Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Using ultra capacitors to replace car battery

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 14:17:53 -0400

How many tries does he get to start the car?

Doug
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dave C <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:34:36 -0700

Quite a few in the videos.  It never did crank very long, but started 
right up, even at lower (less than 12) voltages.  Recharge time was very 
quick, too.

On 8/24/2013 11:17 AM, Doug Braun wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Doug Armstrong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:07:19 -0400

Any thoughts on how this would work in a car with no charging system, such
as a Formula Ford with a race time of 1/2 hr.?

A simple way of shedding some weight.

Doug Armstong

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave C
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:35 PM
To: Doug Braun
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Using ultra capacitors to replace car battery

On 8/24/2013 11:17 AM, Doug Braun wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3392 / Virus Database: 3211/6604 - Release Date: 08/24/13

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3392 / Virus Database: 3211/6592 - Release Date: 08/20/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Fred Katz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:41:02 -0700

I've seen a bunch of videos on these. He gets quite a few starts. When not
using the running car to put a charge in, he uses solar panels and they
recharge pretty quickly. Very lightweight and reliable.

Fred - SSF, CA

[email-masked]

---

From: "Jack Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:15:24 -0700

Hypothetical thoughts follow:

The capacitors will bleed down a lot faster than a battery, but you might be
able to run a very small motorcycle battery to recharge them.  The kicker is
that capacitors can dump a huge amount of current in a short time, whereas a
battery has to be much larger to provide the same instantaneous current.

I run a capacitor in tandem with my batteries in our RC planes.  When the
control surfaces are loaded and being worked hard, they will respond faster
with the Capacitor in the system, giving the impression of having a much
larger battery (more amps) to power them, yet it is a much lighter system.

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Doug Armstrong
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:07 PM
To: 'Shop Talk List'
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Using ultra capacitors to replace car battery

Doug Armstong

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]

-----

-----

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]