Subject: [Shop-talk] Tool Cabinets, UPDATE with a question at the end

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 20:37:29 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 03/02/2013 20:38:46, Serialize complete at 03/02/2013 20:38:46

OK, so I was in Lowes today returning a carpet stretcher (found almost the 
same one at Horrible Freight for half the price.)

ANYWAY, I got to looking at the tool cabinets.  Their 'top of the line' 18 
draw 53" model was right there.  $1899, NO WAY.

So my, always wise, SO (who is doing much better- thanks for the support) 
told me to ask the guy if there were any ones with dents in it on 
clearance.

He shows me one about 1/2 the size for about $930.  I'm not interested. So 
I get to asking him about the big one (you know, the one with the built in 
electrical boxes and stereo system) and he asked me what I wanted to pay 
for it.

I told him, as little as possible.  He asks me if a 20% discount would be 
enough.  I tell him only if I can get my Veteran's discount and use my tax 
free status on it (I am a farm and all my tools are not taxed.)

He says, "Sure". 
I say, lets load it up. It was about $1360 even.

So I got this box...
>http://www.lowes.com/pd_351108-55738-TB53SS11_0__?productId=3439322&Ntt=tool+cabinets&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dtool%2Bcabinets&facetInfo=<

(Note, some of them come with refrigerators and that would be a complete 
waste for me.  Mine doesn't have it.)

Now, I'm still in the market for cabinets, but not nearly as urgent. 
(thanks for all the links.)

One last question, is there a 'logical' way to organize a big chest like 
this?  I mean there are obvious things like most used tools at the 
convenent level, but I was wondering if there was any pointers for someone 
setting up a new box.  BEFORE I add all my stuff and then have to 
rearrange it.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "John Niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 20:49:16 -0600

Eric...

head over to garagejournal.com and look at this thread..... over 2MILLION 
views and over 8K posts on every imaginable arrangement for tool box 
drawers....

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466&highlight=show+toolbox

there's lots of other arrangement threads behind their search engine.... 
don't plan anything else that day...

 and I recommend ERNST  socket and wrench holders...
and if you want to see mine... it's here

http://jniolon.classicpickup.com/tools/NEWTOOLPAGE.HTML

later, john

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:37 PM
Subject: [Shop-talk] Tool Cabinets, UPDATE with a question at the end

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 20:55:44 -0600

[email-masked]