Subject: [Shop-talk] Dewalt Rechargeable Batteries and Primecell

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:03:11 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 08/22/2012 15:03:13, Serialize complete at 08/22/2012 15:03:13

About 3 years ago, I had two of my Dewalt 18v batteries 'rebuilt' by 
Primecell.

It was a pretty straightforward process and I was happy at the time. 
However, the other day, I when to use my dewalt drill and neither battery 
would work.

After a short inspection, it seems the rear terminals on these batteries 
were corroded.  I checked other batteries I had and there was no 
corrosion.  Some of the batteries were years older than the Primecell ones 
with the corrosion.

So I plan to write them to explain the situation, but I was wondering if I 
could get any input here first.

For one, has anyone else seen this on Primecell (or other) batteries?

Does anyone know what could cause the rear terminal to corrode?  Note, I 
do not leave my batteries on the chargers for longer than they require a 
charge, I don't use them that often, I always replace batteries before 
they are completely dead.  All my batteries are stored in the same place. 

So why only these batteries?

Thanks.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive