Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Auto thermometers and clocks

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]> mail.megageek.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:10:41 -0500

At 06:05 PM 2/16/2013, [email-masked] wrote:

 >I am looking for an add-on clock and external thermometer for my truck.
 >Anyone know of one.

Check your local walmart store.  My kids got me one for Xmas < $10

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Lighted-In-Out-Thermometer-Clock/14324182

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:42:38 -0500

Time to browse the venerable J.C. Whitney catalog...
Doug

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ideally, it would be hard wired to the truck (read <no batteries>) and it
> would be back lit.  (one that came on with the truck would be perfect.)

[email-masked]

---

From: Peter Murray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:26:18 -0500

Your smartphone should be able to tell you much of this info. My Android
phone has an app called "Altitude" that provides this information using the
built-in GPS in my Motorola Atrix 4G. It doesn't report accuracy values,
but once it settles on a reading, it doesn't move much. I am sure there are
better apps. My Blackberry Curve of 2007 would report accuracy values of 3m
- so I don't think the GPS in a modern smartphone is all that inaccurate.

I know that the item below satisfies none of the requirements that Inch
stated, but this is another item to put in any (modern-ish) vehicle...

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks.
> Eric P
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]