Subject: [Shop-talk] Headlight housing hazing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:52:37 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 09/11/2012 13:52:41, Serialize complete at 09/11/2012 13:52:41

Talking about the headlight housing, how do you fix the hazing that 
happens on them?

I've tried to use toothpaste, but it didn't work that well.  Any other 
ideas?  I see lots of kits to do it, but I wonder which one is best, or if 
there is a better homemade solution (maybe I did the toothpaste wrong.)

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:14:56 -0400

As you said, there are various kits out there.  I don't have a 
recommendation for a particular one, but I hope they all work better 
than toothpaste.  One thing to consider, aftermarket headlights for 
most cars are a lot less expensive that you might think.  Amazon has 
a number of resellers offering these.  It really depends on which 
vehicle.  Some can be had for $25.  If you are lucky enough to have 
one of these vehicles, I'd spend the $50 bucks and get a couple of 
shiny new ones.  Of course, as the price goes up, the kit might be 
worth a try.

-Steve Trovato
[email-masked]

[email-masked]