Subject: [Shop-talk] Eaton compressors?

From: "Karl Vacek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:27:38 -0500

I need a new compressor pump for my big upright compressor.  Anyone have any
experience with Eaton compressors, out of Ohio?  AFAIK they're not any
relation to the big Eaton Corporation, Eaton superchargers, or etc.
Different, small company.

Their compressors are all cast iron, and they say they have parts made other
places but assemble and test and warrantee everything out of Ohio - the
warrantee is 3 years.

This is the model I'm considering.

http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catalog/item/518643/6414555.htm

It's not as cheap as many others available, but sounds to be a better unit.

Thanks!
Karl
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:41:46 -0500

I do not have any experience with Eaton but the picture ... even down to the 
sight glass for the oil level ... and the specifications of the compressor 
in the link look exactly like the one that I have on the model I518VC2 
compressor I bought from 
http://www.aircompressorsplus.com/Air-Compressors/Industrial-Series/.

I have had the compressor for a number of years. It is in the basement and 
with the air intake muffler installed ... looks like this but came with the 
compressor and not from Grainger ... 
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/SOLBERG-InletDischarge-Silencers-3TKZ2?Pid=search 
... to address the intake noise it is quiet enough that Bev has never said 
anything about it.

Performance is all I will ever need and maintenance is a "change the oil 
ever 300 hours of use", or about every three or four years in my case.

Arvid

-----Original Message----- 
From: Karl Vacek
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:27 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Eaton compressors?

Thanks! 

[email-masked]