Subject: [Shop-talk] At the risk of bringing up something shop-related...

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:35:01 -0800

...having access to a Shopbot CNC router can be dangerous to one's sanity.

First the (7yo) daughter suggests that, well, she'd like to do 
sleepovers but that really means she needs more room and a bunk bed 
might be a good idea.  Mommy agrees so Daddy's sent off to make sawdust:

http://www.milleredp.com/~jem/image/misc/bunkbed.jpg

Along the way, Daddy concludes that since he's already fallen off the 
deep end building a five-drawer chest he may as well do some cabinets to 
fill the grubbily underutilized space under his workbench:

http://www.milleredp.com/~jem/image/misc/shopcabs.jpg

And, the old saying goes that things happen in threes, at least over the 
last week free stuff happened that way, first was a Systech network 
serial-port server from a friend cleaning out his shelves, then came the 
'86 Celica (turns out to need a fuel pump, so not truly free...) and 
today I picked up a clean but quite old 10x36 Logan lathe from a fellow 
local Lion who, after a couple hours of chat about his past career, 
turned out to have been (as nearly as I can peg it) my older 
(now-deceased) brother's junior high school metal shop teacher nearly 
fifty years ago.

John.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive