Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Gas pump problem

From: GALE GORMAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 08:58:58 -0600

What's the condition of the two hoses connecting the fill spot to the tank? I
have quite a few of the large hose just because I had to buy a 3 foot piece to
get what I needed. If the small hose has deteriorated or partially clogged
that would do it.

I can mail the large hose to you or meet you for coffee.

Gale Gorman
Houston

On Dec 16, 2014, at 8:08 AM, Smokey <[email-masked]> wrote:

When I put gas in my truck (1950 3600) almost every time I get a splash
back every few seconds, spilling as much gas as I am putting in the tank,
and taking forever to fill up.  At some pumps I can turn the nozzle upside
down and it works OK but not every time.  Has anyone else experienced this
and found a remedy?

Thanks!

Smokey Culver
League City,  TX
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "David Camp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:28:26 -0500

Hi Smokey,

I think Gale is probably right. I have a 49 3600 and have never had that
problem.

Dave Camp	
Kent, OH

-----Original Message-----
From: Oletrucks [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of GALE
GORMAN
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:59 AM
To: Smokey
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Gas pump problem

What's the condition of the two hoses connecting the fill spot to the tank?
I have quite a few of the large hose just because I had to buy a 3 foot
piece to get what I needed. If the small hose has deteriorated or partially
clogged that would do it.

Gale Gorman
Houston

When I put gas in my truck (1950 3600) almost every time I get a splash back
every few seconds, spilling as much gas as I am putting in the tank, and
taking forever to fill up.  At some pumps I can turn the nozzle upside down
and it works OK but not every time.  Has anyone else experienced this and
found a remedy?

Thanks!

Smokey Culver
League City,  TX

[email-masked]