Subject: [Oletrucks] My truck rides like a rough riding truck

From: "James Hays" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 10:11:34 -0700

Hello Strangers - sure like to draw on your previous experiences.

Driving - primed 55-1st PU - 350/4L60E with 74 Chev PU IFS narrowed 1.6'' &
lowering 2'' shorter new coil springs with newly made rear stock leaf
springs with 2 less leafs - softened with 2'' reduced height ( all
suspension pivot points F & R replaced ) . New F & R Monroe shocks of 74
Chev P U design.

Have less than a couple hundred miles on it but it really rides rough -
bouncing - only once - at every little bump. Thinking now the 74 Chev P U
must weigh a 1000# more than the 55 - could the shocks be from a too heavy
of a vehicle?

Everyday vehicle is a Yukon XL w / 150,000 - hoping I'm not expecting too
much. With this rough, bouncy ride would a person think of shocks first or
check with the people who furnished the springs? Know there is no comparison
of vehicle designs but hope I can improve my hobby truck some allowing a
Arizona Route 66 cruse next spring after paint.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

Jim - 55-1st / 5 Window - LT-1 / 4L60E 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive