Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alt or battery?

From: "Karl Vacek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:46:33 -0500

That's the old Delco Eye.  It's basically a hydrometer.  I've never seen a
truly bad battery where the eye was green, though a good battery might not
have a green eye.  I assume it's a malfunction in the hydrometer - maybe the
float sticking?  I suppose it could stick in the "good" position, but I've
never seen one do that.
Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alt or battery?

This is a water level and charge indicator: green is charged, black is low
or discharged and clear is low water.
tim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:01:09 -0500

> float sticking?  I suppose it could stick in the "good" position, but I've

If there's only one, the cell it's in might be okay, but the five might not
be.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]