Subject: [Shop-talk] radiator reuse

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 11:00:28 -0600

We've got single pipe steam heat.  We're also missing a radiator in
the bedroom.  (the riser is there, just capped off. still has a valve,
even.) By coincidence, my brother has replaced a radiator in his
house, with a small modern thing.  They've got hot water heat
(originally two pipe steam).  There's no reason I can't remove the air
bleed valve, fit an air valve, fit a plug on output on that side, and
use it with the single pipe steam, is there?  The radiator is a bit
smaller than it ought to be, but I can't really beat the price.

-- 
David Scheidt
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: steve hochschild <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 12:04:40 -0600

Not only will this work, but even better, it gives you a great excuse to 
buy a mini-lathe!

[email-masked]