Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need a new multimeter

From: old dirtbeard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:58:21 -0700 (PDT)

They are a little pricey and "old school," but it is my favorite meter.  

http://www.simpsonelectric.com/index.asp?p=Products&id=30&sid=40&ss=31

a little history about Simpson meters:

http://www.simpsonelectric.com/index.asp?p=About_Simpson_Electric&s=History

________________________________
From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, October 30, 2012 7:30:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need a new multimeter

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Scott <[email-masked]> wrote:
> So who likes their meter and what kind do you have?

At work, I've got a variety of Fluke meters; a Fluke 77* comes to mind
as well as a simpler one like the Fluke 113.

But at home, I have a Radio Shack knockoff, as well as a Horrible
Freight $4.99 special.

The Flukes feel great, and you can drop 'em.  You can drop the HF one,
too, and then you can afford to buy another without feeling bad.

*EDIT:  It's a Fluke 73.  Still a hoss...
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 18:12:47 -0800

> http://www.simpsonelectric.com/index.asp?p=Products&id=30&sid=40&ss=31

I'll just note I've had decent luck buying used Fluke and Wavetek stuff 
off eBay...

John.

[email-masked]