Subject: [Shop-talk] Happy 4th, and I need a special part.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 10:59:08 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 07/04/2013 10:59:09, Serialize complete at 07/04/2013 10:59:09

Happy 4th to all of my US brothers.  Sorry about the 4th to all my English 
Brothers.  8>)

Anyway, I need some help...
I need to replace this part.  It comes from a 80's vintage Black and 
Decker Spacemaker coffee pot
(Model #SDC2A-TY1 Black & Decker Drip coffeemaker).
Here is a link to the page with the part...
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/black-decker-parts/coffee-maker-parts/model-sdc2aty1/1228/0211000/00053026/00001

It's part # 45 on that page.  PART NUMBER: 164570-00
It seems to be a rubber reduction elbow 3/8" ID  to 3/4" ID.

Here is the problem.  The part isn't available anymore.  When I look up 
replacement parts, I can't find any that say they are approved for 
drinking water (just that they are NOT approved for fuel or oil.)
One half of this hose goes on a part that much get pretty hot.
I thought about buying another of the coffee pots, but my guess is that 
this part will fail on any of them since it's over 30 years old.

I can't find another under counter coffee pot that works as well as this 
one (I've tried.)  So I need this part.

Any hints on where to find such a beast?

Thanks.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 15:27:27 GMT

Dag-nabbit! A packrat from way back, I have stored junk for years because you
never know when you are gonna need a part.We used that coffee maker for many
years before we moved and it didn't make it into the new kitchen.It was stored
in my shop until just a couple of months ago and the wife convinced me to
goodwill it as we had 3 functional (all different) coffeemakers on the
shelf.In a moment of weakness and declutter fervor I gave in. I woulda shipped
you the whole thing... Just goes to prove as soon as you get rid of something
a good use will come along. Inch, you probably have some of the most recent
and significant deployment time of the folks on this board. Thanks for your
service! Matt

AGE RES PROPRIAS TUAS

---------- Original Message ----------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Happy 4th, and I need a special part.
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 10:59:08 -0400

Anyway, I need some help...
I need to replace this part.  It comes from a 80's vintage Black and
Decker Spacemaker coffee pot
(Model #SDC2A-TY1 Black & Decker Drip coffeemaker).
Here is a link to the page with the part...
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/black-decker-parts/cof
fee-maker-parts/model-sdc2aty1/1228/0211000/00053026/00001

Thanks.

Eric P

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Todd Walke <[email-masked]> mail.megageek.com> localhost.drteeth.p.blarg.net
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 10:12:11 -0700

Looked up the part number on Black and Decker's site, it shows it 
as "back ordered", as opposed to "not available".  Maybe give them a call 
directly?

<http://servicenet.blackanddecker.com/Parts/Search?searchedNumber=164570-00>

         Maybe, just like owners of vintage cars will have 2 or 3 parts 
cars in the back yard, it's time to collect a couple of vintage coffee 
makers for parts.
         eBay shows 3 used ones listed for around $20 + $12-14 
shipping.  Search for "black decker spacemaker coffee".

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 276,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       412,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new 
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]