Subject: [Shop-talk] converting a propane heater to nat gas

From: "John Niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:00:41 -0600

I have a Comfort Glow 26k btu wall mount radiant heater ( that has legs and is
now free standing)  that I use at Christmas to warm my deck during gatherings.
The deck is screened and wrapped in poly and with the heater it will stay
around 65-70 inside at 35-40 outside... good enough for the smokers and the
folks that are tired of the crowd.

Every year I drag it to the deck with a couple tanks of propane  and every
year I drag it back in storage... 40 bucks lighter for the propane.  As I set
up this year I finally realized that I had an unlimited supply of nat gas 10
feet away at the gas grill...  I'm about to become a convert !

Checking with the mfg, they say NO CONVERSION  on this heater.  Not one to be
dissuaded by technical knowledge, common sense and other hokum, I'm on a quest
to convert...

Anyone got any ideas ???  I haven't taken it apart yet... it has five blocks
that are lit as the control knob is turned up (low, med, high... 1 block,3
block, 5 block respectively)  I would think a orifice change (if it's
removable) and maybe a gas valve (if it has one).   Anybody see how this can
blow up in my face ???

I'm open to all conversations... I'm not the best gas guru, but I can make a
leak free joint !

thanks
John

What every man worth his salt should know how to do.....

Sweep a woman off her feet, ...motivate a peer
Make a wish come true - for someone else,
keep a promise... change a tire... calm a fear
make a child giggle...tell a ghost story
write a love letter, ask for directions
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive