Subject: [Shop-talk] Cutting spot welds

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:38:00 -0400

Hello,

I'm replacing the lower rear valence panel on my Spit, because it was
bashed up
years ago, and crudely repaired with bondo.  I've been using a cheap HF
spot-weld
drill bit to separate the spot welds, and that is going faster than I
expected, especially
since the Spitfire sheet metal is so thin.

But does anybody know the best way to grind down those little discs of
metal that
the drill leaves behind?  (My drill bit is like a little hole-cutter.)  I
need to grind them flush, without
cutting too deeply into the second, remaining panel.

BTW, I'll probably spring for a HF electric spot-welder to attach the new
panel.

Thanks again,
Doug
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive