Subject: [Shop-talk] Electric fireplace / TV Stand

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:55:18 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/12/2012 13:55:20, Serialize complete at 12/12/2012 13:55:20

I was thinking about getting one of these...

http://tinyurl.com/bdyteqv 

Does anyone have any experaince with these Electric Infrared Quartz 
Fireplace Heater Media Entertainment TV Stands?

I would love feedback.  Mostly, how much heat do you really feel?

TIA.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:56:49 -0500

As for your actual question, the website says 1500 watts.  The 
efficiency of electric heating elements doesn't really vary.  It's 
physics, actually.  So I would expect that it would put out pretty 
much the same amount of  heat as  the other 1500 watt heaters on the 
shelf at Home Depot.  I don't know how to better quantify what you 
really feel.  Maybe try to borrow some other 1500 watt heater and see 
if it works for you.

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

[email-masked]