Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators

From: Wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:47:33 -0400

On 8/13/2013 1:26 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>> Incandescent bulbs, even rough service, tended to last
>> less than a year.
>
> I must have gotten a good one, then.  It had been in there for over a decade.
> At a couple of bucks a pop for rough-service bulbs, I'm sticking with them.

BTW, you can still score regular incandescent 100 watters from Amazon. I 
bought TWO cases! That should hold me till the industry comes out with 
an alternative that 1) actually produces equivalent light output [vs 
their lies] 2) lasts a reasonable time given its absurd cost 3) or is 
reasonably priced 4) MOST IMPORTANT, my comfort rules: does NOT flicker 
or "sparkle", put out funny colored light, or give me a f*****g headache.

Screw IT! I'm not gonna be a guinea pig for $5 - $40 products that suck. 
I KNOW what's sucking power in my house (HVAC, water heating, 
dehumidifier, stereo, PC farm)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055T5VW8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-wc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Karl Vacek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:17:54 -0500

I've got some el-cheapo CFL's at the hangar that light down to at least
zero.  I think the package actually promised -20, but about zero is about as
cold as I can remember trying them.
For rough-service incandescent bulbs, I've been abusing the ones from NAPA
in drop lights for years, and they seldom die except from age.  Dropping and
coolant drips don't seem to faze them.

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators

> Where do you live?  Here in Minnesota it gets too cold for CF bulbs to
start reliably.

[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 15:52:55 -0400

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Wayne <[email-masked]> wrote:
> That should hold me till the industry comes out with an alternative that 1)
> actually produces equivalent light output [vs their lies] 2) lasts a
> reasonable time given its absurd cost 3) or is reasonably priced 4) MOST
> IMPORTANT, my comfort rules: does NOT flicker or "sparkle", put out funny
> colored light, or give me a f*****g headache.

Like these?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_302474-3-50005_4294801201__?productId=3203513

http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Documents/HAL040R2.55fb350d-76b5-404c-909c-101455ceabbd.pdf
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]