Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] concrete mixer issue

From: Dwade Reinsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 05:34:08 -0700 (PDT)

Growing up on the farm, we had problems like this with rusty plows until they
would "scour" (polish up and start rolling the dirt over.)  Maybe don't start
with water and concrete mix but just dry mix, let it run until the stone and
grit has cleaned up the left over-stuck on bits of concrete from the last job
and then add water.
 
YMMV.
 
Cotton farmer Dwade

--- On Tue, 7/31/12, Dave C <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Dave C <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] concrete mixer issue
To: "Mike Rambour" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "shop-talk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:42 PM

I have a Harbor Freight mixer, probably the same as yours or similar.  Mine
does the same thing sometimes.  I was mixing up 60 pound bags last week to set
some posts for a lumber rack and after the first batch (2 60# bags) I noticed
it sticking to the bottom.  I just stopped it, dug it off the bottom with a
shovel, rotated it 180* and dug the rest off, and turned it back on.  I was
only mixing six bags so it wasn't a huge deal but it is kind of a PITA.   Next
time I'll probably use my sharpshooter shovel.

I think if I dumped all the concrete mix (dry) into one wheelbarrow and then
shoveled it into the mixer while it was running, shoveling a little and then
adding a little water, it would probably work better, but that's just as much
trouble.

Sorry, no pizza oven comments.

On 7/31/2012 10:57 AM, Mike Rambour wrote:
> 2 years ago I bought a concrete mixer from Home Depot and I used it quite a
bit for a month or so, no issues then it sat for 2 years. Last week I used it
again, no issues.  This Saturday and again last night I used it again and it
was a pain to use.  The concrete was sticking/drying to the bottom of the drum
like crazy and I kept having to turn it off and using a garden trowel, scrape
the bottom of the drum.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive