Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] [old-chevy-truck] milkshake engine oil

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 08:42:38 -0500

Advance Auto sells a product that can be used to de-gunk the inside of the
engine but it's how you use it that determines how successful you will be.
Had a similar problem with a jeep and it cured it 100%.  It's a little pricey
but then again it's cheaper then a new engine or a rebuild.  If your
interested, I'll email you the name of the product.  Don't know off the top of
my head, it's in the garage, and I'd have to look for it but not a problem to
find.

Mike

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 4, 2014, at 3:38 PM, 'Durwood B. Darbin' [email-masked]
[old-chevy-truck] <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Greetings old truckers,
>
> Once more I must tap the knowledge of the group(s) for my current dilemma.
>
> I don't drive the Jimmy very much (less than 25 miles a year usually on the
4th of July) and it had a bad water pump but I thought that it was a leaky
radiator.  I have had many things done to the truck by many shops in the last
few months and they all said that my  radiator was low so they added
antifreeze before I picked it up for the 1/4 mile drive home.  I had tires,
brakes, suspension and finally a water pump done and somewhere in there
somebody put antifreeze in my motor.  Now my motor oil looks like a milk shake
and the oil filter is clogged.  I drained the cold milkshake (still dripping
after 1 day) and put in some used oil and took out the filter and started it
up to warm up and drain the oil again, kind of thinking that would flush out
the gunk.  My oil pressure was around 60 psi but now it is about 15.  I may
not be the sharpest pencil in the box but I'm thinkin' that this 15 psi thing
is a bad omen so I turned the truck off.  I have gray slop under my oil cap
and the dipstick has the same gray gunk on it above the normal (used) oil on
the dipstick so I'm thinkin' that there is probably gray gunk in my oil lines,
thus the low oil pressure.
>
> My question is - How do I get the gunk out of my oil lines?  Is my engine
toasted?
>
> Durwood @ TESRWNN
> 51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
> 52 Burb
> 54 Jimmy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
>
> __._,_.___
> Posted by: "Durwood B. Darbin" <[email-masked]>
> Reply via web post                       	b"	Reply to sender
b"	Reply to group                       	b"	Start a New Topic           	b"
Messages in this topic (1)
> Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email (with no subject, no body, just the email),
to:  [email-masked]
> VISIT YOUR GROUP
> b" Privacy b" Unsubscribe b" Terms of Use
> .
>
>
> __,_._,___
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive