Subject: [Shop-talk] Tech question - for the shop

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:49:40 GMT

My home wifi barely makes it to the shop - not a reliable signal. In
attempting to provide a usable signal, would I be better off trying one of the
signal repeater/boosters like this:http://tinyurl.com/8s4jdch Which may or may
not provide enough boost.Although a side benefit is it would surely improve
access around the pool area - and perhaps even induce personnel of great
visual appeal to frequent the area with their pads, smart phones & readers...
Or one of the power line gadgets, like
this:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127386
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:49:22 GMT

As usual, the group came through with excellent info.  Logistics ultimately
made the call though, I started to order the lower cost, wifi booster only to
find they were sold out so I shifted to the wired solution.  I will post a
short report when I get it hooked up. Thanks guys!Matt

---------- Original Message ----------
From: nick brearley <[email-masked]>
To: Matt <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tech question - for the shop

Matt wrote:
> My home wifi barely makes it to the shop - not a reliable signal.

Matt,
I've used the Netgear wi-fi version of the newegg product for a year. See
http://tinyurl.com/br844uh
It's worked well in the house which is an old brick building and out in
the shop which is separate from the house. You could install one near
the pool but I can't say that using one has resulted in the appearance
of any POGVAs in my shop...
Nick
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]