Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] rigid insulation board

From: "Eric J Russell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 09:24:50 -0400 a=gTtuKIY9cGcA:10 a=P2oOn6vrs4wA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:17 a=-emHNGwBxm65bU1AXVkA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0

I believe the expectation is the insulation will be covered with a 
fire-proof material ("drywall"). I doubt there is an effective paint you 
could apply.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

----- Original Message ----- 
Subject: [Shop-talk] rigid insulation board

>I need to insulate the ceiling in my barn, 18'x30',  and am thinking of 
>using 2"
> rigid insulation board or otherwise called polystyrene. One side has a
> reflective foil on it and the other has  some kind of a plastic wrap on it 
> and
> it is this side that I would like to paint white to cover up the blue 
> printing.
> Is this feasible and does any one recommend a particular paint.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: David Hillman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 10:53:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 31 May 2013, Frank Vantacich wrote:
> I need to insulate the ceiling in my barn, 18'x30',  and am thinking of using 2"
> reflective foil on it and the other has  some kind of a plastic wrap on it and
> it is this side that I would like to paint white to cover up the blue printing.

    Why not just put the reflective side facing down, and leave it be? 
That's what my father-in-law and I did ( two garages ).  Looks fine for a 
garage ceiling, and even helps with lighting a little.  Throw some 
aluminum tape on the seams and call it done.

    Painting it sounds like a right bitch, to be honest.

--
  David Hillman

[email-masked]

---

From: Frank Vantacich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 15:47:32 -0700 (PDT)

David you might be on to something, that sure would lessen the amount of prep 
work I would have to do. Eric you're are right about it being flammable and 
should be covered up with something non-flammable, i didn't think about that. 
Doug that would sure take a lot of spray cans but that was excellent suggestion 
I did not know about that product.

Great ideas thanks for the help!!!

Frank V.
Loomis, Ca
[email-masked]

________________________________
From: David Hillman <[email-masked]>
To: Frank Vantacich <[email-masked]>
Cc: Shop Talk <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat, June 1, 2013 7:53:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] rigid insulation board

printing.
> Is this feasible and does any one recommend a particular paint.

   Why not just put the reflective side facing down, and leave it be? That's 
what my father-in-law and I did ( two garages ).  Looks fine for a garage 
ceiling, and even helps with lighting a little.  Throw some aluminum tape on the 
seams and call it done.

[email-masked]