Subject: [Shop-talk] Fw: Tim Mullen

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:05:03 -0400

Paul, 
Can you see that Tim gets this? (Or at least email me an address to get it 
to Tim's wife?)  I'm also cc'ing the email address that I have for Tim and 
the shop talk list to make sure I get it to him.

Tim, 

This is Eric (or "Inch") from Stop Talk list.  I just wanted to reach out 
and let you know that there are lots of us here thinking about you.  I 
just thought back over the years about things you personally  helped me. 
Some quick ones that come to mind are...
-Advice on the difference between industrial and automotive air couplers
-Where to find quality jumper cable connectors
-How to do home front end alinements, and the tools needed
-And the merits of static balancing vs. high speed balancing of tires.

But mostly, I remember you taking the time to give me a detail list of 
what I needed to do to store my truck for it's year long storage when I 
got deployed to Iraq.  Advice that I had to use a second time to go to 
Afghanistan afterwards.

You ended the email with "Good luck over there, and keep you head down." 
(I still have the email)

Well, I kept my head down and may it home twice.  But now it's time for 
you to "get your head up" and get back online.  Us shade tree mechanics 
out here need your expertise!

So, get out of bed trooper and get back in that shop!!!  That's an order!! 
(Don't forget, I'm a Captain in the US Army, so that really *IS* and 
order!)

God Bless, and a speedy recovery from me (and all of the lugs on the Shop 
talk list, I'm sure.) You are in our prayers.

Eric P
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 

PS- yesterday I DIDN'T keep my head down and I broke my nose putting some 
wood on a shelf.  Time to build yet another garage for MORE STUFF!!!!  8>)

----- Forwarded by Eric Petrevich/Megageek on 04/24/2012 13:58 -----

Paul Parkanzky <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
04/22/2012 11:38

To
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Tim Mullen

All,

This message was relayed on a British car forum where Tim and I have both 
been
active:

Hello everyone,

This is Tim Mullen's wife.

Tim had a massive episode of what we don't really know, but put him in ICU
for a few days with 100% ventilator.

Either a major stroke or ?????

Anyway, we need to get his brain firing on all cylinders.

I know he loves his cars and you guys.

If you post some comments (especially things that you might need help with
your cars) I want to read them to him and get his mind jump started.

As I know more I'll let you know.

He considers you all his best virtual friends. And some we have met at
various car shows

Jo Mullen

Tim has made a big contribution here over the years, so let's all hope for 
a
quick, full recovery.

Jo, if you see this please allow us to help in any way we can.

Thanks,

Paul Parkanzky
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:30:42 -0400

Tim,

Like Eric (Inch), I too (John T. Blair) have saved many of your emails over the
years.  We miss your sage advice.

We don't really know what is wrong but we are keeping you in our prayers.

A stay in the hospital ain't no fun for anyone.  So get better 
quickly and get the
h$%@ out of there.  Then you can get back to you shop and computer and
giving us all moral support as we fumble through our odd jobs in the shop.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Parkanzky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:53:31 -0400

Eric,

I'm afraid that I don't have any more a direct line to Tim than you do.

I can, however, pass along some great news from the forums:

---From the Forums (Not My Writing)---

My wife Debbie & I went by the hospital after work, and saw Tim. He was
quite alert, considering the pain meds he is on.

He is bruised up, has a torn muscle in his leg, and a damaged lumbar
vertebra. He can't walk on his own yet, but will be fitted for a brace
soon, which should help. They do not know yet what caused the episode that
landed him in the ER, but tests show it wasn't a seizure, nor a stroke, nor
a heart attack.

We dropped off a Get Well Soon card, from his Lotus friends from around the
world. We also gave him a Lotus 25 model kit. I told him we were going to
need the model assembled, painted, and decal'd by, say, early next week. He
said he'd look into it.

We talked cars, and car people, and he was quite lucid throughout. He is a
bit embarrassed by the fuss online, as his wife Jo has described it to him,
but he is genuinely appreciative of the thoughts. He does not have access
to a computer at this time.
/SNIP/
--------------------------------------

I removed some forum specific stuff at the end, but the upshot is that Tim
seems to be on the mend and with his faculties in tact.  It's wonderful
news and I think it's just a matter of time before we see Tim on here again.

-Paul

[email-masked]