Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Chasing down an auto wiring issue

From: Tim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 07:27:48 -0400 (EDT)

I would lean towards the bulb/fixture as well. My S10 also has these 
running lights. When one of mine went out the rest of the headlights 
worked fine. I replaced the fixture and all was fine.

tim

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Scott wrote:

> Okay, it's in the shop, and you guys are probably better at this than 
> anyone else...
>
> My CTS daily driver has 'parking' lights in the headlight housing (I 
> don't know what else to call them--little white lights in the corner 
> of the housing...'marker' lights, maybe?).  The driver's light is out. 
> It's not the bulb. The other lights in the housing work fine, as does 
> the passenger side marker light.
>
> I have no idea how to go about chasing this down. Short of 
> disassembling the car and examining or replacing the wire...I got 
> nothing.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott
> _______________________________________________
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:15:02 -0400

So just...snip the old one off and splice in a new one?

[email-masked]

---

From: Tim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:12:31 -0400 (EDT)

When I say "fixture" I guess I should have said replaced the light 
itself.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Scott wrote:

>>> Okay, it's in the shop, and you guys are probably better at this 
>>> than anyone else...
>>>
>>> of the housing...'marker' lights, maybe?). The driver's light is 
>>> out. It's not the bulb. The other lights in the housing work fine, 
>>> as does the passenger side marker light.
>>>

[email-masked]

---

From: Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:46:47 -0400

The 'headlight housing' itself?

[email-masked]