Subject: [Oletrucks] 73~87 GM C 10 Frontend Rack & Pinion Swap

From: "James E Hays" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 12:52:53 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7876590388146049655==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D143CA.29FE4700"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D143CA.29FE4700
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Have 55-1st P U with installed Stock above Frontend to include Disc =
Brakes, Independent Coil Springs, Power Steering / Frame Mounted =
Steering Gear (box). Every moving part of the front & rear suspension ( =
stock 55 springs ) have been replaced even including springs, shocks, =
steering gear and Front / Rear alignment.

With the newer vehicles Steering really spoiling a guy I would like to =
take a look at Rack & Pinion replacing the Steering Gear. I know they =
have complete kits but I am hoping that I can save as much of the work =
already done as possible replacing only the Steering Gear with the R & P =
and all required connects.

If anyone has any details relating to selecting / installing a R & P on =
this 73~87 GM C 10 Frontend sure would like to hear from you. Think I =
can handle everything but the R & P  selecting  =20
/ installing ( locating & mounting supports ).

Thanks,
Jim  55-1st 5 window / GM 350 / 4L60E
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D143CA.29FE4700
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Have 55-1st P U with installed Stock above Frontend to include Disc =
Brakes,=20
Independent Coil Springs, Power Steering / Frame Mounted Steering Gear =
(box).=20
Every moving part of the front &amp; rear suspension ( stock 55 springs =
) have=20
been replaced even including springs, shocks, steering gear and Front / =
Rear=20
alignment.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>With the newer vehicles Steering really spoiling a guy I would like =
to take=20
a look at Rack &amp; Pinion replacing the Steering Gear. I know they =
have=20
complete kits but I am hoping that I can save as much of the work =
already done=20
as possible replacing only the Steering Gear with the R &amp; P and all =
required=20
connects.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If anyone has any details relating to selecting / installing a R =
&amp; P on=20
this 73~87 GM C 10 Frontend sure would like to hear from you. Think I =
can handle=20
everything but the R &amp; P&nbsp; selecting&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>/ installing ( locating &amp; mounting supports ).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Jim&nbsp; 55-1st 5 window / GM 350 / =
4L60E</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D143CA.29FE4700--

--===============7876590388146049655==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7876590388146049655==--