Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] License plate photos

From: Mike Rambour <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:57:18 -0700

Its just paranoia...that is all.

  The paranoid say that some one could get information from the license 
number when they see the car on the web...maybe true...but what about 
seeing the car drive down the road when your plate is in full display ?

   I post all my cars on the web and they all have their license numbers 
on the pictures.  Many pictures are even on my website from which you 
can find my address.  Its all about how paranoid you (or your daughter) is.

     mike

On 10/26/2012 03:50 PM, Jim and Kathy wrote:
> My daughter recently bought her first new car, which she is understandably
> proud of.  She just got her new plates, which are an indication of her new KY
> residency, something she is also proud of and posted a photo of the plate on
> Facebook.  I frequently see license plates blurred out in online photos and
> wonder if I should be concerned about the photo.  Does anyone here know what
> the concern is about showing plate numbers online?
> Thanks.
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Battmain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:51:18 -0700 (PDT)

Knowing what I know about the web, some paranoia is needed IMO.  Most likely
she has posted her hometown also. Having the plate online just speeds up the
search process. Fake plates can also be made. You wont know that the plates
have been used until you get the bills. It's just like identity theft. You
don't know until the damage is done, so therefore in my paranoid mind, I do
what I can to prevent it. It's kinda' like insurance. Some people have great
experiences with their insurance company, while others have to jump through
hoops. 

B

>________________________________
> From: Jim and Kathy
<[email-masked]>
>To: Shop Talk <[email-masked]> 
>Sent:
Friday, October 26, 2012 6:50 PM
>Subject: [Shop-talk] License plate photos
>

[email-masked]