Subject: [Shop-talk] Charger sizing question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 00:07:07 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 09/02/2012 00:01:56, Serialize complete at 09/02/2012 00:01:56

Ok, I found a new Vector Sport Spot light (Model vec1395) 3000000 candle 
power flashlight.

It's a cheap model, so I'm not expecting much, but I don't have a charger 
for it.  Does anyone know how to calculate what size charger I need?

The Battery is a lead acid 6V6AH/20HR battery.  (It's model number is 
CP0660)

So, what size charger do I need.  There is a replacement one listed on 
Amazon, but it's not for this exact model (its for a Vec139 and I'm not 
sure if that will work with this one.)

Thanks in advance!

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 10:15:30 -0700

> So, what size charger do I need. 

Almost any 'smart' charger designed for a 6v SLA battery should be OK.
Here's one:
http://goo.gl/rqQIl

> There is a replacement one 
> listed on 
> Amazon,
> (its for a Vec139 
> and I'm not 

Nope, the Vec139 uses a 12v system (two 6V batteries in series), so it's
charger wouldn't be appropriate.

-- Randall  

[email-masked]