Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] For my next trick...

From: Wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:27:08 -0500

> I have the O-ring kit and the glue that came with it.  It works, but the
> glued joint is never quite as strong as the original O-ring, in my
> experience.  Maybe if you had some sort of press that could apply pressure

Replacements are pretty easy to find, just google:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=dell+notebook+power+strap

Hey! 2nd from the top. Is that the one you're looking for?
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=5551
$3.99 + $2.90 S&H. Not worth trying to fix to me.

Searching Ebay for: dell (power,cord) strap
Gets six hits. Hey! a lot of 50 for $46, free shipping!

If you haven't tried it before, you'll be amazed at some of the obscure 
parts you can find on Ebay, both new, NOS, and used part-outs. My old 
faithful microwave Panasonic oven of nearly 20 years died. Sold the 
glass tray on Ebay for $15, and tore the rest to pieces in about 10 
minutes and had $1.50 of bare steel for the next scrap yard run.

-w
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:47:50 -0600

Check with <discountelectronics.com> in the Austin area. They just might
have the strap by itself. They're Dell's "Outlet" operation and their C/S
is pretty good. I bought an extra power brick for my Dell 17 laptop from
them for less than half the Dell retail price.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Wayne <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=dell+**notebook+power+strap<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=dell+notebook+power+strap>
>
> http://www.parts-people.com/**index.php?action=item&id=5551<http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=5551>
> faithful microwave Panasonic oven of nearly 20 years died. Sold the glass
> tray on Ebay for $15, and tore the rest to pieces in about 10 minutes and
> had $1.50 of bare steel for the next scrap yard run.
>
> -w
>
> ______________________________**_________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/shop-talk/ronnie.day@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]