Subject: [Shop-talk] For my next trick...

From: Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:46:00 -0500

I just got a new power supply for my Dell laptop. They come with this 
ingenious rubber strap to wrap the power cord to the transformer. The 
whole thing was very--very--well bubble wrapped and taped, and in the 
course of cutting through the wrap and tape, I cut through the rubber strap.

It's been quite the few months.

Is there any way to glue or 'weld' the strap back together? It takes a 
fair amount of tension when it's used.

Thanks.

Scott
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 07:43:30 -0800

> if you know someone 
> who can make o-rings from a 
> kit...   I think the o-ring adhesive is better than the 
> original super-glue. 

I have the O-ring kit and the glue that came with it.  It works, but the
glued joint is never quite as strong as the original O-ring, in my
experience.  Maybe if you had some sort of press that could apply pressure
on the joint while the glue hardened ...

-- Randall 

[email-masked]