Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Rims for '49 Chevy Pickup

From: David Raphael <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:33:43 -0700

Hello:

	I am interested in finding 15 inch rims for my '49 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup.  It
currently has 6-lug, 16- inch wheels, and I like the look of the smaller
wheels and tires.  Someone has offered rims he says came off of a '41 Chevy
passenger car.  They have the 6-lug Chevy pattern, but my question is whether
the center hole of the wheel will fit my truck.  I've measured my current
rims, and the diameter of the opening is 3 1/2 inches.  Are they
interchangeable?  Thanks for your help.		David

David Raphael
Portland, OR 97215
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Kinderlehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:54:04 -0700

I don't know if they will bolt up, but I suggest that you measure across as
well. They may be too narrow to fit a decent tire. They also may not be able
to hold air with tubeless tires although if they are solid rims, that
shouldn't be a problem. 

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David Raphael
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:34 PM
To: Oletrucks
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Rims for '49 Chevy Pickup

Hello:

	I am interested in finding 15 inch rims for my '49 Chevy 1/2 ton
pickup.  It currently has 6-lug, 16- inch wheels, and I like the look of the
smaller wheels and tires.  Someone has offered rims he says came off of a
'41 Chevy passenger car.  They have the 6-lug Chevy pattern, but my question
is whether the center hole of the wheel will fit my truck.  I've measured my
current rims, and the diameter of the opening is 3 1/2 inches.  Are they
interchangeable?  Thanks for your help.		David

David Raphael
Portland, OR 97215

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "H. E. Spencer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:45:32 -0700

I've got a set of four six lug wheels coming off of my 55 1st series truck. 
The front wheels are clear, and the rearend project is next (as in August). 
I'm 99 percent positive the wheels are 15 inch and that they are not 
original. Ask me questions and I'll have a sighted friend find the answers 
or send photos. I'm in Reno. Harry

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David Raphael" <[email-masked]>
To: "Oletrucks" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Rims for '49 Chevy Pickup

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/oletrucks/[email-masked] 

[email-masked]