Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I feel . . . wrong

From: nick brearley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:14:54 +0100

Mark Miller wrote:
>   But But I have turned my back on a tool with an engine in place of one
> with a dinky little electric motor and a cord.  Convince me I need to fix
> the Echo and use a real tool.
>
>

No, you did the right thing. Firstly, you're building up spousal credits 
to be redeemed against some situation lurking unseen in the future. 
Secondly life is too short to spend time wrestling with that cubic inch 
of frustration that is the Walbro carburettor. Time that could be spent 
balancing twin SUs or setting up a threadcutting lathe, something that 
needs your native skill and cunning.

Seriously though I found an electric chainsaw sitting in the back of the 
barn the other day, cleaned it up and put it to work. Now I use it in 
preference to the 2 stroke Stihl for small jobs if there's a power 
supply handy. There's a lot to be said for a machine that starts and 
stops when you want it and doesn't leave you working in a fug of exhaust 
fumes.

Nick Brearley
Two Echo strimmers waiting to be fixed in the corner of the shop.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: nick brearley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:23:59 +0100

Mark Miller wrote:
> Convince me I need to fix

If you really can't resist, take it to someone with an ultrasonic 
cleaner. It'll be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

Nick B

[email-masked]