Subject: [Shop-talk] was container - now Shop Floor Treatment

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:13:11 GMT

Thanks Inch et al on the cutter info. For many years I dreamed of a smooth
white perfect epoxy shop floor.Finally the day arrived to construct my 30x50
garagemahal and I chickened out.I ended up going power troweled finish with
acid stain.The hangar where I work spent an exhorbitant amound on their floor,
and despite the best prep & materials available (so they said) we continue to
have problems with bubbling & lifting.  Not to mention that it is downright
hazardous if there is any moisture on the floor. I was ready to spend the $$
but didn't want to risk the significant disappointment should it fail as many
do.  I recall reading about a firm that supposedly had the floor thing licked
and was the go to choice for all the NASCAR shops but I don't recall their
name.  One of the things I remember was that they added a significant amount
of sand to their paint - not for a grippy finish, but to add bulk and
durability to the paint layer. I still hold out that someone can assuage my
fears and I may end up with my dream floor so I am interested in any success
stories. Matt
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive