Subject: [Shop-talk] Spindle Sander question:

From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:02:03 -0700

Ibve never owned a spindle sander but I have a need for
a similar tool, but without the oscillating feature.  Ibm trying
to mount a leather burnishing tool (3/8b steel shaft) vertically
with a flat work surface.  Does anyone know if there are bench-top
oscillating spindle sanders out there where the oscillating feature
can be removed or defeated?
Thanks.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:16:41 +0000

---- Doug Armstrong <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Why not use a drill press and make up a work surface?

If you do that, be very certain to arrange things so nothing is hurt when the Jacobs taper holding the chuck to the spindle lets go and drops the chuck.

BTDT
I was lucky, it could have been much worse.

Randall

[email-masked]