Subject: [Shop-talk] Anyone using a salt chlorine generator?

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:06:32 -0700

I'm replacing a bunch of swimming pool equipment, and several people are
trying to convince me to use an automatic salt chlorinator.  In the past,
I've used an "automatic" chlorinator that is nothing but a tank for chlorine
tablets, that the pump slowly forces water through.  What comes out is very
concentrated and corrodes everything in sight ... without it I probably
wouldn't be spending kilobucks now.
 
Just looking for some feedback from "the man who owns one".
 
Oh yeah, once the pool is happy again, I can get back to working in the
shop!
 
Randall
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Ron Olds <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 10:13:01 +0000

Randall,

I have a salt generator and would highly recommend it. To maintain it you
simply add salt to the pool.  It is much simpler and easier than dealing with
chlorine tablets. It also seems to be much more stable and you don't get that
chlorine smell from the water.  I used chlorine tablets on my old pool and
would never have that type system again.

You will be able to spend less time worrying and working on the pool and more
time in the shop which is what it really is about anyway.

Ronald Olds
Sales Manager
Plasser American Corporation
PO Box 5464
2001 Myers Road
Chesapeake, VA 23324-0464
 
Phone  (757) 543-3526
Cell      (630) 240-0818
Fax      (757) 494-7186 
 
The information contained in this e-mail including any attachments may be
proprietary, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of
the addressee. Any unauthorized distribution, disclosure or any other such use
is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any reviews, dissemination or copying by
anyone other than the intended recipient is expressly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy all copies
of the original transmittal.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:07 AM
To: 'Shop Talk'
Subject: [Shop-talk] Anyone using a salt chlorine generator?

I'm replacing a bunch of swimming pool equipment, and several people are
trying to convince me to use an automatic salt chlorinator.  In the past, I've
used an "automatic" chlorinator that is nothing but a tank for chlorine
tablets, that the pump slowly forces water through.  What comes out is very
concentrated and corrodes everything in sight ... without it I probably
wouldn't be spending kilobucks now.

Oh yeah, once the pool is happy again, I can get back to working in the shop!

Randall

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:27:47 GMT

+1 for the "pro" salt water pools...I have had ours 7 years and other than
adding salt and occasionally cleaning the cell, not a single problem. The only
downside I have heard is the cost of replacement - one neighbor had a
lightening strike take out his controller.Another had to buy a new generating
cell after a surprisingly short period - I suspect he neglected basic
management/maintenanceof the device. I think the technology is proven and cost
effective - I know it is easy to use!This and an automatic cleaner ( I have a
Polaris 280) make having a pool a snap. Matt in Georgia

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Ron Olds <[email-masked]>

I have a salt generator and would highly recommend it.

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]