Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] autobody work forum?

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 22:47:17 -0500

Wow.  I was watching for an answer to this.  I was hoping to find one 
as well.  I guess the lack of response is not a very promising 
sign.  Let us know if you find something.  I did find the yahoo group 
called "autobodyrestoration" but it doesn't seem to have much 
activity anymore.

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

At 03:44 PM 11/18/2013, Tim wrote:
>Any one know of a good one? One where they are willing to help a newbie
>learn and not be jerks about it?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 00:49:37 -0500

Yahoo in general doesn't have much activity anymore....

 Try jalopyjournal.com, autobody101.com, Eastwood's forums, or
autobodystore.net's forums.
You might have better luck looking for hot rod or antique restoration
forums rather than generic auto body forums.

Doug

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Wow.  I was watching for an answer to this.  I was hoping to find one as
> well.  I guess the lack of response is not a very promising sign.  Let us
> know if you find something.  I did find the yahoo group called
> "autobodyrestoration" but it doesn't seem to have much activity anymore.
>
> -Steve Trovato
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/doug@
> dougbraun.com

[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:28:46 -0800

Tim - Also check your local public library.  That is where I learned how 
to rebuild an engine.  I read a couple books, mostly about V8s, but it 
gave me the extra background to make sense of the Bentley manual for my TR6.

If you want a serious education on body work, check with a community 
college or vocational center as they may have a course available.

Brian

On 11/22/2013 7:47 PM, Steven Trovato wrote:
> as well.  I guess the lack of response is not a very promising sign.  
> Let us know if you find something.  I did find the yahoo group called 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:04:26 -0700

> college or vocational center as they may have a course available.

Some years ago a couple of the professors from the U and I took an 
evening body shop class
at a local high school.  First session was in a classroom, this old guy 
sat up front and rambled
on about the shop rules, safety, blah blah blah.  Very dry, boring, we 
were all wondering what
we got ourselves into.

One of the profs with me brought in a fender from his Model A truck.  
After the lecture, which
seemed to go on forever, the gentleman was open to questions.  When Gary 
handed him that
fender, it was quite a transformation - just running his fingers over 
the metal he spouted off
things that he could tell about the piece and what work was needed where 
that were way
beyond our talents.  And he looked much happier doing that than the 
boring old lecture.

It was a good class.

mjb.

[email-masked]