Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] tail light lens repair

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:12:23 -0800

On Mar 5, 2013, at 7:59 AM, Lee Daniels <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On a related note, I also detest relying on rear-view cameras to do one's
> backward navigation, and always turn around and get a full 180-deg-plus
view
> of the target area. SWMBO would have done well to heed my warnings about
this
> rather than catch the corner of her sister's BloatoMobile ...
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Eric J Russell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 12:44:40 -0500 a=Ww_dTckuGMIA:10 a=P2oOn6vrs4wA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:17 a=oLbdE008AAAA:8 a=xdmlJVf0AAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=kcDdvM9HAAAA:20 a=nPboMq5-yqz3_0ti19wA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=QCNNVnYvcdMA:10 a=s7wbwcEapakA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0

Shop talk - faster than google?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=plastic+lens+repair+kit

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Lee Daniels" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:59 AM
Subject: [Shop-talk] tail light lens repair

> While I prefer to replace plastic lenses, etc., the owner of the car I 
> care
> for thinks that the price of a new rear taillight assembly is not worth 
> the
> expense. She found a web site that describes a process of using some kind 
> of
> epoxy to do a repair for small holes in a lens - but the site does not 
> give
> the name or manufacturer of the "catalyst-activated liquid". See it here:
>  http://goo.gl/ex7Go
> A search of the online versions of all of my favorite FLAPS did not turn 
> up
> such a beast, just the "repair tape" material - which I refuse to use. Any
> ideas about this type of fix-it kit?

[email-masked]

---

From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:52:37 -0600

Maybe something like this ...

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/Plastic-Lens-Repair-Kit-p/38-8453.htm

-----Original Message----- 
From: Lee Daniels
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] tail light lens repair

While I prefer to replace plastic lenses, etc., the owner of the car I care
for thinks that the price of a new rear taillight assembly is not worth the
expense. She found a web site that describes a process of using some kind of
epoxy to do a repair for small holes in a lens - but the site does not give
the name or manufacturer of the "catalyst-activated liquid". See it here:
  http://goo.gl/ex7Go
A search of the online versions of all of my favorite FLAPS did not turn up
such a beast, just the "repair tape" material - which I refuse to use. Any
ideas about this type of fix-it kit?

On a related note, I also detest relying on rear-view cameras to do one's
backward navigation, and always turn around and get a full 180-deg-plus view
of the target area. SWMBO would have done well to heed my warnings about 
this
rather than catch the corner of her sister's BloatoMobile ...

Lee

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Lee Daniels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 13:15:48 -0600

Ahh, it all depends on how you phrase your search. I used the term "plastic
tail light lens repair" and did not get these kits listed!!!  THANKS.

[email-masked]