Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Burning cooking oil in your furnace?

From: "Mark Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 15:02:19 -0700

<<<
I know lots of people burn used cooking oil in diesel vehicles.

And since my oil heat is basically diesel fuel, my question is...

Can I burn used cooking oil in my home heating oil tank?  If so, what do I
need to do with first?

Look at greasecar.com for way more info but the short answer I would give
is: not worth the effort.

Folks who burn used oil in their cars typically have a second tank for the
oil, as the car has to be run on standard diesel to get up to temperature so
the veggie oil can be pre-heated.  It also needs to be dewatered and
filtered very well before it is used in the car.  You're not just pulling up
to a restaurant and filling the tank.   
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]