Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 2 or 2.5 gal Diesel Fuel Can

From: Tim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:44:46 -0400 (EDT)

I think the "want" of a smaller fuel can is the ease of picking it up. I 
am sure if he can find smaller cans, he will not haul only one can. 
Haulling two gallons of any fuel would pretty much defeat the purpose of 
hauling fuel in the first place.
tim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:00:26 -0400

And there are some cars that use diesel. I have the small yellow can I 
have for just the reason the o.p. mentioned--it's hard to lift fifty 
pounds of fuel and get the flexible spout to stay in a car's filler 
while trying to hold fifty pounds waist-high just *so*.  Our cars will 
go about 100 miles on two gallons of fuel, and I don't want to use a AAA 
call for the times I think I can stretch the tank to 715 miles...and am 
wrong.

(Not like I've ever done that. That's just being prepared. Yeah.)

On 4/27/2012 9:44 AM, Tim wrote:
> I think the "want" of a smaller fuel can is the ease of picking it up. 
> I am sure if he can find smaller cans, he will not haul only one can. 
> Haulling two gallons of any fuel would pretty much defeat the purpose 
> of hauling fuel in the first place.
> tim

[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:51:36 -0700

> it's hard to lift fifty 
> pounds of fuel 

Just a thought, have you considered using a small transfer pump instead?
It's not particularly quick, but one of those little 'clicker' Facet fuel
pumps works pretty good as a 12v transfer pump.  And it will do things like
pump from a permanently mounted tank that would be difficult otherwise.

BTW, 5 gallons of diesel fuel weighs less than 36 pounds.  Add 4 pounds for
a plastic can, and it's still only about 40 lbs.  It only seems like 50 :)

-- Randall  

[email-masked]