Subject: [Oletrucks] FW: 55-1st Door Weather Stripping - CORRECT SENDING

From: "James Hays" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:44:19 -0700

Wasnt done, hadnt hit the spell check & hit the wrong key.

Lastly has anyone had any luck shimming under the stock weather stripping.

Thanks,

Jim

55-1st  5 window

From: James Hays [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:36 PM
To: [email-masked]([email-masked])
Subject: 55-1st Door Weather Stripping

Getting close  still in primer  checking door / cab opening  some gaposes
where stock weather stripping will not seal that good (rains a lot in
Washington State )

Has anyone had much luck with aftermarket  alternate design such as a
hollow half circle  maybe = wide by 5/8 high  they readily collapse as
needed to fit the contours .
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: GALE GORMAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:58:21 -0500

On Jun 10, 2013, at 7:44 PM, James Hays <[email-masked]> wrote:

<<

I'm painting my '54 all apart. I even cut the welds at the bed side to
tailgate crossmember. I'll re-weld those two spots just before I spray color
on it. I did this before on a '55-1st back in 1970 and it came out great. It's
difficult to get a decent paint job where the bed overlaps the fender.

Gale Gorman

[email-masked]