Subject: [Shop-talk] autobody work forum?

From: Tim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:44:08 -0500 (EST)

Any one know of a good one? One where they are willing to help a newbie 
learn and not be jerks about it?

Thanks
tim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Tim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:25:54 -0500 (EST)

This came to me privately, not to the whole list. I have not yet taken a 
look at it.

Hi Tim,

Try this place out.  I haven't followed it in a while, but the forums
there used to be a good site.

http://autobodystore.com/forum/forum.php
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Tim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:45:11 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Brian. Unfortunately, the program at the local tech school in 
Madison is an eight hour a day/five days a week thing. There is no 
option to just take, say, a welding class or a paint class. It sucks.

tim

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Brian Kemp wrote:

> Tim - Also check your local public library.  That is where I learned 
> how to rebuild an engine.  I read a couple books, mostly about V8s, 
> but it gave me the extra background to make sense of the Bentley 
> manual for my TR6.
>
> If you want a serious education on body work, check with a community 
> college or vocational center as they may have a course available.
>
> Brian
>
> On 11/22/2013 7:47 PM, Steven Trovato wrote:
>> Wow.  I was watching for an answer to this.  I was hoping to find one 
>> as well.  I guess the lack of response is not a very promising sign. 
>> Let us know if you find something.  I did find the yahoo group called 
>> "autobodyrestoration" but it doesn't seem to have much activity 
>> anymore.
>>
>> -Steve Trovato
>> [email-masked]
>>
>> At 03:44 PM 11/18/2013, Tim wrote:

[email-masked]

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:50:24 GMT

I found the same thing here in Columbus, GA.Called the community college and
was told they don't allow students to take single courses - I would have
enrolled in their auto technology program and their programmed curriculum
would hate prevented me from taking the desired auto body & welding courses
for several semesters...

MRB

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Tim <[email-masked]>
To: Shop Talk <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] autobody work forum?
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:45:11 -0500 (EST)

tim

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]