Subject: [Shop-talk] Another wandering off-topic.....GPS

From: "Gerald Brazil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:02:32 -0500

I have a Garmin Nuvi 255w and it does one annoying thing that I haven't
figured out how to beat. I hope the crowd intelligence of this group can
help. Let me give you a recent example...

We were traveling northbound on I 65 headed toward Nashville, TN. Our
destination for the evening was White House, TN, about 15 miles north of
Nashville. I had my settings set to "fastest time". As we got near Nashville
toward the end of evening rush the "Lady-in-the Box" routed me through a
very busy downtown Nashville with 2 or 3 expressway changes. It would have
been a lot easier on my nerves to just stay on I 65 and skirt around
Nashville and wind up where I wanted. I think if I had been set on "shortest
distance" I would have probably got the same result but I am not sure. Is
there any other way to avoid downtown congestion?

Is the only solution."buy a more expensive GPS?"
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:00:31 +0000 (UTC)

> Is

You could also look at a map.  If not a paper map, I look at the map in my iPhone.

Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
[email-masked]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
http://www.flickr.com/groups/triumphtransamerica
http://www.mnautox.com
http://www.mntriumphs.org
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]