Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Rear leaf springs

From: James Wolford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:37:18 -0400 (EDT)

I have a 1957 Task Force Pickup and wanted to make the ride more smooth in the
rear.  I know there are more leaf springs in the rear of the truck and was
wondering if anybody had ever taken some out to make the ride a little less
bumpy?

Thanks,

Jim--Foxborough, Mass
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "James Hays" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 13:24:27 -0700

Jim:	I have a 55-1st P U with new rear springs. Local builder remove to 5
high with plastic buttons between the leafs. Did lower the truck couple
inches as indicated by the supplier.

IFS with these 5 high rear springs & I think it rides not bad for a short
wheeled P U - not like my Yukon-XL but pretty good - don't think it will
haul much weight but could go to helper/with load additional springs as the
old days making 3/4 out of 1/2 tons

Jim
55-1st PU 5 window / 350 / 4L60E 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of James Wolford
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 12:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Rear leaf springs

I have a 1957 Task Force Pickup and wanted to make the ride more smooth in
the rear.  I know there are more leaf springs in the rear of the truck and
was wondering if anybody had ever taken some out to make the ride a little
less bumpy?

Thanks,

Jim--Foxborough, Mass

[email-masked]