Subject: [Shop-talk] Diverter valves

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:10:05 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/12/2012 13:10:08, Serialize complete at 12/12/2012 13:10:08

Can someone please tell me why diverter valves are built to leak?  I mean, 
why don't they have a ball valve on them so all the water / pressure goes 
to the shower?

Is there a reason I can't add the ball valve myself?

TIA.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:37:25 -0500

In the past, when I had a leaky one, I replaced the entire spout/diverter
assembly, and the leak
went away.  Unless you have a high-end matched set of fixtures, the spouts
are cheap and easy to replace.

Doug

[email-masked]