket.  Maybe I 
can modify one myself.  Thanks
On 12/14/2013 6:10 PM, John Innis wrote:
> I have used DelTran products (Battery Tender).  The Junior is a 3/4 
> amp charger that can be left attached to a battery full time.  I have 
> used these for several years in an unheated garage and my batteries 
> have remained in good condition.
>
>
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM, john Mitchell <[email-masked] 
>
>     I just purchased a new Generac 8000 watt generator with electric
>     start.  The generator lives in an unheated shed and as with my old
>     generator, I would remove the battery and leave it on a trickle
>     charger in my basement until needed in an emergency.  On this
>     generator, the battery looks to be a real job to replace quickly
>     and has a small female receptacle for a 12 volt transformer(like a
>     big cell phone charger) to keep the battery charged.  The manual
>     says not to leave it plugged in for more than 48 hours.  Any
>     suggestions for a trickle type charger with electronics to control
>     the charge and that I can leave plugged in throughout the winter?
>      Thanks John Mitchell
>     _______________________________________________
>
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>     Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> =================================
> = Never offend people with style when you   =
> = can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =
> =================================
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jack Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:09:09 -0800

John,

I keep my RC planes on trickle chargers during the flying season by having
the chargers on a standard home lighting timer.  I have them turn on for an
hour, once a day.  When I bring the planes back, I charge them up
completely, then let the trickle charger run for an hour a day to maintain
the charge.  Something like this would work for your situation too.

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of john Mitchell
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:32 PM
To: Shop Talk
Subject: [Shop-talk] New Generac XG8000

I just purchased a new Generac 8000 watt generator with electric start.  
The generator lives in an unheated shed and as with my old generator, I 
would remove the battery and leave it on a trickle charger in my 
basement until needed in an emergency.  On this generator, the battery 
looks to be a real job to replace quickly and has a small female 
receptacle for a 12 volt transformer(like a big cell phone charger) to 
keep the battery charged.  The manual says not to leave it plugged in 
for more than 48 hours.  Any suggestions for a trickle type charger with 
electronics to control the charge and that I can leave plugged in 
throughout the winter?  Thanks John Mitchell
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: john Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 08:42:52 -0500

That sounds like it would work!  Thanks for the idea.  John
On 12/14/2013 7:09 PM, Jack Brooks wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]