Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Loud Toilet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:32:50 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/18/2012 09:32:52, Serialize complete at 12/18/2012 09:32:52

Marty, 

Is there an "expansion tank" in your house?  If so, drain the water from 
it (it should have an easy drain valve.)

The expansion tank should be a small 10 gal or so tank (like one on a 
portable compressor) that has one water line run it.)
Note, I'm not an expert, but this works for me.

Enjoy!

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 

marty sukey <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
12/18/2012 09:04 AM

To
shop-talk list <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Loud Toilet

I have a 12 year old house. Master bathroom is at the opposite end of the
house from the water feed line. A few months ago the toilet in the master 
bath
started hammering when flushed. Like a water hammer shutter noise. I 
replace
the fill valve in the tank over the weekend, and it got worse???  As the 
float
is dropping to start filling the tank is when all the shuttering/hammering
takes place.  Any ideas?

Marty
______________
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive