Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Door Screen

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 05:56:29 -0700

Lots of hits googling "garage door screen", including Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/double-garage-door-screen-68310.html

-Darrell
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Texmog <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:41:47 -0500

I have the one from HF.  Basically cloth screen hooks to header and Velcro to
the sides with weight on base.   Works well but I only use it a a few weeks a
year between heating and a/c seasons.

I would not expect it to last much more than a year if used daily.

Bob

On May 21, 2013, at 7:35 AM, Wayne <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hey Guys -- have a slightly weird question. Does anyone know of a screen or
similar cover for an overhead garage door?
>
> I like leaving my door up during the day, just for ventilation and heat.
It's a basement, partially sub-grade, style and gets damp and chilly
otherwise. If I'm working, the outside light, fresh air, spaciousness, etc are
nice.
>
> But, birds flying in and crapping or nesting on stuff, bugs, other pests,
etc, make it impractical. Just like an un-screened open window in the house
would. Anyone know of commercial products like an overhead pull-down screening
system or something?
> -Thanks, Wayne
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]