Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Exterior nighttime surveillance cameras?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 05:51:51 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 08/01/2012 05:51:09, Serialize complete at 08/01/2012 05:51:09

Scott writes...

>I think if I had concerns, I'd find a telephone pole and sink it maybe 
>six feet deep. It's real easy to identify a hoodlum as the ambulance is 
>carrying them off and you can take their i.d. from their wallet after 
>their pants are cut off them.

That's what I did.  I got the official .PDF from the post office about 
mailbox placement (Email me if you want a copy) and I made my mailbox post 
to fit the regs (or at least my best interpretation as the document 
contracts itself in a few places.)

What I ended up with was 2 X 2.5" rebar posts that go about 4' deep into 
the ground and 5" steel C beam to tie them together.  Check out the 
photo...
http://www.megageek.com/photoalbums/NavigationalBuoys/navigationalbuoysinstalled.html 

Of course I used 'approved' mailboxes (these are the cheapest I could 
find).  One other thing I did was to set my mailboxes about 5' back from 
the road, then I paved the gap.
You can see it in this photo...
http://www.megageek.com/photoalbums/NavigationalBuoys/navigationalbuoysinstalled6.html 

This way I can sit in front of my mailbox with my truck and not be in the 
road.  The mailman is happier and the kids can't turn into it at any 
speed.  The real reason I did it was the snow plows around here are 
operated by NASCAR so I would often have to fix my mailbox because the 
snow that was plowed into them.  Problem solved.

PS, yes, those are real navigational buoys in front of my place.  I got 
tired of people going to the wrong driveway.  8>)

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive