Subject: [Shop-talk] Nibbler

From: "Karl Vacek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:05:57 -0500

I need a nibbler to cut a hole in a furnace plenum with the side of the
A-coil right behind where I need to cut.  Having just finished cutting the
old humidifier opening larger for a new humidifier, and I will NOT try to
use aviation snips to make a neat little hole in this tight area.

Horrible Freight has an air nibbler, but I'd really like something better -
the reviews say their dies break way too easily.  What a surprise that
Chinese steel is weak.  Does someone make a good electric nibbler?  A good
hand nibbler, with good leverage?  There used to be nibbler attachments that
chuck right into an electric drill, and the demos at Oshkosh many years ago
were impressive.  I'd even buy an air nibbler, though that's my last choice
because of the decreased versatility.

What works well?

Thanks!
Karl
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive