Subject: [Shop-talk] 2.5 gallon fuel containers

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:41:25 GMT

This specifically says not for fuel, but it is HDPE.  It is only $7.60!  I
would just write "DIESEL" on it with a fat
sharpie.http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?sku=75051 Here is another
non-colored container made of HDPE but it elaborates that it isn't suitable
for fuel due to some spill proof rating...It looks more sturdy than the
cheaper jug but it is $17.50  Looks like a typical pit fuel
container.http://www.shopthedude.com/prd.cl/SCR6221W
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:08:51 -0400

I use a 2.5 gallon red plastic gasoline jug and wrote 'diesel' on it 
with permanent marker. (I also have a 1 gallon red jug with fuel/oil 
mix labelled 'chain saw'.)

I doubt that painting a red plastic container yellow will last. How 
about wrapping the handle with yellow tape (in addition to writing on 
it with permanent marker)?

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

[email-masked]