Subject: [Shop-talk] Fwd: Dent puller

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:53:01 -0500

Go to Eastwood.com and search for "Uni-Wire".

Doug

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jorge Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Subject: [Shop-talk] Dent puller
To: shop-talk <[email-masked]>

In the show 'Wheeler Dealers' they have used a dent puller that I would
like to find and buy. It works by spot welding a number of fingers that are
then attached to the "puller" by hooks. The puller has handle that pulls on
the hooks by turning a handle. It looks very simple to operate. Has anyone
seen the show and the use of this dent puller? If you know where I can
purchase this tool please let me knw. I've already checcked Harbor Freight
and Amazon's websites and they did not have it.
Thanks
____________________
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:55:57 -0600

It is very cool and remember researching it the first time Ed used it. Got
the name (which I no longer remember) off of the unit and plugged it into
Google. I seem to recall it was a UK/European company and it was way too
rich for my pocket book. It's basically a fancy stud gun that tack welds
the tabs with the slots along a crease in a body panel you want to pull.
Then a rod is inserted in the slots and the crease pulled out.

I remember stud guns starting to show up on the Spike/Powerblock shows two
or three years ago. These tack a short piece of rod where you want to pull
out a panel. You then use the slide hammer that comes with the kit to pull
the crease out I think prices start at around $300 or so from Eastwood. Not
as elegant as the setup on Wheelers Dealers, but much more affordable for
hobbyists.

FWIW,
Ron

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Jorge Garcia <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:12:29 -0500

I got a generic stud-welder setup from Harbor Freight a few years ago, for
$99 or so, and it has been very useful.  It seems like 80% of the dents I
have needed to fix were in places where there was no access to the back of
the panel, or the back was covered with undercoating, or I would have had
to remove an interior panel for access.  In situations like this, the stud
welder is very quick and easy to use.

Doug

[email-masked]