Subject: [Shop-talk] .25mm too big

From: Tim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:45:31 -0400 (EDT)

I bought longer bolts for the linkage on my webers so I could use two 
regurlar nuts locked together instead of nylocks. They are M5-.8 and are 
approx one quarter of one mm too big to fit through the linkage pivots. 
The bolts that came with the kit are also M5-.8.

M4s have too much slop and SAE bolts were too big as well.

I ran the new bolts through a die cutter but not much (enought) was cut 
off (as expected).

I really don't want to try to drill out the linkage pivot and take a 
chance of generating heat and screwing up the rubber bushing.

Thoughts please on what I can do to narrow down the bolts. Maybe a small 
round file to try to open up the hole??

Thanks

tim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:21:26 -0400

A regular number 10 screw, such as a 10-32, is smaller than a M5 screw by
a few thousanths of an inch. You might want to try before you modify the
linkage.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

[email-masked]