Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pipe structure fittings

From: nick brearley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 12:05:35 +0000

Randall wrote:
> The jokers are those tees in the back with the open hole; which I 
> believe were originally a cross http://goo.gl/yOALy And for some 
> reason the 4th leg was cut off. --

I suppose it's redundant and you don't want it sticking you in the eye 
each time you walk past.

Useful range of fittings. Substitute grubscrews for the eyebolts and 
you'd have a nice clean installation.

NickBrearley
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 07:58:40 -0500

Those sure do look like them.  Thank you very much.  I noticed those 
in the back as well.  I assumed that it was just a matter of making 
due with       what was on hand.

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

At 03:46 AM 3/3/2013, Randall wrote:
> > Can anyone identify the fittings used in constructing the
> > pipe structure on this trailer?
> >
> > https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/KmtsvfHSiNNw2O-Dpe9NjtMT
> > jNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
>
>
>I can't really tell the scale (they come in various sizes), but these look
>pretty much the same to me
>http://www.ysbw.com/Canopy-Fittings-1-Inch-s/7.htm
>
>The jokers are those tees in the back with the open hole; which I believe
>were originally a cross
>http://goo.gl/yOALy
>And for some reason the 4th leg was cut off.
>
>-- Randall

[email-masked]

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 08:01:58 -0500

I suppose it depends on how permanent the installation 
is.  Grubscrews would look cleaner, but the eye bolts are probably 
more convenient if it is going to be erected and removed often.

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

At 07:05 AM 3/3/2013, nick brearley wrote:
>I suppose it's redundant and you don't want it sticking you in the 
>eye each time you walk past.
>
>______________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 08:11:31 -0500

I think the key was calling them "canopy fittings."  My google 
searches weren't finding the right thing without knowing the correct 
term.  Thanks.

-Steve

[email-masked]

---

From: nick brearley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 13:25:46 +0000

Steven Trovato wrote:
> I suppose it depends on how permanent the installation is.  Grubscrews 
> would look cleaner, but the eye bolts are probably more convenient if 
> it is going to be erected and removed often.
>

True. And if you want to secure a canvas eyebolts are the way to go.

I was impressed with the length of the legs which should make the 
structure more rigid than conventional pipe clamps. But in turn the 
welds had better be strong.

Nick Brearley

[email-masked]