Subject: [Shop-talk] Time for a new Dremel

From: Jim Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:45:00 -0600 FILETIME=[3AAFDE30:01CDD260]

After 25 years of good service, my handy old Dremel is finally giving up the
ghost and needs to be replaced.  Before I ask Santa to bring me one, I thought
Id poll the group for thoughts.  My current one has a flexible shaft attached
to it and hangs by the workbench in my garage. While I do use it occasionally
for light polishing, grinding and shaping, by far the most use it sees is as a
cutoff tool.  I almost always have a cutting wheel on it and find it much
easier for light duty work than a full size air tool.  Given how I use it, it
is tempting to get a flexible shaft tool, and could be persuaded by others
experiences, but do like the versatility of the Dremel with the flexible
attachment.  And, I am certainly not wedded to the Dremel brand, if someone
else makes a better one.

As always, thanks.

Jim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 20:54:57 GMT

Jim Stone wrote: While I do use it occasionally for light polishing, grinding
and shaping, by far the most use it sees is as a
cutoff tool.  I almost always have a cutting wheel on it ... --Mine is still
going strong, but I have to agree, I only seem to use it for small cut off or
intricate grinding so it keeps a cut wheel on it.I found an old B&D flex tool
at a garage sale for a buck recenlty, brought it home, cleaned it up, blew it
out, plugged it in and it runs well. So when the dremel dies, it's replacement
is already onboard! MB
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]