Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Did I kill my mower?

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:47:32 -0500

On Apr 22, 2013, at 8:57 PM, Dave C <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> Do  you think the engine's toast?  If so, do you think it would it be
economical to have Kubota rebuild it?  (Yes, it's well within my skill set to
rebuild it.  No, I'm not going to.  Other than routine maintenance,  I'm done
wrenching on small gas engines.)  Other options?

Change the filter, put some good oil in it, fix the carb, and mow. If you've
damaged the engine, it's not going to br cheaper to fix now, than it will be
when it's totally toast. If you haven't, you're worrying too much.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dave C <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:03:42 -0700

Looks like I'm ok for the time being.  I left it on the charger for a 
bit and it started up and after running for a minute it ran fine. I 
finished the grass and it worked just like it always did, no smoke.  
This weekend I'll change the oil again with Delo 400  and put a new 
filter on it.  Those mowers are pretty tough.

On 4/22/2013 7:47 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
>> Do  you think the engine's toast?  If so, do you think it would it be economical to have Kubota rebuild it?  (Yes, it's well within my skill set to rebuild it.  No, I'm not going to.  Other than routine maintenance,  I'm done wrenching on small gas engines.)  Other options?
>>
> Change the filter, put some good oil in it, fix the carb, and mow. If you've damaged the engine, it's not going to br cheaper to fix now, than it will be when it's totally toast. If you haven't, you're worrying too much.

[email-masked]