Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] aftermarket horn...was Headlight housing hazing

From: Rand E <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:18:24 -0700 (PDT)

You can get the same horn at Harbor Freight on sale for about $20.

Randy

________________________________
From: Tim <[email-masked]>
To: Shop Talk List <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, September 11, 2012 3:08:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] aftermarket horn...was Headlight housing hazing

I bought this one from summit:

https://www.summitracing.com/myaccount/OrderDetails.aspx?CN=11901580&ON=4562433

DON'T BOTHER. It looks like a meaty horn but sounds like, as you said, a pedal 
car. I am very disappointed.

tim

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Ronnie Day wrote:

> I worked on the headlights on our '05 Accord this weekend. I've used a
> couple of the commercial kits and I think the Meguiar's Heavy Duty kits is
> the best in my experience. It includes both 1000 and 3000 grit disks and a
> comfortable to use disk holder, along with a liquid polish and a sealer.
> There's also a soft cotton buffing disk for use with a drill that's about 3
> inches across so it works well on all sizes and shapes of headlights.
> 
> I expect the sealer helps maintain the clarity longer than you might get
> with just sanding and polishing. Our commute in through farm country and
> there's often a lot of "junk" in the air. In fact a year or so ago our '95
> Odyssey started overheating for no apparent reason, Turned out that over
> several years the space between the AC condenser and rad had become full of
> this stuff floating around in the air. I'm sure it's somewhat abrasive on
> the headlights at 75 plus, too. Interesting to note that the headlights on
> the Odyssey are cast from harder plastic than the Accord. They're held up
> well but were also much improved after using the Maguier's kit on them, as
> were the headlights on our '93 GMC PU.
> 
> I've noticed when driving our "new" '02 Suburban that the headlights leave
> much to be desired, but it looks like the outfit that was mentioned here on
> the list that was offering high output headlights is no longer in business.
> I'll dig around on Jeg's, LMC Truck and some of the Chev/GMC truck forums
> to see what I can find. I also want to improve the horn on the Sub. The OE
> unit sounds like it's from a pedal car!
> 
> Ron
> 
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM, PJ McGarvey <[email-masked]>wrote:
> 
>> E
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Battmain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

Just get a hornblaster and be done with it. Youtube hornblaster and while they
were being idiots, it shows the power of the horn. I too got a horn thinking
it would help. While loud, it was no comparison to the hornblaster. 

Brian
> From: Rand E <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Tuesday, September 11,
2012 4:18 PM
>> the headlights at 75 plus, too.
Interesting to note that the headlights on
>> well but were also much improved
after using the Maguier's kit on them, as
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]