Subject: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutter recommendation?

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:02:13 GMT

I checked the archive but the only entries I found were way old - circa 1999.I
thought Inch enlightenend us a bit within the last few years. Anyone care to
pitch their sussess or failure with a relatively low end unit? TIA!
MattColumbus, GA
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:26:00 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 10/30/2013 13:26:02, Serialize complete at 10/30/2013 13:26:02

Matt asked about Plasma Cutters.

Matt, I bought from Ramsond...

http://www.ramsond.com/welding-plasma-cutting-machines/ 

I bought the Ramsond CUT50DY 50 and I'm very happy with it.

A few times I ran up against the cutting depth limit (just over 3/4 inch). 
 But overall, it does everything I expected.  I bought a ton of extra tips 
and such, which I recommend.  They are consumables.

My buddy bought a different brand (I'm not sure of the name) and while 
it's not the same unit, the consumables seem interchangeable. 

Doesn't handle really rusted metals well (but I don't think any unit 
will.)  My only issue was that I needed better eye protection.  welding 
helmets are too dark.  The welding sunglasses I got, seem slightly too 
little protection.  Neither of these are a fault of the brand or unit 
however (but if anyone has any suggestions on what to use for plasma, I'm 
all ears (or eyes, I guess.)  8>)

Shoot me an email if you have any specific questions.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:01:05 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 10/30/2013 14:01:06, Serialize complete at 10/30/2013 14:01:06

Oh, I forgot to mention.  The thing I hate the most about the Ramsond, is 
that UGLY paint scheme!!!  Who choose those colors?  McDonalds?  8>)

Eric P

[email-masked]

---

From: Gil Fuqua <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:34:21 +0000

But if wasn't for the wild paint scheme, it could not generate the BTUs that
the unit converts to kilovolts, subsequently blending with cosmic matter to
produce plasma that cuts the metal.  The drab colored units are therefore not
as powerful.

It's true.  I Googled it.

Gil Fuqua
Nashville

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutter recommendation?

Oh, I forgot to mention.  The thing I hate the most about the Ramsond, is that
UGLY paint scheme!!!  Who choose those colors?  McDonalds?  8>)

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
Emerson _______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]