Subject: [Shop-talk] Cutting roots

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:45:53 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/22/2013 16:43:01, Serialize complete at 01/22/2013 16:43:01

OK, for us Hurricane Sandy survivors, there is still alot of clean up 
left.   I have lots of friends that have tree stumps that need to be 
removed.  Having a stump grinder, this should be easy. BUT most of these 
are overturned trees, rendering the stump grinder useless.

So, I have the ability to lift the stumps out of the ground, but my 
question is, what should I use to cut the roots?  Many of these are huge. 
I do not dare take a chainsaw blade to a dirty root.  I can use an axe, 
but there are lots of them and most a very large.

So, is there a technique for this?  Better yet, is there a new tool I can 
buy?  8>)

I'm interested in any words of wisdom on these process.  I normally don't 
have to remove uprooted stumps.

Thanks!

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 07:45:10 -0700

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 07:59:59 -0700

[email-masked]