Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Specialty bolts

From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:07:37 -0700

I donbt think a search for b1912 Cadillac Leather License Plate
Hanger Boltb will turn up the correct bolt.  My thinking is that
there could have been other applications for the same or very
similar item (such as was mentioned earlier about bplow boltsb)
and that they may be still available for that reason.
Thanks.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

From: Randall
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 1:51 PM
To: Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA ; Shop Talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Specialty bolts

---- "Steve Hammatt wrote:
> Ibm looking (so far without success) for a type of bolt that:
> 1.  slight convex head
> 2.  underside of head has 4 facets (sides) that taper inward.
> The bolt is designed to fit into a small casting with a matching
> 4-sided tapered hole to lock bolt from rotating while being
> tightened.

Steve, I think you'll have more luck searching by application.  That sounds
like a manufacturer's special to me.  For example
http://goo.gl/5hXM8

Randall

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3272 / Virus Database: 3162/6246 - Release Date: 04/15/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:25:27 -0400

I was just about to tell you that there's this guy who was on Jay 
Leno's Garage who makes leather license plates, and perhaps he might 
have some idea where to get those bolts.  Then I went to get the link 
and I realized, that's you!  So much for that idea.

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

At 05:07 PM 4/15/2013, Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA wrote:
>Hanger Boltbwill turn up the correct bolt.  My thinking is that

[email-masked]

---

From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:40:07 -0700

Grin!
My wife and I stopped by last Saturday for
a short visit with Jay and a chance for my wife
to see the collection.  Ibm working on making
hangers for plates to go along with my plates.
www.leatherplates.com
Thanks!
BTW, with everyonebs help I determined that
what I need is a small version of a #4 domed
head Plow Bolt.  Now, just to find the right size
and source.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

From: Steven Trovato
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 2:25 PM
To: Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA ; Shop Talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Specialty bolts

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

-----

[email-masked]