Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 06 Caravan wiring help needed

From: Wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:11:39 -0500

Are you sure it needs more wire? CAN-Bus has been common for nearly 20 
years now, and cars blip network packets over power conductors, rather 
than running separate conductors for every device. Even if it was 
hard-wired, I doubt they would have two different harness stocked on a 
'line just for one optional feature.

-w

On 11/10/2012 6:21 PM, Pat Horne wrote:
> My 2006 Caravan is sitting in my shop and I am trying to replace the
> overhead lighting console with one that has the trip computer in it. I
> have all the mechanical parts needed, just need to run one wire to it.
> Anyone have a wiring diagram or at least color code for the one extra
> wire I need to run? I assume it runs to one of the circuits in the OBD
> II connector, but can't find anything on line about it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Peace,
> Pat
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Pat Horne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:51:24 -0600

Wayne,

I just found a wiring diagram on the net and see that the connector i 
was looking at was for the lights only, and not the CAN-bus module. 
There is another 12-pin connector that I didn't see that I need to wire 
up some of the pins on to get it to work. The original console I have 
only contains reading lights, while the one I am installing has the trip 
computer, etc., a totally separate module, in addition to the lights.

Thanks for your reply.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Wayne
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>
>

Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501 Voice & Text 5026 FM 2001 
[email-masked] Lockhart, TX 78644-4443 www.hornesystemstx.com -- 
We support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]