Subject: [Shop-talk] Explorer brake lines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 15:08:08 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 08/06/2012 15:08:10, Serialize complete at 08/06/2012 15:08:10

BTW, my 2001 Ford Explorer has 215,000 miles on it, and still all the 
original brake lines. (Original everything except alternator, steering 
linkage, and a few of the plastic clips on the drivers door handle.)

I don't mean to flame, but there are lots of factors for brake line 
longevity...

First, it sounds like this truck is near a large body of water (possibly 
salt) and sits, undriven, most of it's life, outside.  Those are three of 
the worst factors for metal components.

I've worked on an over 20 year old Ford van with only a line or two that 
was bad, but I more recently replaced a front brake line on a <4 year old 
Cadillac.  So I can't say that make and model mean anything.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive