Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Sound system

From: John Innis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:33:25 -0500

Gauge of wire will not be an issue really, but you need some shielding to
keep the noise down.  You will not get acceptable audio quality over that
distance with plain old speaker wire.

 Use something like this if you have stereo headphone jacks at each end:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021812&p_id=5583&seq=1&format=2
or This if you have RCA jacks at each end :
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=5349&seq=1&format=2

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Bob Nogueira <[email-masked]> wrote:

> In my garage I have a PC computer with my music and a internet connection.
> On
> the other side of the garage (30 feet)  is the FM stereo amp.  For several
> reasons I can not have the amp and PC close together. I have been using a
> Bluetooth to get the  computer audio output to the amp.
>
> The Bluetooth has been a real pain so I would now like to hardwire the
> computers audio output to the amps  aux input.
>
> My Question is what gauge wire will I need to cover the  30 b 40 ft.
> between
> the computer and amp?
>
> Bob
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
=================================
= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =
=================================
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Peter Murray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:58:06 -0400

You could use a FM Stereo transmitter with a battery/12V supply for this. I
have been a big fan of the Belkin TuneCast, as it will transmit on any
frequency, and it is not difficult to tack on a better transmitting antenna.

http://tinyurl.com/cz9v6ev

If you have trouble finding the Belkin, likely any one will do. Or you can
build one from a Ramsey Electronics kit - though I would recommend the
FM-25 over the FM-10, for better frequency stability.

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/hk/default.asp?page=amfm

If something smaller could be made to fit where the PC is, you could look
at a much smaller amp and ceiling speakers....

-Peter

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Bob Nogueira <[email-masked]> wrote:
> In my garage I have a PC computer with my music and a internet
connection. On
between
> Bob
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]