Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electric fireplace / TV Stand

From: "John P. New" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:56:56 -0500

Eric,

I bought one similar to this for my mother a couple of years ago. It's 
functional (her TV sits on top of it) and, depending on what you enjoy, the 
flame effect can add a bit of "emotional warmth" to a room (I prefer wood 
fireplaces, so it doesn't do much for me, but my mother seems to enjoy it).

My mother's has a built-in fan and it does put out a lot of heat, but of 
course this varies by model/manufacturer and the room in which the unit sits 
is fairly small. Hers is 110V.

The only thing I can say is that the controls are less than desirable: the 
remote control is annoying because it only turns the heating and light 
elements on or off; the fan speed and heat intensity controls are on the unit 
itself behind a front panel next to the floor, which is very inconvenient for 
anyone except children. It's like having a TV remote that changes channels but 
not volume.

Like any heating appliance, it can be dangerous for small children to be too 
close, but since mine are older, I can't recall if my mother's unit is 
particularly hazardous or not.

John New

On December 12, 2012 01:55:18 PM [email-masked] wrote:
> I was thinking about getting one of these...
> 
> http://tinyurl.com/bdyteqv
> 
> Does anyone have any experaince with these Electric Infrared Quartz
> Fireplace Heater Media Entertainment TV Stands?
> 
> I would love feedback.  Mostly, how much heat do you really feel?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:49:44 -0800 s=q20121106; t=1355345369; bh=qaHMwDuL0qp5OEGXZUUAlIJ+serk1c/I7qEV9rJMjGE=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=IOP+Oykukworl4tgyevIjqHNWAG/dhFizsMqLeTGBs/HZCQK9ZpTO4moR0uocmd+W fjM9RcNQRaEJG95AZ2Fo/nMzP1y5y2/V5e3aMaG52uwcxXakttNDn3cj7iUJm2XmhM qDvezyEn7ruMK8hd0ZnxxGVQ2zbZCPmf6MiwHfsUtm2Kk5o2CT9B5Yymsur/jNyRBi W/RI/Rb76o0sw0W6Wli08MCZBjEDwbuBDbI13+y3S1jeunuqv9RNwR0xOnUxYtZbMZ cfF86cYYFl1xIL7yifgBkzHxpcmE4C7lg2kSuBAeEiFXkfsThzb86t1QdWCGQcPeC6 8gfdEKiFAVS1Q==

My experience is that they semi-pretty to look at, but do not come close to 
looking like a real fire.  A fan is necessary for giving you any heat.

Mike
=================================
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:55 AM
Subject: [Shop-talk] Electric fireplace / TV Stand

> TIA.
> Eric P
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]