Subject: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutting eye protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 12:47:23 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/06/2013 12:47:17, Serialize complete at 01/06/2013 12:47:17

OK, I've been using my autodarkening welding helmet for my plasma cutting 
since I got the cutter.  It works OK, but I can't see any lines that I 
make to great cuts.

So I watched a video on line and the guy was only using sunglasses.  So I 
got a see of 100% UV protection sunglasses eye protection (not consumer 
glasses, but actual eye goggles.)  They were even in the welding section.

Now when I use them for plasma cutting, I can see great.  The only 
problem, my eyes seem to feel like they are getting a little "snow 
blinded' when I'm done cutting.

So my questions are...

What should I be using for plasma cutting?
Can I still use the glasses without any ill effects?
Is there a better way to mark the pieces to be cut so I can see them with 
my welding helmet?

Thanks!

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive