Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tapeless Joint Compound?

From: bk13 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 08:28:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jim - I searched "tapeless joint compound" and found 
http://www.edp-inc.net/Products.php

It sounds like the same stuff, but they appear to just sell by the pallet via the web site.  Click the contact page and they have a selection of retail locations.

Their product is a setting type joint compound.  You can but setting type compounds at the local home centers and I use them for most of my patches since they are stronger and dry faster than regular drywall joint compound.  For the average homeowner, the 45 or 90 minute set is probably good.  The faster stuff is likely to set before you get it right, so I would not recommend it for general use.

Brian - getting ready to contract out a 21 sheet ceiling job

-----Original Message-----
>From: Jim Stone <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Jun 1, 2012 7:23 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Shop-talk] Tapeless Joint Compound?
>
>About 10 years ago I did some drywall repair for a friend of mine, fixing a
>spot where the original tape had come away from the wall, exposing the joint
>between the two sheets.  I wanted to use fresh tape and conventional compound,
>but he had a product called "ATI Tapeless Joint Compound" that he had
>purchased at Home Depot for the job and wanted me to try.  I was skeptical but
>gave it a try.  10 years later the area still looks perfect.  I now need to
>repair an area around a light switch at my house and would love to use a
>similar product to avoid the tape buildup under one side of the switch plate.
>I Googled the company (Applied Textures Inc) and the product but all I can
>find are old forum postings.  The company's website is no longer functional,
>so I assume they are out of business.  Has anyone heard of a similar product?
>I looked at Lowe's, Home Depot and Ace Hardware, but none of them carried
>anything similar.
>
>Thanks.
>_______________________________________________
>
>[email-masked]
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]